Letterman and Leno top late-night ratings
February 15, 2013
Perhaps the allure of the hot new thing in late night is wearing off.
For the first time since ABC’s “Jimmy Kimmel Live” moved into the 11:35 p.m. hour, CBS’s “Late Show with David Letterman” managed to beat it among adults 18-49.
Letterman finished the week ended Feb. 10 in a tie with NBC’s “Tonight Show with Jay Leno” for first in the demo, both averaging a 0.8 rating, according to Nielsen.
“JKL” was a close third at 0.7.
Letterman and Leno also held a small edge in adults 18-34, despite Kimmel’s relative youth, averaging a 0.5 apiece to his 0.4 in the demo.
In total viewers, “Tonight” led with 3.52 million viewers, with Letterman just behind at 3.474 million. Kimmel was a distant third with 2.478 million.
Tags: abc, cbs, david letterman, jay leno, jimmy kimmel, jimmy kimmel live, jkl, late night, late night ratings, late night viewers, letterman, Marks Late Show, nbc, the late show, the tonight show, time, viewers
No new shows have been axed. Why?
Magazines’ one area of hurt: On PCs
‘Death Comes to Pemberley,’ dear Jane
Rachel, I’ve gone years with no raise
Tell us, what’s your take on Martha Stewart?
Best tube bets this weekend
World Series viewership rises in Game 2
Behind AMC’s decision to buy into BBC America
Final cable upfront tally: Down from last year
There goes ‘Honey Boo Boo?’ Show may be done.
FCC: Media mega-mergers are on hold
Competition holds up against World Series
Ben Bradlee, in other people’s words
- Matt Herrmann becomes CSO at Pereira & O’Dell
- Jeff Maldavir rises to VP of client services at Millennium Communications
- Peter Lattman rises to deputy business editor at The NY Times
- Boris Gartner becomes chief strategy officer at Fusion
- Paul Greenberg becomes CEO at Nylon Media
- Andrew Horlick rises to VP of sales at Bidtellect
- Courtney Love joins the cast of Fox's 'Empire’
- Steve Coogan replacing late Philip Seymour Hoffman in Showtime's 'Happyish'
- Michelle Trachtenberg guesting on Fox's 'Sleepy Hollow'
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Media freelancer available for all markets
Media buyer job in Syracuse
Assistant media planner/buyer wanted in Austin
Digital media buyer/planner job in Norcross, Georgia
Associate media planner wanted in Chicago