CBS: The Super Bowl is nearly sold out
September 10, 2012
Some five months before kickoff, and just one game into the regular season, the Super Bowl is approaching a sellout.
CBS has moved more than 90 percent of ad inventory for the game, at a record price of $3.7 million to $3.8 million per 30-second spot, according to USA Today.
By comparison, last year’s game, which also sold out early for NBC, averaged a then-record price of $3.5 million per spot.
Though General Motors said earlier this year that it will not buy space in the game, auto is expected to be strong, with Hyundai and Kia already confirming they will be back.
Other repeat advertisers include Pepsi, Coca-Cola, FritoLay and Anheuser-Busch.
CBS wins Friday with NCAA basketball
ABC pulls close with ‘World News Tonight’
For one TV ad, a case of premature congratulation
Rundown: Which advertisers have jumped from YouTube
TV programming blog: All the cancellations and renewals
CBS dominates Thursday with more NCAA playoffs
Podcasting comes of age: What’s behind a recent boom
CBS renews a slew of shows, with a few missing
Best of the week: Advertisers revolt against Google
Putting a pricetag on ad fraud: $16.4 billion
Surprise: There’s one area where TV viewing is soaring
Media Life’s Digital Media Transparency Initiative
Weekend TV: Can anyone beat the UConn women?
- Arun Kumar becomes chief data and marketing tech officer at IPG
- Jenny Campbell rises to managing director at 72andSunny
- Adam Crandall becomes director of strategy at mono
- Mark Wildman rises to EVP of partnerships at Westwood One
- Kevin Craig rises to SVP of newspaper relations at AMG/Parade
- Bill Corvalan becomes VP of West Coast partnerships at AllOver Media
- Richard Just becomes editor at The Washington Post Magazine
- Gemma Lawson rises to VP and design director at Nickelodeon
- Ashley Judd joins Epix' 'Berlin Station'
- Former NBC ad sales executive Robert Blackmore dies at age 90
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top-rated movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s digital traffic data: December 2016
Ad sales rep for a digital-only magazine
Freelance media planner/buyer available for all markets
Wanted: Media buyer in Philadelphia
Paid social media planner wanted in Detroit
Opening for a media planner at a top OOH agency