The coming breakup of Clear Channel Outdoor
OOH giant is sure to be sold off as parent iHeart slides toward bankruptcy
February 21, 2017
There was a time when much of the discussion around iHeartMedia was whether, burdened by its massive debt, it would figure a path to survival.
That conversation is past.
IHeart is cooked, headed toward bankruptcy. Breakup is inevitable. The only question now is when, and the answer appears to be soon, some industry observers think next year, but it could come earlier, later this year, as debtors close in.
To read the rest of this story, click here to subscribe to the Out of Home Premium newsletter.
Previous Out of Home Premium stories
Strong performance of the OOH industry is attracting a new crowd of investors. A lot of their interest is in the oldest form of advertising.
Think street teams, funny cars, night-time projections, bicycle advertising. In dollars it’s a small slice of the out-of-home pie but it’s tops when it comes to creativity and buzz-building.
‘How to Get Away With Murder’ equals a season high
Satellite’s now an afterthought in the era of digital radio
NASCAR spins its wheels as season gets underway
Best of the week: Ranking black American influencers
Paper cuts: Axe swings at The Financial Times
It’s time to get over the gimcrack of Times Square
Weekend TV: It’s Oscar time in la la land
People really didn’t like media coverage of the election
Cable overnights: ‘Alaskan Bush People’ rises in finale
ABC wins Wednesday with night’s top four shows
TV programming blog: All the cancellations and renewals
Who’s leading the February sweep? It’s complicated.
So-so start for HBO’s much-hyped latest new series
- Eight join at FCB Chicago
- Seth Kusiak rises to VP of infrastructure and security services at Advertising Specialty Institute
- John Podesta joins The Washington Post as contributing columnist
- Kim Lamoreaux joins DeForest Times-Tribune
- Lauren Burack rises to SVP of brand and consumer marketing at IFC
- Matthew Broderick starring in ‘Katrina: American Crime Story’
- Brad Garrett joins CBS drama pilot ‘The Get’
- Lea Michele joins ABC comedy pilot
- Lauren Graham joins Fox comedy ‘Linda From HR’
- Former Fox News Channel host Alan Colmes dies at 66
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top-rated movies, songs and books
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s digital traffic data: December 2016
Opening for a media planner at a top OOH agency
Orlando agency looking for a media planner/buyer
Freelance media planner/buyer available
Junior media planner/buyer position in Minneapolis-St. Paul
Media sales coordinator opening in New York