From Telemundo, new geotargeting ads
October 1, 2012
Soon it will be a lot easier for an advertiser to aim its message at a very small swath of viewers, say English-speaking Hispanics in Brooklyn.
In a highly targeted effort being rolled out today, Telemundo Media is partnering with Comcast Spotlight on Telemundo+, a geotargeting platform that will allow advertisers to target across multiple platforms and in multiple languages, either Spanish, English or equal parts of both.
Comcast Spotlight’s Comcast Media 360 unit will work with Telemundo to identify high concentrations of U.S. Hispanic households.
Advertisers will utilize TV, online, video on demand and mobile media to get their messages out to those locales being targeted.
Telemundo and Comcast Media 360 will deploy customized studies to measure the impact of the media strategy, going beyond traditional metrics.
Toyota has signed on as a launch advertiser.
For more on the program, introduced today to coincide with the start of Advertising Week, visit http://www.telemundomedia.com.
Tags: ads, advertisers, advertising, advertising week, Comcast Media, comcast spotlight, geotargeting, households, media, spanish-language advertising, spanish-language tv, telemundo, telemundo media, today, viewers
Remembering James Gandolfini (Tony)
NBA Finals heading for a huge finale
Strong finale for NBC’s ‘The Voice’
Game 3 sets a record for NBC Sports Network
CNN’s ‘New Day’ bows to ho-hum numbers
Conde boots Lucky editor Brandon Holley
Poll: Very few trust the U.S. news media
Remembering Michael Hastings, journalist
This won’t be a great year for broadcast
Readers: CBS is the network to beat
Daytime Emmys, down but not out
‘Naked and Afraid,’ true adventure
So, what’s your take on magazines these days?
- Brian Powley rises to global president at iCrossing
- Steven Berns becomes CFO at Tribune Co.
- Terry Moran becomes chief foreign correspondent at ABC News
- Ben Gerst becomes SVP of development at Fox Sports Digital
- Ryan O'Hara becomes president of content at MSG
- Nancy Cohen becomes SVP of ad sales at UP
- TV writer Lisa de Moraes joins Deadline Hollywood
- Alex Price rises to director of Southeast sales at MundoFox
- Sue Renaldo becomes director of operations at Talent Partners
- John Hurt joins FX drama pilot 'The Strain'
- Liv Tyler joins HBO's 'The Leftovers'
- Fox News contributor Tobin Smith exits
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Director of digital ad operations in New York
Digital media planner job in London
Digital media director in San Diego
Broadcast investment supervisor in Toronto
Freelance broadcast buyer available