Hulk settles lawsuit with Love Sponge
November 1, 2012
The Hulk and the Love Sponge sound like two made-for-Nickelodeon characters, but there was nothing remotely G-rated about their recent spat.
Earlier this year former pro wrestler Hulk Hogan sued his one-time pal Todd Clem, aka radio personality Bubba the Love Sponge, over a sex tape that Hogan claimed Clem and his ex-wife, Heather, filmed without the Hulk’s consent.
But yesterday the two came to a settlement in the case, in which Hogan had accused Todd and Heather of filming him without his consent while he was in bed with Heather.
According to the terms of the settlement, Bubba had to read a statement during his morning show on a Tampa radio station.
“After further investigation, I am now convinced that Hulk Hogan was unaware of the presence of the recording device in my bedroom,” Bubba said. “I am convinced he had no knowledge that he was being taped. Additionally, I am certain that he had no role in the release of the video.”
The 6-year-old tape leaked onto Gawker, and Hogan is suing that site as well. He’s also pursuing his lawsuit against Heather Clem.
Of course, the legitimacy of a suit in which one of the defendants is named Love Sponge and the plaintiff is named Hulk remains questionable. There are many who believe the men cooked up the suit as a publicity ploy.
‘Dome’ rebounds from series low
The internet of things, demystified
Radio ad $ in first half: Flat to last year
A local TV station, a national tragedy
New Orleans: Looking back at Katrina
‘Narcos,’ ripping tale of the drug wars
Tell us your thoughts on Hispanic media
Boost your media IQ. Sign up here.
Weekend TV: Jammin’ with Miley Cyrus
Survey: Social media ad spending will rise
Cable overnights: Another big night for FNC
The new YouTube Gaming at a glance
Another boffo bow for an NBC sitcom
- Kyla Jacobs rises to global business development director at TBWA
- Rob FitzGerald becomes U.S. president at We Are Social
- Mandy Graham joins and Maria Smith rises at M&C Saatchi
- David Duncan becomes chief strategy officer at BBDO Minneapolis
- Zan Goodman becomes design director at Chandelier
- Patty Hirsch becomes digital GM for sports at Time Inc.
- Bob Gold becomes SVP of distribution at Poker Central
- Alison Fitzgerald becomes health policy correspondent at NPR
- Baratunde Thurston becomes supervising producer at 'The Daily Show'
- Jim Belushi joins the cast of Fox's pilot "Urban Cowboy'
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Interactive media buyer job in Cedar Falls, Iowa
Junior media planner wanted in Austin
Assistant media planner job in Atlanta
Local marketing specialist wanted in Greensboro
Part-time media buyer job in Lake Bluff, Illinois