Hackers target NY Times web site
May 20, 2013
The New York Times web site has come under attack for the second time in the past six months.
Last week unknown hackers targeted the newspaper in a denial-of-service attack that made the web site unavailable to what a newspaper spokesperson termed a “small number of users.”
The company was uncertain who was behind the attacks, which also slowed down the site’s load times and limited access to some articles.
It came after Chinese hackers attacked the site late last year, just as the paper was publishing David Barboza’s story on Chinese prime minister Wen Jiabao and his family’s great accumulation of wealth.
Those hackers also targeted The Wall Street Journal and Washington Post.
In recent weeks several media organizations have had their Twitter accounts compromised by hackers, including The Associated Press, E! News and CBS’s “48 Hours” and “60 Minutes.”
‘Saving My Tomorrow,’ save a half hour
Programming blog: Latest pickups and cancellations
Suddenly, TV spending looks stronger
The new normal: Multiscreen viewing
New York Times wins three Pulitzers
‘The Prancing Elites Project,’ lotsa heart
So, what network will win May sweeps?
The season’s biggest trend: Diversity
Behind ‘Sabado Gigante’s’ cancellation
In Norway, the end of FM radio
HBO to bar: No ‘Thrones’ viewing parties
‘New Girl’ doubles rating with DVR viewing
Country music awards top Sunday
- Kevin Foreman becomes digital creative director at Moroch Partners
- Joyce Jenereaux rises to publisher at The Detroit Free Press
- David Chivers becomes president and publisher at The Des Moines Register
- Matt Ericson rises to associate editor at The New York Times
- Scott Hopeck rises to New York market president at iHeartMedia
- Nada Stirratt becomes CEO at Verve Mobile
- ESPN EVP of sales and marketing Sean Bratches exiting
- Susan Kesser becomes VP of media relations at FX
- Pete Rose becomes a guest studio analyst at Fox Sports
- Dominic Cooper joins the cast of AMC's 'Preacher'
- Sterling K. Brown joins FX's 'American Crime Story'
- Longtime CBS Radio personality Scott Mason dies
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
Assistant media planner wanted in San Francisco
Media planner position open in Charlotte
Media planner and content manager opportunity
Agency sales opening in Mt. Pleasant, SC
Freelance senior media planner job in Seattle