CBS: The Super Bowl is nearly sold out
September 10, 2012
Some five months before kickoff, and just one game into the regular season, the Super Bowl is approaching a sellout.
CBS has moved more than 90 percent of ad inventory for the game, at a record price of $3.7 million to $3.8 million per 30-second spot, according to USA Today.
By comparison, last year’s game, which also sold out early for NBC, averaged a then-record price of $3.5 million per spot.
Though General Motors said earlier this year that it will not buy space in the game, auto is expected to be strong, with Hyundai and Kia already confirming they will be back.
Other repeat advertisers include Pepsi, Coca-Cola, FritoLay and Anheuser-Busch.
Cable overnights: Solid start for ‘Houdini’
Cancellations for TBS and Fox programs
ABC and NBC on top as summer sets
Wanna be in an ad? Quick, do a selfie!
ISIS claims to have killed another journalist
NBC’s ‘Ninja’ slithers to best rating in a month
Terrible timing for ‘Sleepy Hollow’ stunt
Fred Ryan becomes publisher of Washington Post
Slow start for political spending in 2014
New Orleans: TV news is really hot
ABC’s ‘Forever:’ More like a few weeks
‘My Friends Call Me Johnny,’ old dude
And now, the news from David Muir
- David Malachowski becomes group account director at Swirl
- AOL brand group CEO Susan Lyne moves to BBG Fund
- Satnam Gandhi becomes chief technology officer at PageScience
- Ted Gold joins Spike TV as SVP of scripted original series
- Patrick Warburton reprising role in ‘The Tick’
- Steve Zahn, Andrea Anders and Tyne Daly guesting on ‘Modern Family’
- Paul Sorvino, Rob Huebel and Dan Bakkedahl join ABC’s ‘The Goldbergs’
- Jermaine Fowler developing a comedy for ABC
- Cory Gnazzo becomes executive producer of ‘The Rachel Maddow Show’
- Lawyer: McKayla Maroney was underage in stolen pictures
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Junior media planner job in the Washington area
Senior media buyer/planner job in Rochester
Needed: Receptionist for a media agency
Media buyer position in Greenville, SC
Digital media analyst job in Greenville, SC