A ‘Full House’ revival? It could happen.
August 26, 2014
First “Boy Meets World,” now “Full House.”
Yes, it looks as though another staple of ABC’s TGIF lineup could be coming back to television.
Warner Bros. TV, which produced “House,” is working with series star John Stamos, executive producer Bob Boyett and series creator Jeff Franklin to revive the program in some format, as first reported by TV Guide.
The details are hazy, but Stamos has said before that he’d love to bring back the show, about three girls being raised by their widowed dad, his best friend and their uncle, with some sort of plot twist.
So far no network has committed to an order, but other original cast members, including Bob Saget and Dave Coulier, are said to be involved.
Saget, Coulier and Stamos famously appeared in an Oikos yogurt commercial during this year’s Super Bowl.
Meanwhile, in other programming, Netflix didn’t need long to make up its mind about “BoJack Horseman,” an animated spoof voiced by Will Arnett.
The series debuted on the streaming service on Friday. On Tuesday, Netflix gave the program a 12-episode second-season order.
‘Idol’ fuels Fox past CBS on Thursday
Readers: Expect a record Super Bowl, again
Our rising national obsession with sports
The high cost of ads for the Super Bowl ads
How football stacks up among Hispanics
Rachel, need I go back to school for media?
Weekend TV: The Super Bowl edition
Cable overnights: Another Warriors victory
So-so turnout for ‘Madoff’ miniseries
Sumner Redstone steps down at Viacom, too
Programming blog: What’s canceled and renewed
Denver: Bonkers for Broncs’ big game
What’s hot and not for Super Bowl ads
- Ed Castillo becomes global chief strategy officer at Arnold
- Juan Cruz Vassallo becomes associate creative director at the community
- Robert Cappuccino becomes VP of national sales at Foundations Marketing
- Simon White becomes chief strategy officer at FCB West
- Lynn Eastep becomes president at Fathom
- James Bennet becomes president at ASME
- Andrew Edwards becomes director of digital intelligence at Cardinal Path
- Marc Ferrentino becomes EVP of strategy at Yext
- Matt LeBlanc becomes co-host on BBC's 'Top Gear'
- Isabella Rossellini joins the cast of Hulu's 'Shut Eye'
- Seal joins the cast of Fox’s ‘The Passion’
- Dan Stevens, Aubrey Plaza and Jean Smart join FX’s ‘Legion’
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Digital content manager opening in Atlanta
Senior media planner wanted in Des Moines
Media planner/buyer position in Cincinnati
Looking for a media strategist in Cincinnati
Opening for a marketing communications manager