‘Harm’ bumping ‘Rock Center’ from Thursdays
December 3, 2012
Now that NBC’s schedule has been revived on Monday and Tuesday nights courtesy of “The Voice,” the network is apparently ready to address the serious problems on another evening: Thursday.
It is revamping its Thursday schedule come midseason by moving “Rock Center with Brian Williams,” the low-rated newsmagazine, to Fridays at 10 p.m.
The new series “Do No Harm,” a Jekyll-and-Hyde tale, will take “Rock Center’s” place in the 10 p.m. Thursday hour starting Jan. 31.
“Rock Center” will move to Friday at 10 p.m. as of Feb. 8, with “Dateline NBC” bumping back to 9 p.m. during “Grimm’s” winter hiatus. “Grimm” will return on March 8.
The addition of “Harm” could help NBC on a night that’s become one of its big weaknesses. “Rock Center” has averaged a mere 1.0 adults 18-49 Nielsen rating this season and is tied for last place among the Big Four networks.
Of course the weakness of NBC’s comedies on the night hasn’t helped “Rock Center,” giving the show a weak lead-in on a night where the network dominated a decade ago.
NBC will make some changes to the comedy lineup at midseason as well. The struggling “30 Rock” will air its one-hour series finale on Jan. 31 at 8 p.m., making way for the return of “Community.”
Philly: Auto driving big TV dollars
Defining the big issues in digital video
A stunt that goes over the rainbow
‘Salem,’ this witches’ brew boils over
Tell us, what’s your forecast for the upfront?
Best tube bets this weekend
Tuesday cable overnights: Solid start for ‘Fargo’
NBCU: We’re ramping up digital content
‘Divorce Court’ up 24 percent this season
Pivot upfront: Four new shows on the way
ABC’s ‘S.H.I.E.L.D.’ grows in later timeslot
New from Kantar, a programmatic buying tool
ABC slips ahead of NBC in nightly news
- Sarah Amatuzio becomes VP and creative director at Alcone
- Tim Nolan becomes group creative director at Huge
- Jonathan Kim rises to digital engineering director at Media Kitchen
- Anand Kini rises to EVP of strategy at NBCUniversal
- Meaghan B. Murphy becomes executive editor at Good Housekeeping
- Mary Jeanne Cavanagh becomes EVP of ad sales at BabyFirst
- Steve McEvoy becomes VP of advertising sales at PageScience
- Howard Schneider becomes Federal Reserve reporter at Reuters
- Former 'The View' co-hosts returning to honor Barbara Walters
- Brad Paisley guesting on CBS's 'Two and a Half Men'
- MSNBC personality Lawrence O'Donnell injured in car accident
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
Media planner/buyer opening in Des Moines
Media planner/buyer opening in Austin
Online media buyer position in Provo, Utah
Digital media planner/buyer job in Minneapolis
Senior media planner job in Dallas/Fort Worth