Glenn Beck becomes $100 million man
June 11, 2012
Glenn Beck is getting a hefty raise.
The conservative talk show host's company, Mercury Radio Arts, has signed a new deal with Premiere Networks that will keep "The Glenn Beck Program" on the air for at least five more years.
The New York Times says the new deal is worth $100 million, which means Beck will double his salary; his previous deal, signed in 2007, was worth $50 million over five years.
Beck, who left Fox News Channel last year, ranks third in news-talk radio listenership, behind fellow conservatives Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity.
As a part of the deal Premiere Networks will also help sell advertising for Beck's web sites, including his online TV venture GBTV. Beck's radio show currently airs on more than 400 stations nationwide.
‘Dome’ rebounds from series low
The internet of things, demystified
Radio ad $ in first half: Flat to last year
Programming blog: Latest pickups and cancellations
A local TV station, a national tragedy
New Orleans: Looking back at Katrina
‘Narcos,’ ripping tale of the drug wars
Tell us your thoughts on Hispanic media
Boost your media IQ. Sign up here.
Weekend TV: Jammin’ with Miley Cyrus
Survey: Social media ad spending will rise
Cable overnights: Another big night for FNC
The new YouTube Gaming at a glance
- Kyla Jacobs rises to global business development director at TBWA
- Rob FitzGerald becomes U.S. president at We Are Social
- Mandy Graham joins and Maria Smith rises at M&C Saatchi
- David Duncan becomes chief strategy officer at BBDO Minneapolis
- Zan Goodman becomes design director at Chandelier
- Patty Hirsch becomes digital GM for sports at Time Inc.
- Bob Gold becomes SVP of distribution at Poker Central
- Alison Fitzgerald becomes health policy correspondent at NPR
- Baratunde Thurston becomes supervising producer at 'The Daily Show'
- Jim Belushi joins the cast of Fox's pilot "Urban Cowboy'
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Interactive media buyer job in Cedar Falls, Iowa
Junior media planner wanted in Austin
Assistant media planner job in Atlanta
Local marketing specialist wanted in Greensboro
Part-time media buyer job in Lake Bluff, Illinois