Hackers target NY Times web site
May 20, 2013
The New York Times web site has come under attack for the second time in the past six months.
Last week unknown hackers targeted the newspaper in a denial-of-service attack that made the web site unavailable to what a newspaper spokesperson termed a “small number of users.”
The company was uncertain who was behind the attacks, which also slowed down the site’s load times and limited access to some articles.
It came after Chinese hackers attacked the site late last year, just as the paper was publishing David Barboza’s story on Chinese prime minister Wen Jiabao and his family’s great accumulation of wealth.
Those hackers also targeted The Wall Street Journal and Washington Post.
In recent weeks several media organizations have had their Twitter accounts compromised by hackers, including The Associated Press, E! News and CBS’s “48 Hours” and “60 Minutes.”
NBC and ABC fall against sports
Programming blog: Latest pickups and cancellations
TV ad clutter is worse than ever
Ranking the new shows, top to bottom
‘Crazy Ex-Girlfriend,’ surprisingly good
Rachel, I hear promise after promise
Tell us what you want from OOH ratings
Weekend TV: The zombies return
Cable overnights: Another MLB record
Fusion lays off 30 two years after launch
Even with decline, ‘Empire’ dominates
Cute: Halloween fun on Realtor.com
Survey: Morale is low at agencies
- David Kolbusz becomes CCO at Droga5 London
- Andrew Dauska becomes managing director at TBWA\Chiat\Day
- Lisa Zakarin becomes managing director at Publicis Hawkeye
- Kevin Dolak, Seung Lee and Helen Russell join Newsweek
- Karen DeFriez becomes affiliate sales manager at Westwood One
- Dick Costolo joins HBO's 'Silicon Valley' as a consultant
- Lou Diamond Phillips guesting on NBC's 'Blindspot'
- Melanie Liburd joins HBO's 'Game of Thrones'
- 'Sopranos' actor Frank Albanese dies at age 84
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Digital media planner opening in Seattle
Paid social media planner wanted in McLean, Virginia
Assistant OOH strategist position in New York
Media planner wanted in Philadelphia
Media buyer coordinator opening in New Haven