From Telemundo, new geotargeting ads
October 1, 2012
Soon it will be a lot easier for an advertiser to aim its message at a very small swath of viewers, say English-speaking Hispanics in Brooklyn.
In a highly targeted effort being rolled out today, Telemundo Media is partnering with Comcast Spotlight on Telemundo+, a geotargeting platform that will allow advertisers to target across multiple platforms and in multiple languages, either Spanish, English or equal parts of both.
Comcast Spotlight’s Comcast Media 360 unit will work with Telemundo to identify high concentrations of U.S. Hispanic households.
Advertisers will utilize TV, online, video on demand and mobile media to get their messages out to those locales being targeted.
Telemundo and Comcast Media 360 will deploy customized studies to measure the impact of the media strategy, going beyond traditional metrics.
Toyota has signed on as a launch advertiser.
For more on the program, introduced today to coincide with the start of Advertising Week, visit http://www.telemundomedia.com.
Tags: ads, advertisers, advertising, advertising week, Comcast Media, comcast spotlight, geotargeting, households, media, spanish-language advertising, spanish-language tv, telemundo, telemundo media, today, viewers
Solid start for ABC’s ‘American Crime’
Big shakeup at NBC News, as expected
February sweep’s winners and losers
Whoa: The Hispanic population will double
Nearly everyone’s got a smartphone
‘The Returned,’ just why is the question
Tell us, what’s the mood at your agency?
Best tube bets this weekend 3.6.15
President and CEO fizzle out at TheBlaze
Pew: Race influences local news consumption
More changes at the top at Viacom
Hefty fine for a misleading Snuggie ads
Your selfie on a digital billboard, for a cause
- Tim Libby becomes SVP and digital director at Starcom USA
- Cedric Devitt becomes chief creative officer at Big Spaceship
- Tony Zito rises to CEO at Rakuten Marketing
- Nick Maine, Sam Thompson and Ashraf Mohammad join Digital Pulp
- Scott Bailey becomes automotive president at TEN
- Bill Brink rises to media editor at The New York Times
- Cara Rubinsky rises to associate Europe editor at The AP
- John Strong and Alexi Lalas leading FS1's MLS coverage
- Three join the cast of AMC's 'The Night Manager'
- Griffin Gluck joins NBC comedy pilot 'Cuckoo'
- Martha Stewart among Justin Bieber roasters
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Remote media buyer available for all markets
Offline media buyer job in San Francisco
Spot media buyer wanted in Greenville, S.C.
Communications strategist/media planner in Chicago
Digital campaign and analytics manager