Glenn Beck becomes $100 million man
June 11, 2012
Glenn Beck is getting a hefty raise.
The conservative talk show host's company, Mercury Radio Arts, has signed a new deal with Premiere Networks that will keep "The Glenn Beck Program" on the air for at least five more years.
The New York Times says the new deal is worth $100 million, which means Beck will double his salary; his previous deal, signed in 2007, was worth $50 million over five years.
Beck, who left Fox News Channel last year, ranks third in news-talk radio listenership, behind fellow conservatives Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity.
As a part of the deal Premiere Networks will also help sell advertising for Beck's web sites, including his online TV venture GBTV. Beck's radio show currently airs on more than 400 stations nationwide.
ABC wins first night of November sweeps
Game 7 smacks a home run for Fox
A buyer’s primer on out of home measurement
‘Olive Kitteridge,’ fine tale brilliantly told
Rachel, talk to me about networking
The new frontier: Digital out of home
Best tube bets this weekend
So, who will win the November sweeps?
The complete TV schedule for election night
‘Sleepy Hollow’ scares up some buzz with Lyft
NBC Universal renews Meredith Vieira’s show
Native advertising gives NY Times a lift
NBC keeps on riding the Breeder’s Cup
- Jessie McGuire becomes U.S. strategy director at Elmwood
- Greg McAlinden becomes creative director at ODD
- Nick Ascheim rises and Shaun Hekking joins at BBC Worldwide
- Jonathan Hills becomes VP of digital media at Bravo Media
- Debbie Reichig becomes SVP of sales research at Twentieth TV
- Isaac Payam Ahdout becomes SVP of engineering at Tapad
- Fred Melamed joins Showtime's 'House of Lies'
- Lily Rabe appearing on FX's 'American Horror Story'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' cast guesting on TBS's 'Conan'
- Joel McHale remaining host of E!’s ‘The Soup’
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Media buyer wanted in Las Vegas
Junior media buyer opening in Venice, California
Media freelancer available for all markets
Media buyer job in Syracuse
Assistant media planner/buyer wanted in Austin