Letterman and Leno top late-night ratings
February 15, 2013
Perhaps the allure of the hot new thing in late night is wearing off.
For the first time since ABC’s “Jimmy Kimmel Live” moved into the 11:35 p.m. hour, CBS’s “Late Show with David Letterman” managed to beat it among adults 18-49.
Letterman finished the week ended Feb. 10 in a tie with NBC’s “Tonight Show with Jay Leno” for first in the demo, both averaging a 0.8 rating, according to Nielsen.
“JKL” was a close third at 0.7.
Letterman and Leno also held a small edge in adults 18-34, despite Kimmel’s relative youth, averaging a 0.5 apiece to his 0.4 in the demo.
In total viewers, “Tonight” led with 3.52 million viewers, with Letterman just behind at 3.474 million. Kimmel was a distant third with 2.478 million.
Tags: abc, cbs, david letterman, jay leno, jimmy kimmel, jimmy kimmel live, jkl, late night, late night ratings, late night viewers, letterman, Marks Late Show, nbc, the late show, the tonight show, time, viewers
Another Thursday night of football preemptions
The new king of late night indeed
Sports’ sudden superstar: Mo’ne Davis
Dallas: Cowboys kick up TV spending
‘Intruders,’ eerie at a measured pace
Tell us, what’s your take on automated buying?
Best tube bets this weekend
TNT nabs rights to ‘Hunger Games’ and ‘Divergent’
Cable overnights: FNC snaps CNN win streak
Amazon’s drones are coming! (In India, not U.S.)
Now on music sharing site SoundCloud, advertising
Lawsuit claims People is biased against blacks
‘Big Brother’ lifts CBS to Wednesday win
- Neil Munn rises to global CEO at BBH
- Kim Heneghan joins and Kim Castro rises at U.S. News & World Report
- Patty Adams Martinez, Busra Erkara and Mickey Stanley join Nylon
- Kevin Frazier becomes co-host at 'Entertainment Tonight'
- Rachel Brosnahan joins CBS's 'The Dovekeepers'
- Eva Longoria guesting on Fox's 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine'
- Megan Mullally and Natalie Morales guesting on 'Parks and Recreation'
- Tony Shalhoub joins the cast of Showtime's 'Nurse Jackie'
- Emmy-winning animator Liz Holzman dies at age 61
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Media planner/buyer opening in Detroit
Senior media planner/buyer job in Phoenix
Opening for an associate media director in SF
Media buyer opening in Milwaukee
Manager of media planning job in Dallas