Glenn Beck becomes $100 million man
June 11, 2012
Glenn Beck is getting a hefty raise.
The conservative talk show host's company, Mercury Radio Arts, has signed a new deal with Premiere Networks that will keep "The Glenn Beck Program" on the air for at least five more years.
The New York Times says the new deal is worth $100 million, which means Beck will double his salary; his previous deal, signed in 2007, was worth $50 million over five years.
Beck, who left Fox News Channel last year, ranks third in news-talk radio listenership, behind fellow conservatives Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity.
As a part of the deal Premiere Networks will also help sell advertising for Beck's web sites, including his online TV venture GBTV. Beck's radio show currently airs on more than 400 stations nationwide.
‘Extant’ returns to a series low
Facebook monetizing booming videos
Record crowd turns out for semifinal win
What’s ailng the U. S. media economy
Dallas: TV builds on furniture spending
Wack job: A Donald Trump rantalogue
‘Hollywood Cycle,’ peddling to nowhere
Weekend TV: Women play for title
Cable overnights: ‘Haves’ hits a high
‘Avenida Brasil’ helps boost Telemundo
Microsoft eases out of display advertising
TV Land yanks ‘Dukes of Hazzard’
Okay start for new drama ‘Zoo’
- Chris Garbutt becomes global creative president at TBWA
- Steve Jun becomes CEO at INNOCEAN Worldwide Americas
- Jon Ruppel becomes creative director at Team One
- Karen Kaufman becomes managing partner at Gain Theory
- Clay Fisher becomes SVP of consumer marketing at The NY Times
- Merope Mills and Paul Lewis rise at Guardian U.S.
- Kurt Hoy becomes content strategy director at Bonnier Motorcycle Group
- Mike Zaneis becomes president and CEO at Trustworthy Accountability Group
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Part-time media buyer job in Lake Bluff, Illinois
Media buyer/planner wanted in Louisville
Assistant media planner opening in Atlanta
Media planner position in Minneapolis
Media buyer position in Sacramento