Finally, AMC Networks return to Dish
October 22, 2012
Dish Network viewers can finally tune into “The Walking Dead.”
Over the weekend the long carriage dispute between AMC Networks, which airs “Dead,” and Dish ended, clearing the way for AMC, WE tv, IFC and the Sundance Channel to return to the satellite broadcaster.
The channels went back online just before the second episode of “Dead,” which bowed to record ratings last week despite the fact that the show was not available in Dish’s 14 million households.
The two sides did not release terms of the new deal, though they did say it will last multiple years.
Not coincidentally, the new agreement coincided with the burying of a hatchet.
Dish and Cablevision finally settled a lawsuit filed four years ago over the high-definition TV channel VOOM.
Dish ended its distribution of the channel in 2008, prompting a breach of contract suit by Cablevision, which like AMC Networks is owned by Charles F. Dolan.
Dish said it ended its distribution because Cablevision had not followed through with a pledge to invest $100 million in the network. Cablevision said Dish had no right to end the contract.
The trial over the matter began earlier this month.
No ‘Jump of the Century’ after all
Cable overnights: ‘Rizzoli’ rises in 18-49s
A college radio fundraiser gone awry
Two more summer shows get the axe
St. Louis: Picking up after a slow start
Won’t you help Jon Stewart buy CNN?
Huge management shakeup at Conde Nast
Lukewarm debut for NBC’s ‘Food Fighters’
This summer’s winners and losers
The future for Forbes and other business titles
Swing and a miss for the British Open
‘Manhattan,’ not a bomb but little spark
For Lifetime, heels kicking up high
- Shoshana Winter becomes executive planning director at mcgarrybowen
- Danna Castiglia rises to VP of business development at CBS News
- Tim Pastore becomes programming president at National Geographic Channel
- Bill Cox and Walter Naar join Grit and Escape
- Nick Catucci becomes features editor at Billboard
- Paul Cushman becomes chief revenue officer at Dstillery
- Michelle Fairley joins the cast of ABC's 'Resurrection'
- Shemar Moore returning to CBS's 'Young and the Restless'
- Lucy Lawless joins ABC's 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.'
- Cast of 'Orange is the New Black' guesting on TBS's 'Conan'
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Digital media planner position in Austin
Media planning supervisor job in New York
Digital media planner opening in Chicago
Assistant media buyer job in Iowa City
Media strategist position in Stamford