Disney’s ‘Cheetah Girls 2′ roars with 7.7M viewers
August 29, 2006
High School Musical is so last week. The new Disney Channel phenomenon is The Cheetah Girls 2, which premiered Friday night to the biggest audience for an original movie in Disney Channel history. The film, which starred That’s So Raven’s Raven-Symone, averaged 7.8 million total viewers and gave Disney its most-watched primetime ever in total viewers (6.4 million) and kids 6-11 (2.8 million). The 8 p.m. film drew a somewhat astounding 61 share among girls 6-11 and a 59 among girls 9-14. By comparison, Musical averaged 7.7 million viewers in its January debut. But among 6-11s and 9-14s, the 2002 film Cadet Kelly still remains the Disney leader. Cheetah was the sequel to the 2003 movie about a girls’ singing group.
Another series low for ‘American Idol’
‘Duck’ flies higher after season low
Disney Interactive chops 700 jobs
NBC’s dilemma: Whither ‘Community’?
‘Late Night With Seth Meyers,’ go to bed
Rachel, I’ve been stuck bigtime by co-workers
‘Resurrection,’ it’s got a shot
Tell us, are you happy with your salary?
Best tube bets this weekend
Shocker: Isaiah Washington back on ‘Grey’s’
ABC, CBS and Fox bounce back on Wednesday
RJ Palmer, Varick and TargetCast merge into Assembly
Pew: Pope’s getting good buzz on Twitter
- Heather Sandford becomes digital media manager at Ad Partners
- Martin Mohr becomes creative director at TBWA\Chiat\Day
- Carlos Sanchez becomes EVP and GM at Fox Deportes
- Greg Daniel, Laura Nelson, Saul Rosenberg and Marcy Shinder join Nielsen
- Liz Coddington and Melissa Stein join Adara Global
- Akiba Solomon becomes editorial director at Colorlines
- Matthew Galkin rises to partner at Warrior Poets
- Carlos Hermosillo joins Telemundo's sportscasting team
- Brooke Burke-Charvet guesting on ABC Family's 'Melissa & Joey'
- Gabriel Luna starring in El Rey Network's 'Matador'
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Senior planner/buyer opening in Daytona Beach
Media coordinator job in Anchroage
Media planner opening in San Francisco
Media planner/buyer opening in Ancorage
Online marketing media buyer in Camas, Wash.