Hackers target NY Times web site
May 20, 2013
The New York Times web site has come under attack for the second time in the past six months.
Last week unknown hackers targeted the newspaper in a denial-of-service attack that made the web site unavailable to what a newspaper spokesperson termed a “small number of users.”
The company was uncertain who was behind the attacks, which also slowed down the site’s load times and limited access to some articles.
It came after Chinese hackers attacked the site late last year, just as the paper was publishing David Barboza’s story on Chinese prime minister Wen Jiabao and his family’s great accumulation of wealth.
Those hackers also targeted The Wall Street Journal and Washington Post.
In recent weeks several media organizations have had their Twitter accounts compromised by hackers, including The Associated Press, E! News and CBS’s “48 Hours” and “60 Minutes.”
‘Bones’ stars sue Fox over profits
Patriots’ first loss a big win on Twitter
Solid numbers for ‘Superstore’ preview
Cyber Monday: What worked and what didn’t
Study: Brand loyalty key on Black Friday
Note to readers: We were hacked
Coming at you, the midseason premieres
Where mobile is failing: Big data
‘Wow, that’s a lotta Christmas trees!’
The big story: Reinventing newspapers
Programming blog: Latest pickups and cancellations
What’s the future for men’s magazines?
Getting closer to an AIDS cure, perhaps
- Christine Moore becomes global COO at Kinetic Worldwide
- Christy Kranik and Gabriel Garcia rise at LatinWorks
- Aaron Richard and T.J. Tshionyi join Eleven
- Jeff Shultz becomes SVP of business development at CBS Radio
- Laura Feinstein becomes head of social stories at Fusion
- Ellen Alperstein becomes senior editor at Palm Springs Life
- Andy Forssell becomes chief operating officer at Fullscreen
- Lee Adams becomes chief operating officer at Toon Goggles
- Keith Morrison hosting Investigation Discovery's 'Dateline on ID'
- TV actor Al Markim dies at age 88
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Senior media planner opening in Boston
Assistant media planner job in Torrance, Calif.
Digital media planner opening in Seattle
Paid social media planner wanted in McLean, Virginia
Assistant OOH strategist position in New York