‘Harm’ bumping ‘Rock Center’ from Thursdays
December 3, 2012
Now that NBC’s schedule has been revived on Monday and Tuesday nights courtesy of “The Voice,” the network is apparently ready to address the serious problems on another evening: Thursday.
It is revamping its Thursday schedule come midseason by moving “Rock Center with Brian Williams,” the low-rated newsmagazine, to Fridays at 10 p.m.
The new series “Do No Harm,” a Jekyll-and-Hyde tale, will take “Rock Center’s” place in the 10 p.m. Thursday hour starting Jan. 31.
“Rock Center” will move to Friday at 10 p.m. as of Feb. 8, with “Dateline NBC” bumping back to 9 p.m. during “Grimm’s” winter hiatus. “Grimm” will return on March 8.
The addition of “Harm” could help NBC on a night that’s become one of its big weaknesses. “Rock Center” has averaged a mere 1.0 adults 18-49 Nielsen rating this season and is tied for last place among the Big Four networks.
Of course the weakness of NBC’s comedies on the night hasn’t helped “Rock Center,” giving the show a weak lead-in on a night where the network dominated a decade ago.
NBC will make some changes to the comedy lineup at midseason as well. The struggling “30 Rock” will air its one-hour series finale on Jan. 31 at 8 p.m., making way for the return of “Community.”
Another series low for ‘American Idol’
‘Duck’ flies higher after season low
Disney Interactive chops 700 jobs
NBC’s dilemma: Whither ‘Community’?
‘Late Night With Seth Meyers,’ go to bed
Rachel, I’ve been stuck bigtime by co-workers
‘Resurrection,’ it’s got a shot
Tell us, are you happy with your salary?
Best tube bets this weekend
Shocker: Isaiah Washington back on ‘Grey’s’
ABC, CBS and Fox bounce back on Wednesday
RJ Palmer, Varick and TargetCast merge into Assembly
Pew: Pope’s getting good buzz on Twitter
- Heather Sandford becomes digital media manager at Ad Partners
- Martin Mohr becomes creative director at TBWA\Chiat\Day
- Carlos Sanchez becomes EVP and GM at Fox Deportes
- Greg Daniel, Laura Nelson, Saul Rosenberg and Marcy Shinder join Nielsen
- Liz Coddington and Melissa Stein join Adara Global
- Akiba Solomon becomes editorial director at Colorlines
- Matthew Galkin rises to partner at Warrior Poets
- Carlos Hermosillo joins Telemundo's sportscasting team
- Brooke Burke-Charvet guesting on ABC Family's 'Melissa & Joey'
- Gabriel Luna starring in El Rey Network's 'Matador'
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Senior planner/buyer opening in Daytona Beach
Media coordinator job in Anchroage
Media planner opening in San Francisco
Media planner/buyer opening in Ancorage
Online marketing media buyer in Camas, Wash.