From Telemundo, new geotargeting ads
October 1, 2012
Soon it will be a lot easier for an advertiser to aim its message at a very small swath of viewers, say English-speaking Hispanics in Brooklyn.
In a highly targeted effort being rolled out today, Telemundo Media is partnering with Comcast Spotlight on Telemundo+, a geotargeting platform that will allow advertisers to target across multiple platforms and in multiple languages, either Spanish, English or equal parts of both.
Comcast Spotlight’s Comcast Media 360 unit will work with Telemundo to identify high concentrations of U.S. Hispanic households.
Advertisers will utilize TV, online, video on demand and mobile media to get their messages out to those locales being targeted.
Telemundo and Comcast Media 360 will deploy customized studies to measure the impact of the media strategy, going beyond traditional metrics.
Toyota has signed on as a launch advertiser.
For more on the program, introduced today to coincide with the start of Advertising Week, visit http://www.telemundomedia.com.
Tags: ads, advertisers, advertising, advertising week, Comcast Media, comcast spotlight, geotargeting, households, media, spanish-language advertising, spanish-language tv, telemundo, telemundo media, today, viewers
Networks stay largely steady against World Series
Really big numbers for Game 1 of World Series
Where the real TV growth is: Down the dial
Rip-roaring week for cable, led by the zombies
Surprise: The hottest SVOD network is not Netflix
Media Life’s Digital Media Transparency Initiative
It’s here: Media Life’s new sports newsletter
Meet the crew who can save you on Mount Everest
Study: Agency morale falls off a cliff
On the horizon, layoffs at WSJ and Barron’s
‘Man With a Plan’ off to a decent start on CBS
Programming blog: What’s canceled and renewed
Here they are, this TV season’s biggest DVR gainers
- Jenine Vadillo and Jessica Robb join MeringCarson
- Whit Haskel rises to Fox Sports SVP of brand marketing
- Rosemary Winters joins KMGi as EVP of growth and business development
- Mahesh Samat heading up Walt Disney Company in India
- Juan Devis becomes chief creative officer at KCETLink Media Group
- Rachel Webber becomes EVP of digital product at National Geographic Partners
- Justin Warner hosting ‘ChefShock’ on Twitch livestreaming platform
- Leyla Santiago joins CNN as correspondent in Mexico City
- Pentatonix playing opener for NBC’s ‘Thursday Night Football’
- ‘Simpsons’ producer Kevin Curran dies at age 59
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top-rated movies, songs and books
This month’s digital traffic data: August 2016
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
Search and analytics manager job in Columbus
Stamford agency needs a mass media manager
Media traffic specialist position in Stamford
Wanted: Cross channel media reporting analyst
Media research analyst opening in Stamford