A ‘Full House’ revival? It could happen.
August 26, 2014
First “Boy Meets World,” now “Full House.”
Yes, it looks as though another staple of ABC’s TGIF lineup could be coming back to television.
Warner Bros. TV, which produced “House,” is working with series star John Stamos, executive producer Bob Boyett and series creator Jeff Franklin to revive the program in some format, as first reported by TV Guide.
The details are hazy, but Stamos has said before that he’d love to bring back the show, about three girls being raised by their widowed dad, his best friend and their uncle, with some sort of plot twist.
So far no network has committed to an order, but other original cast members, including Bob Saget and Dave Coulier, are said to be involved.
Saget, Coulier and Stamos famously appeared in an Oikos yogurt commercial during this year’s Super Bowl.
Meanwhile, in other programming, Netflix didn’t need long to make up its mind about “BoJack Horseman,” an animated spoof voiced by Will Arnett.
The series debuted on the streaming service on Friday. On Tuesday, Netflix gave the program a 12-episode second-season order.
AFC Championship brings in Hispanic viewers
‘Quantico’ gets a lift in its new Monday slot
This year, a more diverse group of Oscar nominees
NFL playoff games dominate on social media
In age of cord cutting, these cable networks are growing
Voice-first devices: Not quite delivering on the hype
More layoffs at Bergen Record and other Jersey papers
Puzzling out Carlos Slim’s bold U.S. ambitions
Mixed results for the AFC and NFC title games
Coming at you: Media Life’s digital radio series
For PBS, a timely look at the environmental movement
CBS finds its Emmy host: Stephen Colbert
NBC’s ‘The Blacklist’ soars with DVR playback
- Haydn Townsend becomes group CEO at Wunderman
- Samantha DiPippo becomes VP of development at Crown Media
- Lindsay Nelson rises to CMO at Vox Media
- Lea Goldman and Tiffanie Darke become editors in chief at A+E Networks
- Nigel Farage becomes a contributor at Fox News Channel
- Alec Baldwin hosting NBC's 'Saturday Night Live'
- Ray Diaz joins the cast of TV Land's 'Lopez'
- Malcolm-Jamal Warner joins ABC's 'Ten Days in the Valley'
- 'Entertainment Tonight' producer Bonnie Tiegel dies
- Former Village Voice columnist Wayne Barrett dies at 71
- Former journalist William A. Hilliard dies at age 89
This week’s top-rated movies, songs and books
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s digital traffic data: November 2016
This week’s daypart ratings
Opening for a media planner at a top OOH agency
Orlando agency looking for a media planner/buyer
Freelance media planner/buyer available
Junior media planner/buyer position in Minneapolis-St. Paul
Media sales coordinator opening in New York