Hackers target NY Times web site
May 20, 2013
The New York Times web site has come under attack for the second time in the past six months.
Last week unknown hackers targeted the newspaper in a denial-of-service attack that made the web site unavailable to what a newspaper spokesperson termed a “small number of users.”
The company was uncertain who was behind the attacks, which also slowed down the site’s load times and limited access to some articles.
It came after Chinese hackers attacked the site late last year, just as the paper was publishing David Barboza’s story on Chinese prime minister Wen Jiabao and his family’s great accumulation of wealth.
Those hackers also targeted The Wall Street Journal and Washington Post.
In recent weeks several media organizations have had their Twitter accounts compromised by hackers, including The Associated Press, E! News and CBS’s “48 Hours” and “60 Minutes.”
Huge surge for Sweet Sixteen games
Latest forecast for the upfront: Not good
Jon Swallen on the media economy
‘The Dovekeepers,’ a long four hours
Rachel, the interview did not go well
Tell us, what’s the state of late-night TV?
Best bets on TV this weekend 3.27.15
Cable overnights: ‘Catfish’ hooks a win
Social’s share of display ads is on the rise
Apple eyes a foray into streaming music
Alas, it’s farewell to ‘Downton Abbey’
A lackluster return for ‘American Idol’
Programming blog: Latest pickups and cancellations
- Kristi DesJarlais becomes SVP and GM at Saxum
- Jason Wyrick rises to VP of digital platforms at Starz
- Brad Dunn becomes chief digital officer at Athlon Media Group/Parade
- Jazmine Hughes becomes associate digital editor at NY Times Magazine
- Steele Marcoux becomes editor at Coastal Living
- Erantzeri Corona becomes VP of marketing at MoviePass
- Zendaya hosting the Radio Disney Music Awards
- Rex Linn joins the cast of ABC's 'Nashville'
- Chris McDonald replaces James Caan in Fox's 'Fantasy Life'
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Media planner/buyer position in Columbia, SC
Media planner/buyer job in Summit, NJ
Job opening: Next president of TAB
Digital media buyer job in Salt Lake City
TV media buyer wanted in New York