From Telemundo, new geotargeting ads
October 1, 2012
Soon it will be a lot easier for an advertiser to aim its message at a very small swath of viewers, say English-speaking Hispanics in Brooklyn.
In a highly targeted effort being rolled out today, Telemundo Media is partnering with Comcast Spotlight on Telemundo+, a geotargeting platform that will allow advertisers to target across multiple platforms and in multiple languages, either Spanish, English or equal parts of both.
Comcast Spotlight’s Comcast Media 360 unit will work with Telemundo to identify high concentrations of U.S. Hispanic households.
Advertisers will utilize TV, online, video on demand and mobile media to get their messages out to those locales being targeted.
Telemundo and Comcast Media 360 will deploy customized studies to measure the impact of the media strategy, going beyond traditional metrics.
Toyota has signed on as a launch advertiser.
For more on the program, introduced today to coincide with the start of Advertising Week, visit http://www.telemundomedia.com.
Tags: ads, advertisers, advertising, advertising week, Comcast Media, comcast spotlight, geotargeting, households, media, spanish-language advertising, spanish-language tv, telemundo, telemundo media, today, viewers
Philly: Auto driving big TV dollars
Defining the big issues in digital video
A stunt that goes over the rainbow
‘Salem,’ this witches’ brew boils over
Tell us, what’s your forecast for the upfront?
Best tube bets this weekend
Tuesday cable overnights: Solid start for ‘Fargo’
NBCU: We’re ramping up digital content
‘Divorce Court’ up 24 percent this season
Pivot upfront: Four new shows on the way
ABC’s ‘S.H.I.E.L.D.’ grows in later timeslot
New from Kantar, a programmatic buying tool
ABC slips ahead of NBC in nightly news
- Sarah Amatuzio becomes VP and creative director at Alcone
- Tim Nolan becomes group creative director at Huge
- Jonathan Kim rises to digital engineering director at Media Kitchen
- Anand Kini rises to EVP of strategy at NBCUniversal
- Meaghan B. Murphy becomes executive editor at Good Housekeeping
- Mary Jeanne Cavanagh becomes EVP of ad sales at BabyFirst
- Steve McEvoy becomes VP of advertising sales at PageScience
- Howard Schneider becomes Federal Reserve reporter at Reuters
- Former 'The View' co-hosts returning to honor Barbara Walters
- Brad Paisley guesting on CBS's 'Two and a Half Men'
- MSNBC personality Lawrence O'Donnell injured in car accident
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
Media planner/buyer opening in Des Moines
Media planner/buyer opening in Austin
Online media buyer position in Provo, Utah
Digital media planner/buyer job in Minneapolis
Senior media planner job in Dallas/Fort Worth