Hackers target NY Times web site
May 20, 2013
The New York Times web site has come under attack for the second time in the past six months.
Last week unknown hackers targeted the newspaper in a denial-of-service attack that made the web site unavailable to what a newspaper spokesperson termed a “small number of users.”
The company was uncertain who was behind the attacks, which also slowed down the site’s load times and limited access to some articles.
It came after Chinese hackers attacked the site late last year, just as the paper was publishing David Barboza’s story on Chinese prime minister Wen Jiabao and his family’s great accumulation of wealth.
Those hackers also targeted The Wall Street Journal and Washington Post.
In recent weeks several media organizations have had their Twitter accounts compromised by hackers, including The Associated Press, E! News and CBS’s “48 Hours” and “60 Minutes.”
Cable overnights: ‘Home Alone’ tops the night
And now, the latest premium video site
Hackers win: Sony yanks ‘The Interview’
Univision scores with Liga MX final
‘The Voice’ exits on a two-month high
Coke’s ‘American Idol’ sponsorship fizzes out
An up and down year for broadcast
The buzziest new cable shows of 2015
Complete list of midseason premieres
‘All Hail King Julien,’ just for the kiddies
A shorter tune for ‘The Sing Off’
Cable overnights: ‘Newsroom’ finale surges
Now you can watch NBC live on the internet
- Alison Clark and Joel Stacy join mono
- Amanda Clelland becomes creative director at Barton F. Graf
- Bradley Siegel becomes president at TV One
- Scott Barton, Amy Kline and Eric Neal rise at Starz
- Chris Regina rises to SVP of program strategy at Syfy
- Tom Patricia becomes SVP at Sonar Entertainment
- Jordan Ryder rises to VP of programming at NATPE
- Ilja Goossens becomes director of market development at Tune
- Terry Crews hosting Fox's 'World's Funniest Fails'
- Wells Rich Green co-founder Dick Rich dies at age 84
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
Media buyer opening in Memphis
Media planner/buyer wanted in Boston
Needed: Digital media coordinator in Roswell, Ga.
Media buyer/digital strategist job in Cedar Falls, Iowa
Broadcast media buyer wanted in Denver