Letterman and Leno top late-night ratings
February 15, 2013
Perhaps the allure of the hot new thing in late night is wearing off.
For the first time since ABC’s “Jimmy Kimmel Live” moved into the 11:35 p.m. hour, CBS’s “Late Show with David Letterman” managed to beat it among adults 18-49.
Letterman finished the week ended Feb. 10 in a tie with NBC’s “Tonight Show with Jay Leno” for first in the demo, both averaging a 0.8 rating, according to Nielsen.
“JKL” was a close third at 0.7.
Letterman and Leno also held a small edge in adults 18-34, despite Kimmel’s relative youth, averaging a 0.5 apiece to his 0.4 in the demo.
In total viewers, “Tonight” led with 3.52 million viewers, with Letterman just behind at 3.474 million. Kimmel was a distant third with 2.478 million.
Tags: abc, cbs, david letterman, jay leno, jimmy kimmel, jimmy kimmel live, jkl, late night, late night ratings, late night viewers, letterman, Marks Late Show, nbc, the late show, the tonight show, time, viewers
NBC and ABC fall against sports
Programming blog: Latest pickups and cancellations
TV ad clutter is worse than ever
Ranking the new shows, top to bottom
‘Crazy Ex-Girlfriend,’ surprisingly good
Rachel, I hear promise after promise
Tell us what you want from OOH ratings
Weekend TV: The zombies return
Cable overnights: Another MLB record
Fusion lays off 30 two years after launch
Even with decline, ‘Empire’ dominates
Cute: Halloween fun on Realtor.com
Survey: Morale is low at agencies
- David Kolbusz becomes CCO at Droga5 London
- Andrew Dauska becomes managing director at TBWA\Chiat\Day
- Lisa Zakarin becomes managing director at Publicis Hawkeye
- Kevin Dolak, Seung Lee and Helen Russell join Newsweek
- Karen DeFriez becomes affiliate sales manager at Westwood One
- Dick Costolo joins HBO's 'Silicon Valley' as a consultant
- Lou Diamond Phillips guesting on NBC's 'Blindspot'
- Melanie Liburd joins HBO's 'Game of Thrones'
- 'Sopranos' actor Frank Albanese dies at age 84
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Digital media planner opening in Seattle
Paid social media planner wanted in McLean, Virginia
Assistant OOH strategist position in New York
Media planner wanted in Philadelphia
Media buyer coordinator opening in New Haven