Letterman and Leno top late-night ratings
February 15, 2013
Perhaps the allure of the hot new thing in late night is wearing off.
For the first time since ABC’s “Jimmy Kimmel Live” moved into the 11:35 p.m. hour, CBS’s “Late Show with David Letterman” managed to beat it among adults 18-49.
Letterman finished the week ended Feb. 10 in a tie with NBC’s “Tonight Show with Jay Leno” for first in the demo, both averaging a 0.8 rating, according to Nielsen.
“JKL” was a close third at 0.7.
Letterman and Leno also held a small edge in adults 18-34, despite Kimmel’s relative youth, averaging a 0.5 apiece to his 0.4 in the demo.
In total viewers, “Tonight” led with 3.52 million viewers, with Letterman just behind at 3.474 million. Kimmel was a distant third with 2.478 million.
Tags: abc, cbs, david letterman, jay leno, jimmy kimmel, jimmy kimmel live, jkl, late night, late night ratings, late night viewers, letterman, Marks Late Show, nbc, the late show, the tonight show, time, viewers
A night of ups and downs for broadcast
Two more summer shows get the axe
St. Louis: Picking up after a slow start
‘Married,’ funny, yes. Deep? No.
So, what’s your take on Fox-Time Warner?
For Fox, extra helpings of chef Ramsay
No ‘Jump of the Century’ after all
Cable overnights: ‘Rizzoli’ rises in 18-49s
A college radio fundraiser gone awry
Won’t you help Jon Stewart buy CNN?
Huge management shakeup at Conde Nast
Lukewarm debut for NBC’s ‘Food Fighters’
This summer’s winners and losers
- Shoshana Winter becomes executive planning director at mcgarrybowen
- Danna Castiglia rises to VP of business development at CBS News
- Tim Pastore becomes programming president at National Geographic Channel
- Bill Cox and Walter Naar join Grit and Escape
- Nick Catucci becomes features editor at Billboard
- Paul Cushman becomes chief revenue officer at Dstillery
- Michelle Fairley joins the cast of ABC's 'Resurrection'
- Shemar Moore returning to CBS's 'Young and the Restless'
- Lucy Lawless joins ABC's 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.'
- Cast of 'Orange is the New Black' guesting on TBS's 'Conan'
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Digital media planner position in Austin
Media planning supervisor job in New York
Digital media planner opening in Chicago
Assistant media buyer job in Iowa City
Media strategist position in Stamford