CBS: The Super Bowl is nearly sold out
September 10, 2012
Some five months before kickoff, and just one game into the regular season, the Super Bowl is approaching a sellout.
CBS has moved more than 90 percent of ad inventory for the game, at a record price of $3.7 million to $3.8 million per 30-second spot, according to USA Today.
By comparison, last year’s game, which also sold out early for NBC, averaged a then-record price of $3.5 million per spot.
Though General Motors said earlier this year that it will not buy space in the game, auto is expected to be strong, with Hyundai and Kia already confirming they will be back.
Other repeat advertisers include Pepsi, Coca-Cola, FritoLay and Anheuser-Busch.
What to watch for at the Newfronts: Day three
Digital Content Newfronts blog: Day two update
NFL Draft: As online gains, cable drains
CBS inches to a season win over NBC
Tell us, what’s the state of magazines right now?
Hidden history: Infiltrating secret societies
Cable overnights: NBA playoffs surge on TNT
Tampa is becoming a one-newspaper town
Yet another round of job cuts at Boston Globe
NFL Draft scores another touchdown on Twitter
New Fox drama ‘Houdini’ pulls a disappearing act
For Univision, a new way to measure ratings
What to watch for at the Newfronts: Day two
- Daniel Tibbets becomes president and GM at El Rey
- Adam Wiener rises to EVP and GM at CBS Local Digital
- Kim Armenta becomes publisher at Vegas magazine
- Alanna Gombert rises to GM at IAB Technology Lab
- Catrice Monson rises to SVP of diversity at CBS Corp.
- John Hoeft becomes general manager at Tru Measure
- Oprah Winfrey starring in HBO's 'Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks'
- Jimmy Kimmel guest co-hosting with Kelly Ripa on 'Live!'
- Former NATPE president John von Soosten dies at age 71
This week’s top-rated movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Assistant media buyer job in Fort Worth
Needed in Louisville: In-house media buyer
Memphis agency seeks a media planner
Needed: Globally conscious sales/marketing rep
San Diego opening for a digital marketing account manager