Coming, the collapse of radio’s iHeartMedia
Industry giant is struggling under massive debt and losing gobs of money
March 31, 2016
Industry giant is struggling under a massive debt and losing gobs of money. Creditors are closing in. It's a good bet it will be broken up and sold off in parts. Here's what went wrong.
This article is part of our Radio Premium Newsletter.
Tags: advertising, bain capital, bob pittman, clear channel, Clear Channel Outdoor, iheartmedia, iHeartRadio Festival i, leveraged buyouts, mitt romney, radio, research, the new face of radio, the new face of radio in america, Thomas H. Lee Partner, Time Warner-AOL merger
‘Meet the Press’ wins Stephen Miller week
CBS squeaks out first-place finish on Friday
Drama lineup leads ABC to first on Thursday
Media buyers’ picks: What’s hot (and not) in digital radio
Best of the week: Trump Trump Trump Trump
After months, that Vermont paper finds its owner
Rachel, I love my new boss but he sure tells whoppers
The coming breakup of Clear Channel Outdoor
Weekend TV: CBS previews ‘The Good Fight’
Fox: Sorry about that fake news promoting our movie
New FCC chair: Let’s get those FM chips activated
Study: Millennials the worst-behaved drivers
Kids in Australia use more internet than TV
- Luca Pannese and Luca Lorenzini join Publicis NY
- Jorge Murillo rises to VP and ECD at Alma
- Keith Cox rises to development president at Paramount Network
- Matt McAllester rises to editor in chief at Newsweek
- Jason Simms becomes director of drama and comedy at Sky Vision
- Santiago Cabrera joins CBS's 'Salvation'
- Retta joins the cast of NBC's 'Good Girls'
- Antonia Thomas joins ABC's 'The Good Doctor'
- Radio humorist Stuart McLean dies at age 68
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top-rated movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s digital traffic data: December 2016
Opening for a media planner at a top OOH agency
Orlando agency looking for a media planner/buyer
Freelance media planner/buyer available
Junior media planner/buyer position in Minneapolis-St. Paul
Media sales coordinator opening in New York