A ‘Full House’ revival? It could happen.
August 26, 2014
First “Boy Meets World,” now “Full House.”
Yes, it looks as though another staple of ABC’s TGIF lineup could be coming back to television.
Warner Bros. TV, which produced “House,” is working with series star John Stamos, executive producer Bob Boyett and series creator Jeff Franklin to revive the program in some format, as first reported by TV Guide.
The details are hazy, but Stamos has said before that he’d love to bring back the show, about three girls being raised by their widowed dad, his best friend and their uncle, with some sort of plot twist.
So far no network has committed to an order, but other original cast members, including Bob Saget and Dave Coulier, are said to be involved.
Saget, Coulier and Stamos famously appeared in an Oikos yogurt commercial during this year’s Super Bowl.
Meanwhile, in other programming, Netflix didn’t need long to make up its mind about “BoJack Horseman,” an animated spoof voiced by Will Arnett.
The series debuted on the streaming service on Friday. On Tuesday, Netflix gave the program a 12-episode second-season order.
Wow: Millennials barely watch regular TV
Real loser in digital ads surge: TV
NBC dominates with ‘Talent’ special
More fallout from botched UVA rape story
Four hot trends in online advertising
Back to school guide: By the numbers
Free ice cream when temperatures soar
‘Significant Mother,’ notify next of kin
Tell us your thoughts on radio
TV’s odd infatuation with hoarders
Cable overnights: ‘Catch’ snags first
An old favorite returning to ‘GMA’?
Upfront update: ABC remains in stalemate
- Andrea Gustafson becomes design director at Havas Worldwide
- Tim Dingersen and Morgan Leykam join Reason2Be
- Danielle Maged becomes EVP of partnerships at Fox Networks
- Margaret de Streel rises to international editor at Wall Street Journal
- Arthur Gregg Sulzberger rises to associate editor at The NY Times
- Alex Berkett becomes SVP of corporate development at Viacom
- David O’Connell rises to EVP of production management at NBCU
- John Cook becomes acting executive editor at Gawker
- Vicky Ward and David Bouley join Town & Country
- Scott Nelson becomes head of Viber North America
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Assistant media planner job in Atlanta
Local marketing specialist wanted in Greensboro
Part-time media buyer job in Lake Bluff, Illinois
Media buyer/planner wanted in Louisville
Assistant media planner opening in Atlanta