Layoffs at Conde Nast may continue today
October 11, 2012
The axe swung at Condé Nast yesterday, and it’s not expected to stop chopping until at least tomorrow.
At least a dozen staffers were let go, most of them on the editorial side at Self magazine, according to The New York Post’s Keith Kelly.
Vice president of media relations for digital and corporate communications Susan Portnoy also lost her job after more than six years in her position.
The cuts are part of a mandate by Condé Nast to reduce costs by 10 percent this year, the latest round of cost-cutting following what was a brutal recession. The company also wants to reduce costs by 5 percent next year.
There are rumors that the layoffs will continue today, and Kelly says Glamour and GQ are in danger, though he notes that The New Yorker and Vanity Fair, two of the company’s most successful brands, are believed to be safe.
Time to winnow the bubble shows
Ratings arise for Easter programming
‘American Odyssey,’ lost in the dark
So, what’s your outlook for this year’s upfront?
On April Fools’, celebrating the foolers
Cable overnights: Big turnout for Bieber roast
CBS leads Daytime Emmy Awards noms
Discovery upfront: Big bump in originals
ABC rises Monday as other networks fall
Twitter gets busy with two awards shows
Indianapolis Star’s front-page editorial: ‘Fix this now’
Inside tips on buying mobile billboards
‘The Daily Show’ finds its new host
- Mike Geiger becomes chief digital officer at David&Goliath
- Eric Segal and Gareth Goodall rise to managing partners at Anomaly
- Rafael Rizuto and Eduardo Marques become ECDs at 180LA
- Damien Marchi becomes global head of content at Havas Media
- Kevin Garrity becomes CEO at Gen Media Partners
- Nick Gilhool becomes VP of casting at Discovery Channel
- Alex Treadway becomes VP of leadership sales at The Washington Post
- Paula Goldstein Di Principe becomes fashion director at Refinery29
- Andrew Dumont becomes VP of marketing at Bitly
- Coleman Insights VP Chris Ackerman retires
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Out-of-home specialist available for all markets
Media planner/buyer job in Raleigh
Temp media buyer wanted in Hollywood
Media planner/buyer position in Columbia, SC
Media planner/buyer job in Summit, NJ