From CNN, a place to watch election results
November 6, 2012
CNN is turning tonight’s election into an opportunity for a timely alternative media campaign.
The network will set up an outdoor viewing area on the corner of 47th Street and Broadway in Manhattan where people can watch election results live starting at 4 p.m.
The area will include three jumbo screens as well as iReport booths, where voters can share their Election Day stories, play election trivia or create mementoes.
CNN-branded food carts will also be on hand giving out hot chocolate, coffee, pretzels and hot dogs.
It’s a clever way to remind people about the cable network in a year when Fox News Channel has been the clear election ratings winner.
CNN will also have outdoor viewing options set up in four other cities, including a screen at Thompson Center Plaza in Chicago, where President Barack Obama’s campaign is based, and one in Faneuil Hall Marketplace in Boston, where Mitt Romney has his headquarters.
The network will also have screens set up at the Miracle Mile Shops in Las Vegas and at Grand Park in Los Angeles.
Tags: alternative media, cable, campaign, cnn, cnn outdoor viewing, election, Election Day, election night, fox news channel, Manhattan, media, mitt romney, outdoor, people, presidential election, Times Square
Where the real TV growth is: Down the dial
Rip-roaring week for cable, led by the zombies
Surprise: The hottest SVOD network is not Netflix
Media Life’s Digital Media Transparency Initiative
It’s here: Media Life’s new sports newsletter
Meet the crew who can save you on Mount Everest
Study: Agency morale falls off a cliff
On the horizon, layoffs at WSJ and Barron’s
‘Man With a Plan’ off to a decent start on CBS
Programming blog: What’s canceled and renewed
Here they are, this TV season’s biggest DVR gainers
For YouTube, a looming battle over music rights
NBA tips off with a rise in CPMs and tighter inventory
- Jenine Vadillo and Jessica Robb join MeringCarson
- Whit Haskel rises to Fox Sports SVP of brand marketing
- Rosemary Winters joins KMGi as EVP of growth and business development
- Mahesh Samat heading up Walt Disney Company in India
- Juan Devis becomes chief creative officer at KCETLink Media Group
- Rachel Webber becomes EVP of digital product at National Geographic Partners
- Justin Warner hosting ‘ChefShock’ on Twitch livestreaming platform
- Leyla Santiago joins CNN as correspondent in Mexico City
- Pentatonix playing opener for NBC’s ‘Thursday Night Football’
- ‘Simpsons’ producer Kevin Curran dies at age 59
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top-rated movies, songs and books
This month’s digital traffic data: August 2016
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
Search and analytics manager job in Columbus
Stamford agency needs a mass media manager
Media traffic specialist position in Stamford
Wanted: Cross channel media reporting analyst
Media research analyst opening in Stamford