CBS: The Super Bowl is nearly sold out
September 10, 2012
Some five months before kickoff, and just one game into the regular season, the Super Bowl is approaching a sellout.
CBS has moved more than 90 percent of ad inventory for the game, at a record price of $3.7 million to $3.8 million per 30-second spot, according to USA Today.
By comparison, last year’s game, which also sold out early for NBC, averaged a then-record price of $3.5 million per spot.
Though General Motors said earlier this year that it will not buy space in the game, auto is expected to be strong, with Hyundai and Kia already confirming they will be back.
Other repeat advertisers include Pepsi, Coca-Cola, FritoLay and Anheuser-Busch.
Time Inc. to bidders: No breaking up the company
Is ‘Missing Richard Simmons’ the next ‘Serial’?
NBC wins eighth straight Tuesday with ‘This Is Us’
How the Daytona 500 will play out on social media
TV programming blog: All the cancellations and renewals
Study: Millennial men are cutting the cord in droves
MLB may soon play ball in a new place: Facebook
Google: We’re going for MRC accreditation too
The 2017 Academy Awards by the numbers
Hispanic media upbeat, even in the face of roundups
For ‘Speechless,’ a shameless plug for the Oscars
After huge stink, Breitbart News editor takes a powder
‘Big Bang Theory’ tops the week in DVR viewership
- Ian Loon becomes Singapore managing director at Starcom
- Global Team Blue CCO Toby Barlow exits
- Alice Ollstein becomes a reporter at Talking Points Memo
- Steffen Svartberg Kristiansen becomes head of Nordic operations at Tapad
- Ezekiel Emanuel becomes a contributor at Fox News Channel
- Alex Meraz joins WGN America's 'Scalped'
- Tim Robbins joins the cast of HBO's Alan Ball drama
- Fox News Channel personality Brenda Buttner dies at 55
- Film critic Richard Schickel dies at age 84
This week’s top-rated movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s digital traffic data: December 2016
Opening for a media planner at a top OOH agency
Orlando agency looking for a media planner/buyer
Freelance media planner/buyer available
Junior media planner/buyer position in Minneapolis-St. Paul
Media sales coordinator opening in New York