From CNN, a place to watch election results
November 6, 2012
CNN is turning tonight’s election into an opportunity for a timely alternative media campaign.
The network will set up an outdoor viewing area on the corner of 47th Street and Broadway in Manhattan where people can watch election results live starting at 4 p.m.
The area will include three jumbo screens as well as iReport booths, where voters can share their Election Day stories, play election trivia or create mementoes.
CNN-branded food carts will also be on hand giving out hot chocolate, coffee, pretzels and hot dogs.
It’s a clever way to remind people about the cable network in a year when Fox News Channel has been the clear election ratings winner.
CNN will also have outdoor viewing options set up in four other cities, including a screen at Thompson Center Plaza in Chicago, where President Barack Obama’s campaign is based, and one in Faneuil Hall Marketplace in Boston, where Mitt Romney has his headquarters.
The network will also have screens set up at the Miracle Mile Shops in Las Vegas and at Grand Park in Los Angeles.
Tags: alternative media, cable, campaign, cnn, cnn outdoor viewing, election, Election Day, election night, fox news channel, Manhattan, media, mitt romney, outdoor, people, presidential election, Times Square
Another series low for ‘American Idol’
‘Duck’ flies higher after season low
Disney Interactive chops 700 jobs
NBC’s dilemma: Whither ‘Community’?
‘Late Night With Seth Meyers,’ go to bed
Rachel, I’ve been stuck bigtime by co-workers
‘Resurrection,’ it’s got a shot
Tell us, are you happy with your salary?
Best tube bets this weekend
Shocker: Isaiah Washington back on ‘Grey’s’
ABC, CBS and Fox bounce back on Wednesday
RJ Palmer, Varick and TargetCast merge into Assembly
Pew: Pope’s getting good buzz on Twitter
- Heather Sandford becomes digital media manager at Ad Partners
- Martin Mohr becomes creative director at TBWA\Chiat\Day
- Carlos Sanchez becomes EVP and GM at Fox Deportes
- Greg Daniel, Laura Nelson, Saul Rosenberg and Marcy Shinder join Nielsen
- Liz Coddington and Melissa Stein join Adara Global
- Akiba Solomon becomes editorial director at Colorlines
- Matthew Galkin rises to partner at Warrior Poets
- Carlos Hermosillo joins Telemundo's sportscasting team
- Brooke Burke-Charvet guesting on ABC Family's 'Melissa & Joey'
- Gabriel Luna starring in El Rey Network's 'Matador'
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Senior planner/buyer opening in Daytona Beach
Media coordinator job in Anchroage
Media planner opening in San Francisco
Media planner/buyer opening in Ancorage
Online marketing media buyer in Camas, Wash.