‘Harm’ bumping ‘Rock Center’ from Thursdays
December 3, 2012
Now that NBC’s schedule has been revived on Monday and Tuesday nights courtesy of “The Voice,” the network is apparently ready to address the serious problems on another evening: Thursday.
It is revamping its Thursday schedule come midseason by moving “Rock Center with Brian Williams,” the low-rated newsmagazine, to Fridays at 10 p.m.
The new series “Do No Harm,” a Jekyll-and-Hyde tale, will take “Rock Center’s” place in the 10 p.m. Thursday hour starting Jan. 31.
“Rock Center” will move to Friday at 10 p.m. as of Feb. 8, with “Dateline NBC” bumping back to 9 p.m. during “Grimm’s” winter hiatus. “Grimm” will return on March 8.
The addition of “Harm” could help NBC on a night that’s become one of its big weaknesses. “Rock Center” has averaged a mere 1.0 adults 18-49 Nielsen rating this season and is tied for last place among the Big Four networks.
Of course the weakness of NBC’s comedies on the night hasn’t helped “Rock Center,” giving the show a weak lead-in on a night where the network dominated a decade ago.
NBC will make some changes to the comedy lineup at midseason as well. The struggling “30 Rock” will air its one-hour series finale on Jan. 31 at 8 p.m., making way for the return of “Community.”
Media scrambles to cover Mandela’s death
Whoa: No. 1 show in 18-34s is on cable
NBC Christmas special soars to seven-year high
Rethinking media’s compensation model
Martin Bashir parts ways with MSNBC
Facebook: We want quality over quantity
‘Sons of Anarchy’ tops cable Tuesday
Fox: Super Bowl advertising is sold out
King of the kids specials: ‘Rudolph’
Out-of-home ad spending growth slows
‘Come Dine With Me,’ a tasteless stew
Real-time buying: Media’s next revolution
‘Music,’ hoping to hit the right notes
- Deirdre Finnegan becomes publisher at EatingWell magazine
- Sam Rosen becomes VP of marketing at The Atlantic
- Eric Schurenberg rises to president at Inc. Magazine
- Nicoletta Santoro becomes creative director at Town&Country
- Claudia Foghini rises to SVP of production strategy at Telemundo
- Leslie Scott rises to digital program director at Entercom
- Todd Porch becomes VP and GM at Comcast Wholesale AdDelivery
- Todd Taplin becomes EVP of global sales at Celtra
- Four join branding firm The Sound Research
- Rick Allen becomes lead race announcer at NBC Sports
- 'Early Start' anchor Zoraida Sambolin exiting CNN
- Ana Jurka becomes on-air personality at Deportes Telemundo
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Senior media planner in Midtown Manhattan
Media operations coordinator job in New York
Media planner opening in Brooklyn
Media planner/buyer in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Media buyer position in Hartford, Conn.