Glenn Beck becomes $100 million man
June 11, 2012
Glenn Beck is getting a hefty raise.
The conservative talk show host's company, Mercury Radio Arts, has signed a new deal with Premiere Networks that will keep "The Glenn Beck Program" on the air for at least five more years.
The New York Times says the new deal is worth $100 million, which means Beck will double his salary; his previous deal, signed in 2007, was worth $50 million over five years.
Beck, who left Fox News Channel last year, ranks third in news-talk radio listenership, behind fellow conservatives Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity.
As a part of the deal Premiere Networks will also help sell advertising for Beck's web sites, including his online TV venture GBTV. Beck's radio show currently airs on more than 400 stations nationwide.
New from Kantar, a programmatic buying tool
ABC slips ahead of NBC in nightly news
Behind the coming changes in the upfront
Poor MTV: Hot on Twitter, less so on TV
‘Real History of Science Fiction,’ fun
Tell us, what’s your forecast for the upfront?
Pucker up: It’s NHL playoff time
CBS on Chelsea Handler: Not gonna happen
Yet another big social network acquisition
Starting today, a new paper for LA
Big events spark huge Twitter buzz
ABC’s ‘Resurrection’ rises with DVR viewing
CBS’s Monday night takes a hit without ‘Mother’
- Paul Longo becomes managing director at Accordant Media
- Kristy Kneiding becomes public relations manager at Cord Media
- Marc d'Avignon and Jay Berry become ECDs at Translation
- Courteney Monroe rises to CEO at National Geographic Channels
- Rita Mullin rises to general manager at Science Channel
- Alan Chartrand becomes Boston market president at Clear Channel
- John Wattiker rises to international fashion manager at Esquire
- Raj Choudhury becomes chief executive at BLiNQ Media
- Jason Shulman becomes SVP of sales at Vdopia
- ABC Entertainment president Paul Lee signs new deal
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
Online media buyer position in Provo, Utah
Digital media planner/buyer job in Minneapolis
Senior media planner job in Dallas/Fort Worth
Media buyer/planner wanted in Scottsdale, Ariz.
Assistant media planner/buyer wanted in Cleveland