Disney’s ‘Cheetah Girls 2′ roars with 7.7M viewers
August 29, 2006
High School Musical is so last week. The new Disney Channel phenomenon is The Cheetah Girls 2, which premiered Friday night to the biggest audience for an original movie in Disney Channel history. The film, which starred That’s So Raven’s Raven-Symone, averaged 7.8 million total viewers and gave Disney its most-watched primetime ever in total viewers (6.4 million) and kids 6-11 (2.8 million). The 8 p.m. film drew a somewhat astounding 61 share among girls 6-11 and a 59 among girls 9-14. By comparison, Musical averaged 7.7 million viewers in its January debut. But among 6-11s and 9-14s, the 2002 film Cadet Kelly still remains the Disney leader. Cheetah was the sequel to the 2003 movie about a girls’ singing group.
St. Louis: Picking up after a slow start
Won’t you help Jon Stewart buy CNN?
Huge management shakeup at Conde Nast
Lukewarm debut for NBC’s ‘Food Fighters’
This summer’s winners and losers
The future for Forbes and other business titles
Swing and a miss for the British Open
‘Manhattan,’ not a bomb but little spark
So, what’s your take on Fox-Time Warner?
For Lifetime, heels kicking up high
Cable overnights: ‘Hip Hop’ jumps on VH1
How many subscribers did Aereo have, anyway?
Right now at Comic-Con: PETA’s latest work
- Shoshana Winter becomes executive planning director at mcgarrybowen
- Danna Castiglia rises to VP of business development at CBS News
- Tim Pastore becomes programming president at National Geographic Channel
- Bill Cox and Walter Naar join Grit and Escape
- Nick Catucci becomes features editor at Billboard
- Paul Cushman becomes chief revenue officer at Dstillery
- Michelle Fairley joins the cast of ABC's 'Resurrection'
- Shemar Moore returning to CBS's 'Young and the Restless'
- Lucy Lawless joins ABC's 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.'
- Cast of 'Orange is the New Black' guesting on TBS's 'Conan'
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Digital media planner position in Austin
Media planning supervisor job in New York
Digital media planner opening in Chicago
Assistant media buyer job in Iowa City
Media strategist position in Stamford