Disney’s ‘Cheetah Girls 2′ roars with 7.7M viewers
August 29, 2006
High School Musical is so last week. The new Disney Channel phenomenon is The Cheetah Girls 2, which premiered Friday night to the biggest audience for an original movie in Disney Channel history. The film, which starred That’s So Raven’s Raven-Symone, averaged 7.8 million total viewers and gave Disney its most-watched primetime ever in total viewers (6.4 million) and kids 6-11 (2.8 million). The 8 p.m. film drew a somewhat astounding 61 share among girls 6-11 and a 59 among girls 9-14. By comparison, Musical averaged 7.7 million viewers in its January debut. But among 6-11s and 9-14s, the 2002 film Cadet Kelly still remains the Disney leader. Cheetah was the sequel to the 2003 movie about a girls’ singing group.
Nikki Finke may have a new purpose in 2015
Tell us, what was the big story of 2014?
Facebook: ‘Thrones’ was the year’s top show
Final tally: 190 new magazines launched in 2014
No duPont Awards for broadcast networks
Sony: We’ll be releasing ‘The Interview.’ Really.
The year that was: 2014 by the numbers
An up and down year for broadcast
The buzziest new cable shows of 2015
Our OOH outlook: More connectivity
Our newspaper outlook: Not good
Our magazine outlook: More upheaval
The ad outlook for 2015: Pretty decent
- Helen Prokos becomes group creative director at Publicis Hawkeye
- James Florez becomes Dallas GM at Allison+Partners
- Robyn Hurd, Michael Oesterlin and Lorenzo Bertolotti join A+E
- Nate Lanxon becomes senior editor at Bloomberg Media
- Marian Bull becomes associate digital editor at Saveur
- Byron Pitts becomes co-anchor at ABC's 'Nightline'
- Annie Wersching joins CW's 'The Vampire Diaries'
- Daniel Wu joins the cast of AMC's 'Badlands'
- Ashley Tisdale guesting on ABC Family's 'Young & Hungry'
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Media buyer opening in Memphis
Media planner/buyer wanted in Boston
Needed: Digital media coordinator in Roswell, Ga.
Media buyer/digital strategist job in Cedar Falls, Iowa
Broadcast media buyer wanted in Denver