Glenn Beck becomes $100 million man
June 11, 2012
Glenn Beck is getting a hefty raise.
The conservative talk show host's company, Mercury Radio Arts, has signed a new deal with Premiere Networks that will keep "The Glenn Beck Program" on the air for at least five more years.
The New York Times says the new deal is worth $100 million, which means Beck will double his salary; his previous deal, signed in 2007, was worth $50 million over five years.
Beck, who left Fox News Channel last year, ranks third in news-talk radio listenership, behind fellow conservatives Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity.
As a part of the deal Premiere Networks will also help sell advertising for Beck's web sites, including his online TV venture GBTV. Beck's radio show currently airs on more than 400 stations nationwide.
CBS takes Thursday night with ‘Big Bang Theory’
Puzzling out Carlos Slim’s bold U.S. ambitions
New York leads the Ellie nominations, once again
CBS’s ‘Hunted’: Little hope of sustaining its big bow
Best of the week: On the origins of fake news
In this digital age, the allure of alternative OOH
Digital radio: A primer for media planners and buyers
Weekend TV: ‘Beaches’ for a new generation
Cable overnights: Good start for ‘Six’ on History
Warriors-Cavs sets three-year high on TNT
The rundown on media coverage of the inauguration
New sitcom ‘Speechless’ tops a slow Wednesday
TV programming blog: All the cancellations and renewals
- Michael Lieberman becomes CSO at Kinetic Worldwide
- Ryan Haskins becomes director of media at Figliulo&Partners
- Deborah Furey becomes SVP of strategy at Wunderman Health
- Martin McDonald becomes VP of strategic sales at V Digital Services
- Bob Johns becomes chief revenue officer at Big Outdoor
- Chris Brooks rises to EVP of distribution at CW
- Salil Mehta becomes president at FoxNext
- David Perpich becomes president and GM at The Wirecutter
- Jessica Sebor and Aaron Hersh rise at Competitor Group
- Jeff Hackett joins and Mike Owen rises at AdColony
- James Frain joins CBS All Access' 'Star Trek: Discovery'
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top-rated movies, songs and books
This month’s digital traffic data: November 2016
This week’s daypart ratings
Opening for a media planner at a top OOH agency
Orlando agency looking for a media planner/buyer
Freelance media planner/buyer available
Junior media planner/buyer position in Minneapolis-St. Paul
Media sales coordinator opening in New York