A ‘Full House’ revival? It could happen.
August 26, 2014
First “Boy Meets World,” now “Full House.”
Yes, it looks as though another staple of ABC’s TGIF lineup could be coming back to television.
Warner Bros. TV, which produced “House,” is working with series star John Stamos, executive producer Bob Boyett and series creator Jeff Franklin to revive the program in some format, as first reported by TV Guide.
The details are hazy, but Stamos has said before that he’d love to bring back the show, about three girls being raised by their widowed dad, his best friend and their uncle, with some sort of plot twist.
So far no network has committed to an order, but other original cast members, including Bob Saget and Dave Coulier, are said to be involved.
Saget, Coulier and Stamos famously appeared in an Oikos yogurt commercial during this year’s Super Bowl.
Meanwhile, in other programming, Netflix didn’t need long to make up its mind about “BoJack Horseman,” an animated spoof voiced by Will Arnett.
The series debuted on the streaming service on Friday. On Tuesday, Netflix gave the program a 12-episode second-season order.
A much better midseason for Fox
For Bill O’Reilly, steady through it all
Real identity of naked Buckingham guy
‘Dig,’ off we go to Armageddon, again
Tell us your thoughts on Hispanic media
When is a spinoff one too many?
Media buyers to Nielsen: Changes, please
Spike upfront: We’re gender-neutral now
Cable overnights: ‘Saul’ slides again
The word: Shakeup coming at NBC News
Tweet Yo Self: ‘Parks’ finale scores on Twitter
A decline for Fox’s ‘The Following’
This week’s cable ratings
- Zenaida Torres becomes group account director at Lowe Campbell Ewald
- Christine Perez-O'Rourke becomes PR manager at Big Spaceship
- Andrew Clurman rises to CEO at Active Interest Media
- Chris Rantamaki becomes SVP of production at Discovery
- Stephen Colvin becomes president and COO at Robb Report Digital
- Lucy Gilmour rises to photo director at The Wall Street Journal
- Josh London becomes CMO at IDG Communications
- Bill Gedwill becomes VP of business development at Kvantum
- Jeff Zeleny becomes senior Washington correspondent at CNN
- Dermot Mulroney joins Hallmark's 'Northpole: Open For Christmas'
- Jillian Michaels starring in Spike TV's 'Sweat Inc.'
- Hemmings Motor News founder Ernie Hemmings dies at 88
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Remote media buyer available for all markets
Offline media buyer job in San Francisco
Spot media buyer wanted in Greenville, S.C.
Communications strategist/media planner in Chicago
Digital campaign and analytics manager