From CNN, a place to watch election results
November 6, 2012
CNN is turning tonight’s election into an opportunity for a timely alternative media campaign.
The network will set up an outdoor viewing area on the corner of 47th Street and Broadway in Manhattan where people can watch election results live starting at 4 p.m.
The area will include three jumbo screens as well as iReport booths, where voters can share their Election Day stories, play election trivia or create mementoes.
CNN-branded food carts will also be on hand giving out hot chocolate, coffee, pretzels and hot dogs.
It’s a clever way to remind people about the cable network in a year when Fox News Channel has been the clear election ratings winner.
CNN will also have outdoor viewing options set up in four other cities, including a screen at Thompson Center Plaza in Chicago, where President Barack Obama’s campaign is based, and one in Faneuil Hall Marketplace in Boston, where Mitt Romney has his headquarters.
The network will also have screens set up at the Miracle Mile Shops in Las Vegas and at Grand Park in Los Angeles.
Tags: alternative media, cable, campaign, cnn, cnn outdoor viewing, election, Election Day, election night, fox news channel, Manhattan, media, mitt romney, outdoor, people, presidential election, Times Square
New from Kantar, a programmatic buying tool
ABC slips ahead of NBC in nightly news
Behind the coming changes in the upfront
Poor MTV: Hot on Twitter, less so on TV
‘Real History of Science Fiction,’ fun
Tell us, what’s your forecast for the upfront?
Pucker up: It’s NHL playoff time
CBS on Chelsea Handler: Not gonna happen
Yet another big social network acquisition
Starting today, a new paper for LA
Big events spark huge Twitter buzz
ABC’s ‘Resurrection’ rises with DVR viewing
CBS’s Monday night takes a hit without ‘Mother’
- Paul Longo becomes managing director at Accordant Media
- Kristy Kneiding becomes public relations manager at Cord Media
- Marc d'Avignon and Jay Berry become ECDs at Translation
- Courteney Monroe rises to CEO at National Geographic Channels
- Rita Mullin rises to general manager at Science Channel
- Alan Chartrand becomes Boston market president at Clear Channel
- John Wattiker rises to international fashion manager at Esquire
- Raj Choudhury becomes chief executive at BLiNQ Media
- Jason Shulman becomes SVP of sales at Vdopia
- ABC Entertainment president Paul Lee signs new deal
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
Online media buyer position in Provo, Utah
Digital media planner/buyer job in Minneapolis
Senior media planner job in Dallas/Fort Worth
Media buyer/planner wanted in Scottsdale, Ariz.
Assistant media planner/buyer wanted in Cleveland