Disney’s ‘Cheetah Girls 2′ roars with 7.7M viewers
August 29, 2006
High School Musical is so last week. The new Disney Channel phenomenon is The Cheetah Girls 2, which premiered Friday night to the biggest audience for an original movie in Disney Channel history. The film, which starred That’s So Raven’s Raven-Symone, averaged 7.8 million total viewers and gave Disney its most-watched primetime ever in total viewers (6.4 million) and kids 6-11 (2.8 million). The 8 p.m. film drew a somewhat astounding 61 share among girls 6-11 and a 59 among girls 9-14. By comparison, Musical averaged 7.7 million viewers in its January debut. But among 6-11s and 9-14s, the 2002 film Cadet Kelly still remains the Disney leader. Cheetah was the sequel to the 2003 movie about a girls’ singing group.
‘Stars’ posts best finale in four seasons
Yet another sweeps victory for NBC
OOH measurement: Where it’s headed
On cable news, wall-to-wall Ferguson
‘Santa Hunters,’ hunt for something else
What will be the big media stories of 2015?
Best tube bets this holiday weekend
Cable overnights: ‘MNF’ takes a hit
Study: Hispanics ahead of the curve for digital
What are your predictions for 2015?
ABC’s ‘Scandal’ wows ‘em on Twitter
Part one of ‘Stars’ finale matches season high
Happy Thanksgiving: What readers are thankful for
- Timothy Mutrie becomes chief strategy officer at Jacob Tyler
- Mark Koelfgen rises to CCO at McGarryBowen
- Paul Shearer becomes Middle East CCO at Ogilvy & Mather
- Matthew Abate becomes ECD at Atmosphere Proximity
- Amy Goldberg and Dan Myers join Starz
- Patti Dennis rises to VP of talent development at Gannett
- Lori Loughlin and Bailee Madison join Hallmark's 'Northpole 2'
- Lenora Crichlow and Spencer Grammer join NBC's 'Mr. Robinson'
- Actor George Eads leaving CBS's 'CSI'
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Savvy media buyer needed in Chattanooga
Media planning coordinator wanted in Miami
Digital media planner job in Salt Lake City
Media planner/buyer job in Madison, WI
Needed: Media buyer in Baton Rouge