Hackers target NY Times web site
May 20, 2013
The New York Times web site has come under attack for the second time in the past six months.
Last week unknown hackers targeted the newspaper in a denial-of-service attack that made the web site unavailable to what a newspaper spokesperson termed a “small number of users.”
The company was uncertain who was behind the attacks, which also slowed down the site’s load times and limited access to some articles.
It came after Chinese hackers attacked the site late last year, just as the paper was publishing David Barboza’s story on Chinese prime minister Wen Jiabao and his family’s great accumulation of wealth.
Those hackers also targeted The Wall Street Journal and Washington Post.
In recent weeks several media organizations have had their Twitter accounts compromised by hackers, including The Associated Press, E! News and CBS’s “48 Hours” and “60 Minutes.”
Big audience for ‘Bonnie,’ but no record
For a month only, SpongeBob MailPants
Football lifts Fox’s animated lineup
Ad spending in 2014: Still a slow go
The word: Mansueto eyeing Forbes
Friday overnights: NBC continues win streak
For newspapers, the hard task of change
Here they come: The 2014 ad spending forecasts
Saturday overnights: Fox scores with Big Ten
‘GMA’ posts best November ever
ABC cuts order for hot drama ‘Scandal’
‘The Great Christmas Light Fight,’ fun
Real-time buying: Media’s next revolution
- John Pucci rises to chief creative officer at Hawthorne Direct
- Bass Phillips rises to executive creative director at nFusion
- Gayle Allen becomes VP of marketing solutions at ReelzChannel
- Blair Johnson rises to digital EVP at Cygnus Business Media
- Christina Bellantoni becomes editor in chief at Roll Call
- Darcy Antonellis becomes CEO at Vubiquity
- New Yorker editor David Remnick joins NBC's Olympics coverage
- Regina King joins FX's drama 'The Strain'
- Sarah Palin hosting Sportsman Channel's 'Amazing America'
- Former Napster COO Milton Olin Jr. dies at age 65
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Programmatic media director in Chicago
Senior media planner position in Calgaray
Senior media planner in Midtown Manhattan
Media operations coordinator job in New York
Media planner opening in Brooklyn