CBS: The Super Bowl is nearly sold out
September 10, 2012
Some five months before kickoff, and just one game into the regular season, the Super Bowl is approaching a sellout.
CBS has moved more than 90 percent of ad inventory for the game, at a record price of $3.7 million to $3.8 million per 30-second spot, according to USA Today.
By comparison, last year’s game, which also sold out early for NBC, averaged a then-record price of $3.5 million per spot.
Though General Motors said earlier this year that it will not buy space in the game, auto is expected to be strong, with Hyundai and Kia already confirming they will be back.
Other repeat advertisers include Pepsi, Coca-Cola, FritoLay and Anheuser-Busch.
Cable overnights: New high for ‘Chrisley’
The word: FCC guts net neutrality rules
Readers: No C7 during this upfront
USA’s summer lineup: ‘Pains’ and ‘Affairs’
Whoa: Amazon scores HBO Go
Fact: We now use the web more than TV
‘About a Boy’ grows for second straight week
Coulson: I did not participate in a cover-up
May’s five biggest sweeps stunts
‘Scandal,’ from bubble to breakout
Scripps upfront: Ellen’s doing cable
‘Bad Teacher,’ not enough to be good
Tell us, what’s your forecast for the upfront?
- GroupM communications director John Wolfe exiting
- Theresa Griggs becomes creative director at Cosmopolitan
- Ryan D’Agostino and David Granger join Popular Mechanics
- Jeanne Fontana becomes health and wellness president at Robb Report
- Christopher Dolan becomes publisher at Muscle & Fitness
- Karen Bonck becomes SVP of branded partnerships at Debmar-Mercury
- Sam Register rises to president at Warner Bros. Animation
- Luis 'El Matador' Hernandez joins Fox Deportes
- Charlize Theron and Andy Samberg hosting NBC's 'SNL'
- Jennifer Garner developing mystery project at Bravo
- 'Bachelorette' contestant Eric Hill dies at age 31
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
Senior digital media planner job in L.A.
Media planner position in Dallas
Needed: Senior digital media buyer and planner
Expert marketing consultant available in all markets
Media buyer/planner job in Philadelphia