Dutch journalist raped in Egypt
July 3, 2013
Two years after CBS News reporter Lara Logan was sexually assaulted while covering the 2011 Egyptian uprising, another journalist has been attacked while covering unrest in the country.
The Netherlands Embassy in Egypt released a statement yesterday saying that a 22-year-old Dutch woman was attacked in Tahrir Square on Friday night; an Egyptian news report said the woman was raped. She was treated in a Cairo hospital and then sent back to her family in The Netherlands.
The woman had been covering the uprising in the square, where protesters are calling for the resignation of President Mohamed Morsi.
Video has been posted online that apparently shows the woman just before she was attacked. Her rape was first reported by Egypt 25 reporter Dina Zakaria, who noted the incident on her Facebook page.
It comes after Logan was brutalized by an Egyptian mob in January 2011 while reporting on the fall of Hosni Mubarak.
Coming soon, a new way to measure online TV
Five smart tips on buying billboards
Fact: Mobile ads now top banner ads
‘Yikes, that is one spooky psychic!’
‘Project Runway: Threads,’ threadbare
Tell us, what’s your take on Martha Stewart?
A most unlikely World Series matchup
Cable overnights: ‘Dead’ stays strong in week two
Mom to toy store: Stop selling Walt White doll!
Fox orders a horror series from Ryan Murphy
CBS Outdoor is dropping the CBS name
‘Sunday Night Football’ scores for NBC
Washington Post rolls out national tab
- Abbey Klaassen becomes director of corporate development at Dentsu
- Robert Kellner becomes SVP of strategy at Barker
- Anhelo Reyes becomes VP of brand marketing at Spike TV
- ABC News SVP of communications Jeffrey Schneider exits
- Carlos Lamadrid becomes VP of national sales at Entercom
- Claudine Cazian rises to VP of programming at Premiere Networks
- Michael Foster becomes VP of demand platform at MediaAlpha
- Susan Sarandon joins Lifetime's 'Marilyn'
- Pitbull hosting ABC's American Music Awards
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Assistant media planner/buyer wanted in Austin
Digital media buyer/planner job in Norcross, Georgia
Associate media planner wanted in Chicago
Media buyer job in Medford, Oregon
Media planner position in Chicago