CBS: Super Bowl is almost sold out
November 8, 2012
CBS is on pace to sell out the Super Bowl very early this year, marking the third straight year of high demand for the game.
Yesterday CBS chief executive officer Les Moonves told analysts on an earnings conference call that inventory for the game is nearly sold out.
Some 30-second spots are going for $4 million, Moonves said, up from the $3.5 million that NBC commanded last year.
NBC also moved its ads quickly, with a sell out last fall. CBS is expected to do the same, a change from years ago, when there would always be a handful of ads still available in the weeks before the game.
Advertisers seem to have decided that, despite the exorbitant pricetag, the Super Bowl is worth the splurge because it draws so many viewers.
February’s game drew a record 111.35 million total viewers, the largest audience ever to watch a TV program, according to Nielsen.
‘Extant’ returns to a series low
Facebook monetizing booming videos
Record crowd turns out for semifinal win
What’s ailng the U. S. media economy
Dallas: TV builds on furniture spending
Wack job: A Donald Trump rantalogue
‘Hollywood Cycle,’ peddling to nowhere
Weekend TV: Women play for title
Cable overnights: ‘Haves’ hits a high
‘Avenida Brasil’ helps boost Telemundo
Microsoft eases out of display advertising
TV Land yanks ‘Dukes of Hazzard’
Okay start for new drama ‘Zoo’
- Chris Garbutt becomes global creative president at TBWA
- Steve Jun becomes CEO at INNOCEAN Worldwide Americas
- Jon Ruppel becomes creative director at Team One
- Karen Kaufman becomes managing partner at Gain Theory
- Clay Fisher becomes SVP of consumer marketing at The NY Times
- Merope Mills and Paul Lewis rise at Guardian U.S.
- Kurt Hoy becomes content strategy director at Bonnier Motorcycle Group
- Mike Zaneis becomes president and CEO at Trustworthy Accountability Group
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Part-time media buyer job in Lake Bluff, Illinois
Media buyer/planner wanted in Louisville
Assistant media planner opening in Atlanta
Media planner position in Minneapolis
Media buyer position in Sacramento