Glenn Beck becomes $100 million man
June 11, 2012
Glenn Beck is getting a hefty raise.
The conservative talk show host's company, Mercury Radio Arts, has signed a new deal with Premiere Networks that will keep "The Glenn Beck Program" on the air for at least five more years.
The New York Times says the new deal is worth $100 million, which means Beck will double his salary; his previous deal, signed in 2007, was worth $50 million over five years.
Beck, who left Fox News Channel last year, ranks third in news-talk radio listenership, behind fellow conservatives Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity.
As a part of the deal Premiere Networks will also help sell advertising for Beck's web sites, including his online TV venture GBTV. Beck's radio show currently airs on more than 400 stations nationwide.
NBC makes over Thursday, yet again
Solid start for ABC’s ‘American Crime’
Big shakeup at NBC News, as expected
February sweep’s winners and losers
Whoa: The Hispanic population will double
Nearly everyone’s got a smartphone
‘The Returned,’ just why is the question
Tell us, what’s the mood at your agency?
Best tube bets this weekend 3.6.15
President and CEO fizzle out at TheBlaze
Pew: Race influences local news consumption
More changes at the top at Viacom
Hefty fine for a misleading Snuggie ads
- Tim Libby becomes SVP and digital director at Starcom USA
- Cedric Devitt becomes chief creative officer at Big Spaceship
- Tony Zito rises to CEO at Rakuten Marketing
- Nick Maine, Sam Thompson and Ashraf Mohammad join Digital Pulp
- Scott Bailey becomes automotive president at TEN
- Bill Brink rises to media editor at The New York Times
- Cara Rubinsky rises to associate Europe editor at The AP
- John Strong and Alexi Lalas leading FS1's MLS coverage
- Three join the cast of AMC's 'The Night Manager'
- Griffin Gluck joins NBC comedy pilot 'Cuckoo'
- Martha Stewart among Justin Bieber roasters
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Remote media buyer available for all markets
Offline media buyer job in San Francisco
Spot media buyer wanted in Greenville, S.C.
Communications strategist/media planner in Chicago
Digital campaign and analytics manager