Disney’s ‘Cheetah Girls 2’ roars with 7.7M viewers
August 29, 2006
High School Musical is so last week. The new Disney Channel phenomenon is The Cheetah Girls 2, which premiered Friday night to the biggest audience for an original movie in Disney Channel history. The film, which starred That’s So Raven’s Raven-Symone, averaged 7.8 million total viewers and gave Disney its most-watched primetime ever in total viewers (6.4 million) and kids 6-11 (2.8 million). The 8 p.m. film drew a somewhat astounding 61 share among girls 6-11 and a 59 among girls 9-14. By comparison, Musical averaged 7.7 million viewers in its January debut. But among 6-11s and 9-14s, the 2002 film Cadet Kelly still remains the Disney leader. Cheetah was the sequel to the 2003 movie about a girls’ singing group.
Super Bowl surprise: ‘Good Wife’ is ending
Tell us, which Super Bowl ads did you like?
The Super Bowl by the numbers
Republican debate draws good crowd
‘Shark Tank’ pushes ABC to another Friday win
‘CBS This Morning’ hits viewership milestone
Programming blog: What’s canceled and renewed
‘Idol’ fuels Fox past CBS on Thursday
Readers: Expect a record Super Bowl, again
Our rising national obsession with sports
The high cost of ads for the Super Bowl ads
How football stacks up among Hispanics
Rachel, need I go back to school for media?
- Ed Castillo becomes global chief strategy officer at Arnold
- Juan Cruz Vassallo becomes associate creative director at the community
- Robert Cappuccino becomes VP of national sales at Foundations Marketing
- Simon White becomes chief strategy officer at FCB West
- Lynn Eastep becomes president at Fathom
- Jason Patric joins the cast of Fox's 'Wayward Pines'
- Zelda Williams, Alberto Frezza and Eli Goree join Freeform's 'Dead of Summer'
- Catherine Hardwicke joins USA's upcoming 'Eyewitness'
- Ice-T and Coco hosting Oxygen Valentine's Day marathon
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Digital content manager opening in Atlanta
Senior media planner wanted in Des Moines
Media planner/buyer position in Cincinnati
Looking for a media strategist in Cincinnati
Opening for a marketing communications manager