Hackers target NY Times web site
May 20, 2013
The New York Times web site has come under attack for the second time in the past six months.
Last week unknown hackers targeted the newspaper in a denial-of-service attack that made the web site unavailable to what a newspaper spokesperson termed a “small number of users.”
The company was uncertain who was behind the attacks, which also slowed down the site’s load times and limited access to some articles.
It came after Chinese hackers attacked the site late last year, just as the paper was publishing David Barboza’s story on Chinese prime minister Wen Jiabao and his family’s great accumulation of wealth.
Those hackers also targeted The Wall Street Journal and Washington Post.
In recent weeks several media organizations have had their Twitter accounts compromised by hackers, including The Associated Press, E! News and CBS’s “48 Hours” and “60 Minutes.”
What to watch for at the Newfronts: Day three
Digital Content Newfronts blog: Day two update
NFL Draft: As online gains, cable drains
CBS inches to a season win over NBC
Tell us, what’s the state of magazines right now?
Hidden history: Infiltrating secret societies
Cable overnights: NBA playoffs surge on TNT
Tampa is becoming a one-newspaper town
Yet another round of job cuts at Boston Globe
NFL Draft scores another touchdown on Twitter
New Fox drama ‘Houdini’ pulls a disappearing act
For Univision, a new way to measure ratings
What to watch for at the Newfronts: Day two
- Daniel Tibbets becomes president and GM at El Rey
- Adam Wiener rises to EVP and GM at CBS Local Digital
- Kim Armenta becomes publisher at Vegas magazine
- Alanna Gombert rises to GM at IAB Technology Lab
- Catrice Monson rises to SVP of diversity at CBS Corp.
- John Hoeft becomes general manager at Tru Measure
- Oprah Winfrey starring in HBO's 'Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks'
- Jimmy Kimmel guest co-hosting with Kelly Ripa on 'Live!'
- Former NATPE president John von Soosten dies at age 71
This week’s top-rated movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Assistant media buyer job in Fort Worth
Needed in Louisville: In-house media buyer
Memphis agency seeks a media planner
Needed: Globally conscious sales/marketing rep
San Diego opening for a digital marketing account manager