From CNN, a place to watch election results
November 6, 2012
CNN is turning tonight’s election into an opportunity for a timely alternative media campaign.
The network will set up an outdoor viewing area on the corner of 47th Street and Broadway in Manhattan where people can watch election results live starting at 4 p.m.
The area will include three jumbo screens as well as iReport booths, where voters can share their Election Day stories, play election trivia or create mementoes.
CNN-branded food carts will also be on hand giving out hot chocolate, coffee, pretzels and hot dogs.
It’s a clever way to remind people about the cable network in a year when Fox News Channel has been the clear election ratings winner.
CNN will also have outdoor viewing options set up in four other cities, including a screen at Thompson Center Plaza in Chicago, where President Barack Obama’s campaign is based, and one in Faneuil Hall Marketplace in Boston, where Mitt Romney has his headquarters.
The network will also have screens set up at the Miracle Mile Shops in Las Vegas and at Grand Park in Los Angeles.
Tags: alternative media, cable, campaign, cnn, cnn outdoor viewing, election, Election Day, election night, fox news channel, Manhattan, media, mitt romney, outdoor, people, presidential election, Times Square
Cable overnights: ‘Sons of Anarchy’ stays No. 1
Study: TV still dominates video time
There she is (on Twitter), Miss America
For Fox, some rougher times ahead
Jon Swallen on changes in the media economy
Networks to media: DVRs are really, really important
Big jump for penultimate ‘America’s Got Talent’
A bit of advertiser backlash for the NFL
Limp second quarter for ad spending
NBC locks up another summer victory
That final-season surge for ‘Sons’
‘Mysteries of Laura,’ the allure of Debra
For ‘Extant,’ the blastoff that didn’t
- Guy Vidra becomes CEO at The New Republic
- Tim O’Connor becomes corporate sales managing director at Meredith
- Molly Battles becomes men's group PR manager at Bonnier
- Caleb Weinstein becomes EVP of affiliate distribution at Fox International
- Donny Hudson becomes EVP of sales at America CV
- Jodi Lipe becomes SVP of marketing at Ovation
- Ari Osur becomes VP of product marketing at Simulmedia
- Patrick Jager becomes EVP and CEO at Everwise/Banner Media
- Bill Hader hosting NBC's 'Saturday Night Live'
- Mark Feuerstein joins Showtime's 'Nurse Jackie'
- Gloria Steinem guesting on CBS's 'The Good Wife'
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Job for media buyer/planner with DC PR agency
Programmatic media buyer job in York, Pennsylvania
Media buyer opening in Las Vegas
Immediate opening for a media buyer/planner
Opening for a chief experiential officer