Glenn Beck becomes $100 million man
June 11, 2012
Glenn Beck is getting a hefty raise.
The conservative talk show host's company, Mercury Radio Arts, has signed a new deal with Premiere Networks that will keep "The Glenn Beck Program" on the air for at least five more years.
The New York Times says the new deal is worth $100 million, which means Beck will double his salary; his previous deal, signed in 2007, was worth $50 million over five years.
Beck, who left Fox News Channel last year, ranks third in news-talk radio listenership, behind fellow conservatives Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity.
As a part of the deal Premiere Networks will also help sell advertising for Beck's web sites, including his online TV venture GBTV. Beck's radio show currently airs on more than 400 stations nationwide.
Don’t miss this: The new face of radio
Cable overnights: Promising start for Bee
Sorry, ad blockers, Wired isn’t having it
Fox just edges rising ABC on Monday
‘X-Files’ premiere soars among DVR viewers
Republican debate tops Democrats on Twitter
Programming blog: What’s canceled and renewed
Smaller crowd for this year’s Super Bowl
Readers: Super Bowl ads were pretty ho-hum
Big Super Bowl ad trend: Humor, again
Rising stink over Peyton Manning’s beer quips
Big question: Can ‘The Muppets’ be saved?
Super Bowl commercials get a big lift online
- Mark Andeer becomes CMO at The Escape Pod
- Debbie Myszynski becomes group account director at Frequency540
- Charles Chung becomes executive production director R/GA
- Chris McCumber rises to entertainment president at NBCU Cable
- Nina Lederman becomes EVP of scripted at All3Media America
- Josh Feldman becomes EVP of partnerships at NBCUniversal
- Michael McCarthy becomes reporter and producer at Sporting News
- Anthony Anderson guesting on Disney's 'Doc McStuffins'
- Adan Canto joins the cast of ABC's 'Designated Survivor'
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Digital content manager opening in Atlanta
Senior media planner wanted in Des Moines
Media planner/buyer position in Cincinnati
Looking for a media strategist in Cincinnati
Opening for a marketing communications manager