Layoffs at Conde Nast may continue today
October 11, 2012
The axe swung at Condé Nast yesterday, and it’s not expected to stop chopping until at least tomorrow.
At least a dozen staffers were let go, most of them on the editorial side at Self magazine, according to The New York Post’s Keith Kelly.
Vice president of media relations for digital and corporate communications Susan Portnoy also lost her job after more than six years in her position.
The cuts are part of a mandate by Condé Nast to reduce costs by 10 percent this year, the latest round of cost-cutting following what was a brutal recession. The company also wants to reduce costs by 5 percent next year.
There are rumors that the layoffs will continue today, and Kelly says Glamour and GQ are in danger, though he notes that The New Yorker and Vanity Fair, two of the company’s most successful brands, are believed to be safe.
NBC and ABC fall against sports
Programming blog: Latest pickups and cancellations
TV ad clutter is worse than ever
Ranking the new shows, top to bottom
‘Crazy Ex-Girlfriend,’ surprisingly good
Rachel, I hear promise after promise
Tell us what you want from OOH ratings
Weekend TV: The zombies return
Cable overnights: Another MLB record
Fusion lays off 30 two years after launch
Even with decline, ‘Empire’ dominates
Cute: Halloween fun on Realtor.com
Survey: Morale is low at agencies
- David Kolbusz becomes CCO at Droga5 London
- Andrew Dauska becomes managing director at TBWA\Chiat\Day
- Lisa Zakarin becomes managing director at Publicis Hawkeye
- Kevin Dolak, Seung Lee and Helen Russell join Newsweek
- Karen DeFriez becomes affiliate sales manager at Westwood One
- Dick Costolo joins HBO's 'Silicon Valley' as a consultant
- Lou Diamond Phillips guesting on NBC's 'Blindspot'
- Melanie Liburd joins HBO's 'Game of Thrones'
- 'Sopranos' actor Frank Albanese dies at age 84
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Digital media planner opening in Seattle
Paid social media planner wanted in McLean, Virginia
Assistant OOH strategist position in New York
Media planner wanted in Philadelphia
Media buyer coordinator opening in New Haven