‘Harm’ bumping ‘Rock Center’ from Thursdays
December 3, 2012
Now that NBC’s schedule has been revived on Monday and Tuesday nights courtesy of “The Voice,” the network is apparently ready to address the serious problems on another evening: Thursday.
It is revamping its Thursday schedule come midseason by moving “Rock Center with Brian Williams,” the low-rated newsmagazine, to Fridays at 10 p.m.
The new series “Do No Harm,” a Jekyll-and-Hyde tale, will take “Rock Center’s” place in the 10 p.m. Thursday hour starting Jan. 31.
“Rock Center” will move to Friday at 10 p.m. as of Feb. 8, with “Dateline NBC” bumping back to 9 p.m. during “Grimm’s” winter hiatus. “Grimm” will return on March 8.
The addition of “Harm” could help NBC on a night that’s become one of its big weaknesses. “Rock Center” has averaged a mere 1.0 adults 18-49 Nielsen rating this season and is tied for last place among the Big Four networks.
Of course the weakness of NBC’s comedies on the night hasn’t helped “Rock Center,” giving the show a weak lead-in on a night where the network dominated a decade ago.
NBC will make some changes to the comedy lineup at midseason as well. The struggling “30 Rock” will air its one-hour series finale on Jan. 31 at 8 p.m., making way for the return of “Community.”
St. Louis: Picking up after a slow start
Won’t you help Jon Stewart buy CNN?
Huge management shakeup at Conde Nast
Lukewarm debut for NBC’s ‘Food Fighters’
This summer’s winners and losers
The future for Forbes and other business titles
Swing and a miss for the British Open
‘Manhattan,’ not a bomb but little spark
So, what’s your take on Fox-Time Warner?
For Lifetime, heels kicking up high
Cable overnights: ‘Hip Hop’ jumps on VH1
How many subscribers did Aereo have, anyway?
Right now at Comic-Con: PETA’s latest work
- Shoshana Winter becomes executive planning director at mcgarrybowen
- Danna Castiglia rises to VP of business development at CBS News
- Tim Pastore becomes programming president at National Geographic Channel
- Bill Cox and Walter Naar join Grit and Escape
- Nick Catucci becomes features editor at Billboard
- Paul Cushman becomes chief revenue officer at Dstillery
- Michelle Fairley joins the cast of ABC's 'Resurrection'
- Shemar Moore returning to CBS's 'Young and the Restless'
- Lucy Lawless joins ABC's 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.'
- Cast of 'Orange is the New Black' guesting on TBS's 'Conan'
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Digital media planner position in Austin
Media planning supervisor job in New York
Digital media planner opening in Chicago
Assistant media buyer job in Iowa City
Media strategist position in Stamford