Letterman and Leno top late-night ratings
February 15, 2013
Perhaps the allure of the hot new thing in late night is wearing off.
For the first time since ABC’s “Jimmy Kimmel Live” moved into the 11:35 p.m. hour, CBS’s “Late Show with David Letterman” managed to beat it among adults 18-49.
Letterman finished the week ended Feb. 10 in a tie with NBC’s “Tonight Show with Jay Leno” for first in the demo, both averaging a 0.8 rating, according to Nielsen.
“JKL” was a close third at 0.7.
Letterman and Leno also held a small edge in adults 18-34, despite Kimmel’s relative youth, averaging a 0.5 apiece to his 0.4 in the demo.
In total viewers, “Tonight” led with 3.52 million viewers, with Letterman just behind at 3.474 million. Kimmel was a distant third with 2.478 million.
Tags: abc, cbs, david letterman, jay leno, jimmy kimmel, jimmy kimmel live, jkl, late night, late night ratings, late night viewers, letterman, Marks Late Show, nbc, the late show, the tonight show, time, viewers
‘The Millers’ falls in move to Monday night
Pandora: Watch one ad, skip the others
Dish drops Turner networks in carriage dispute
Coming soon, a new way to measure online TV
Five smart tips on buying billboards
Fact: Mobile ads now top banner ads
‘Yikes, that is one spooky psychic!’
‘Project Runway: Threads,’ threadbare
Tell us, what’s your take on Martha Stewart?
A most unlikely World Series matchup
Cable overnights: ‘Dead’ stays strong in week two
Mom to toy store: Stop selling Walt White doll!
Fox orders a horror series from Ryan Murphy
- Abbey Klaassen becomes director of corporate development at Dentsu
- Robert Kellner becomes SVP of strategy at Barker
- Anhelo Reyes becomes VP of brand marketing at Spike TV
- ABC News SVP of communications Jeffrey Schneider exits
- Carlos Lamadrid becomes VP of national sales at Entercom
- Claudine Cazian rises to VP of programming at Premiere Networks
- Michael Foster becomes VP of demand platform at MediaAlpha
- Susan Sarandon joins Lifetime's 'Marilyn'
- Pitbull hosting ABC's American Music Awards
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Assistant media planner/buyer wanted in Austin
Digital media buyer/planner job in Norcross, Georgia
Associate media planner wanted in Chicago
Media buyer job in Medford, Oregon
Media planner position in Chicago