Letterman and Leno top late-night ratings
February 15, 2013
Perhaps the allure of the hot new thing in late night is wearing off.
For the first time since ABC’s “Jimmy Kimmel Live” moved into the 11:35 p.m. hour, CBS’s “Late Show with David Letterman” managed to beat it among adults 18-49.
Letterman finished the week ended Feb. 10 in a tie with NBC’s “Tonight Show with Jay Leno” for first in the demo, both averaging a 0.8 rating, according to Nielsen.
“JKL” was a close third at 0.7.
Letterman and Leno also held a small edge in adults 18-34, despite Kimmel’s relative youth, averaging a 0.5 apiece to his 0.4 in the demo.
In total viewers, “Tonight” led with 3.52 million viewers, with Letterman just behind at 3.474 million. Kimmel was a distant third with 2.478 million.
Tags: abc, cbs, david letterman, jay leno, jimmy kimmel, jimmy kimmel live, jkl, late night, late night ratings, late night viewers, letterman, Marks Late Show, nbc, the late show, the tonight show, time, viewers
TLC yanks ’19 Kids and Counting’
‘Late Show’ finale hits 21-year high
‘Modern Family’ falls to low in finale
Once again, ABC wins May sweep
This fall’s five big timeslot battles
Oh my! There goes Marilyn’s skirt.
‘Late Show With David Letterman,’ bravo
Tell us, how do you rate the fall lineups?
Weekend TV: Indy 500 revs up
Cable overnights: NBA stays hot
Fun facts about the Indy 500
Buyouts coming at Wall Street Journal
A record season for Telemundo
- Twelve join California agency David&Goliath
- Ellie Duque becomes publisher at Entertainment Weekly
- CBS Entertainment EVP of comedy Wendi Trilling exiting
- New York Times chief information officer Marc Frons exiting
- Marjorie Miller rises to director of global news at the Associated Press
- Melissa Bell rises to VP of growth and analytics at Vox Media
- Josh Swade becomes executive producer for film and video at Rolling Stone
- Jessica Lussenhop becomes senior writer at BBC News Magazine
- Emily Banks becomes deputy mobile editor at Bloomberg Digital
This week’s younger viewer ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
Media buyer/planner wanted in Louisville
Display media planner opening in Chicago
Media planner/buyer opening in Omaha
Assistant media planner wanted in Atlanta
Media buyer wanted in Pittsburgh