Glenn Beck becomes $100 million man
June 11, 2012
Glenn Beck is getting a hefty raise.
The conservative talk show host's company, Mercury Radio Arts, has signed a new deal with Premiere Networks that will keep "The Glenn Beck Program" on the air for at least five more years.
The New York Times says the new deal is worth $100 million, which means Beck will double his salary; his previous deal, signed in 2007, was worth $50 million over five years.
Beck, who left Fox News Channel last year, ranks third in news-talk radio listenership, behind fellow conservatives Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity.
As a part of the deal Premiere Networks will also help sell advertising for Beck's web sites, including his online TV venture GBTV. Beck's radio show currently airs on more than 400 stations nationwide.
For Fox, some rougher times ahead
Jon Swallen on changes in the media economy
‘Welcome to Central Perk, 20 years later’
Tell us, which new fall TV shows will survive?
For buff dating, some boffo ratings
Cable overnights: ‘Sons of Anarchy’ stays No. 1
Study: TV still dominates video time
There she is (on Twitter), Miss America
Networks to media: DVRs are really, really important
Big jump for penultimate ‘America’s Got Talent’
A bit of advertiser backlash for the NFL
Limp second quarter for ad spending
NBC locks up another summer victory
- Guy Vidra becomes CEO at The New Republic
- Tim O’Connor becomes corporate sales managing director at Meredith
- Molly Battles becomes men's group PR manager at Bonnier
- Caleb Weinstein becomes EVP of affiliate distribution at Fox International
- Donny Hudson becomes EVP of sales at America CV
- Jodi Lipe becomes SVP of marketing at Ovation
- Ari Osur becomes VP of product marketing at Simulmedia
- Patrick Jager becomes EVP and CEO at Everwise/Banner Media
- Bill Hader hosting NBC's 'Saturday Night Live'
- Mark Feuerstein joins Showtime's 'Nurse Jackie'
- Gloria Steinem guesting on CBS's 'The Good Wife'
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Job for media buyer/planner with DC PR agency
Programmatic media buyer job in York, Pennsylvania
Media buyer opening in Las Vegas
Immediate opening for a media buyer/planner
Opening for a chief experiential officer