How to leverage LinkedIn, and at no cost
Bill DeRosa tells how to make the most of the site's free tools
January 26, 2012
Everyone’s talking these days about social media as the next big wave in advertising, and there’s no doubt it is. Just look at the ad forecasts for Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
But you don’t have to spend big bucks advertising on the leading social media sites to generate interest and drive traffic to your client’s pages.
There’s a lot you can do using the tools those sites make available to everyone. They cost nothing, and if done right they can deliver just as well if not better than a burst of advertising.
You just have to know what you are doing.
, a social media agency, will explain all the ways you can leverage the free tools on LinkedIn to maximum advantage.
You will learn:
+ How to optimize your profile for search
+ How to create a professional profile
+ How to utilize groups to prospect, connect and become a thought leader
+ How to use plug-ins to integrate other social platforms
The webinar will run for a half an hour, with another 15 minutes for questions and answers.
The webinar is sponsored by BPA, the online, print and face-to-face auditing service.
Attendees will receive free access to BPA’s new online traffic tool, which contains data on all BPA-audited web sites. Now you can compare multiple sites against one another. To learn more, visit the
BPA web site.
To listen to the webinar, just follow this link:
CW tweaking three nights at midseason
Lots of surprises in Golden Globe nods
A merry night for ABC’s ‘Modern Family’
For TV, hitching on to new technology
Green Monday lives up to its name online
Goodbye, Bio channel, and hello to FYI
Cable overnights: ‘Sons’ closes season strong
For magazines, moving beyond print and digital
The five best Christmas specials
Why the bright outlook for local advertising
Real-time buying: Media’s next revolution
An early look at the Heisman favorite
Study: Millennials aren’t glued to smartphones
- Myles Kellam becomes director of client development at LevLane
- Elizabeth Tumulty rises to president of affiliate relations at CBS
- Bear Fisher becomes SVP of marketing at NBCUniversal
- Vernon Loeb becomes managing editor at The Houston Chronicle
- Jennie Morris and Jerry Blake join cable network Pivot
- Jeff Sottolano becomes director of programming at CBS Radio
- Four join online ad technology company Rubicon Project
- Bette Midler producing and starring in HBO's 'Mae West'
- Megan Mullally guesting on NBC's 'Sean Saves the World'
- Kevin Pollak joins CBS's comedy 'Mom'
- Dann Florek leaving NBC's 'Law & Order: SVU'
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Senior media planner opening in New York
Senior media buyer and planner in Denver
Programmatic media director in Chicago
Senior media planner position in Calgaray
Senior media planner in Midtown Manhattan