From Telemundo, new geotargeting ads
October 1, 2012
Soon it will be a lot easier for an advertiser to aim its message at a very small swath of viewers, say English-speaking Hispanics in Brooklyn.
In a highly targeted effort being rolled out today, Telemundo Media is partnering with Comcast Spotlight on Telemundo+, a geotargeting platform that will allow advertisers to target across multiple platforms and in multiple languages, either Spanish, English or equal parts of both.
Comcast Spotlight’s Comcast Media 360 unit will work with Telemundo to identify high concentrations of U.S. Hispanic households.
Advertisers will utilize TV, online, video on demand and mobile media to get their messages out to those locales being targeted.
Telemundo and Comcast Media 360 will deploy customized studies to measure the impact of the media strategy, going beyond traditional metrics.
Toyota has signed on as a launch advertiser.
For more on the program, introduced today to coincide with the start of Advertising Week, visit http://www.telemundomedia.com.
Tags: ads, advertisers, advertising, advertising week, Comcast Media, comcast spotlight, geotargeting, households, media, spanish-language advertising, spanish-language tv, telemundo, telemundo media, today, viewers
‘Idol’ fuels Fox past CBS on Thursday
Readers: Expect a record Super Bowl, again
Our rising national obsession with sports
The high cost of ads for the Super Bowl ads
How football stacks up among Hispanics
Rachel, need I go back to school for media?
Weekend TV: The Super Bowl edition
Cable overnights: Another Warriors victory
So-so turnout for ‘Madoff’ miniseries
Sumner Redstone steps down at Viacom, too
Programming blog: What’s canceled and renewed
Denver: Bonkers for Broncs’ big game
What’s hot and not for Super Bowl ads
- Ed Castillo becomes global chief strategy officer at Arnold
- Juan Cruz Vassallo becomes associate creative director at the community
- Robert Cappuccino becomes VP of national sales at Foundations Marketing
- Simon White becomes chief strategy officer at FCB West
- Lynn Eastep becomes president at Fathom
- James Bennet becomes president at ASME
- Andrew Edwards becomes director of digital intelligence at Cardinal Path
- Marc Ferrentino becomes EVP of strategy at Yext
- Matt LeBlanc becomes co-host on BBC's 'Top Gear'
- Isabella Rossellini joins the cast of Hulu's 'Shut Eye'
- Seal joins the cast of Fox’s ‘The Passion’
- Dan Stevens, Aubrey Plaza and Jean Smart join FX’s ‘Legion’
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Digital content manager opening in Atlanta
Senior media planner wanted in Des Moines
Media planner/buyer position in Cincinnati
Looking for a media strategist in Cincinnati
Opening for a marketing communications manager