How to leverage LinkedIn, and at no cost
Bill DeRosa tells how to make the most of the site's free tools
January 26, 2012
Everyone’s talking these days about social media as the next big wave in advertising, and there’s no doubt it is. Just look at the ad forecasts for Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
But you don’t have to spend big bucks advertising on the leading social media sites to generate interest and drive traffic to your client’s pages.
There’s a lot you can do using the tools those sites make available to everyone. They cost nothing, and if done right they can deliver just as well if not better than a burst of advertising.
You just have to know what you are doing.
In this Media Life webinar, Bill DeRosa of
, a social media agency, will explain all the ways you can leverage the free tools on LinkedIn to maximum advantage.
You will learn:
+ How to optimize your profile for search
+ How to create a professional profile
+ How to utilize groups to prospect, connect and become a thought leader
+ How to use plug-ins to integrate other social platforms
The webinar will run for a half an hour, with another 15 minutes for questions and answers.
The webinar is sponsored by BPA, the online, print and face-to-face auditing service.
Attendees will receive free access to BPA’s new online traffic tool, which contains data on all BPA-audited web sites. Now you can compare multiple sites against one another. To learn more, visit the BPA web site.
To listen to the webinar, just follow this link:
‘Carmichael Show’ grows in week two
The internet of things, commercialized
A stark outlook for Canadian media
Save this: Fall’s TV premiere dates
‘Pickle and Peanut,’ better than most
Catch the next big wave: Hispanic media
Weekend TV: College football kickoff
Study: Hostile couch potatoes at risk of injury
The scoop on Millennials’ viewing habits
Big surge for ‘Señor de los Cielos’
New from Hulu, commercial-free viewing
Rebekah Brooks back at News Corp. Really.
NFL pushes further into streaming
- Kerri Clark rises to VP at Turner Content Distribution
- Amol Jadhav becomes VP of global expansion at The Weather Co.
- Michelle Harper rises to VP of sales at Cox Media Group
- Tom Betts rises to chief data officer at The Financial Times
- Julie Shapiro becomes executive producer at PRX's Radiotopia
- David Hill and Reginald Hudlin producing ABC's Oscars telecast
- Alex Kingston appearing in BBC America's 'Doctor Who' Christmas special
- Eric Stoltz guesting on CBS's 'Madam Secretary'
- Ross Partridge joins the cast of Netflix's 'Stranger Things'
- Sarah Carter joins CBS's 'Hawaii Five-0'
- Ronny Chieng, Desi Lydic and Roy Wood Jr. join ‘The Daily Show’
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Interactive media buyer job in Cedar Falls, Iowa
Junior media planner wanted in Austin
Assistant media planner job in Atlanta
Local marketing specialist wanted in Greensboro
Part-time media buyer job in Lake Bluff, Illinois