CBS: Super Bowl is almost sold out
November 8, 2012
CBS is on pace to sell out the Super Bowl very early this year, marking the third straight year of high demand for the game.
Yesterday CBS chief executive officer Les Moonves told analysts on an earnings conference call that inventory for the game is nearly sold out.
Some 30-second spots are going for $4 million, Moonves said, up from the $3.5 million that NBC commanded last year.
NBC also moved its ads quickly, with a sell out last fall. CBS is expected to do the same, a change from years ago, when there would always be a handful of ads still available in the weeks before the game.
Advertisers seem to have decided that, despite the exorbitant pricetag, the Super Bowl is worth the splurge because it draws so many viewers.
February’s game drew a record 111.35 million total viewers, the largest audience ever to watch a TV program, according to Nielsen.
Two more summer shows get the axe
St. Louis: Picking up after a slow start
‘Married,’ funny, yes. Deep? No.
So, what’s your take on Fox-Time Warner?
For Fox, extra helpings of chef Ramsay
No ‘Jump of the Century’ after all
Cable overnights: ‘Rizzoli’ rises in 18-49s
A college radio fundraiser gone awry
Won’t you help Jon Stewart buy CNN?
Huge management shakeup at Conde Nast
Lukewarm debut for NBC’s ‘Food Fighters’
This summer’s winners and losers
The future for Forbes and other business titles
- Shoshana Winter becomes executive planning director at mcgarrybowen
- Danna Castiglia rises to VP of business development at CBS News
- Tim Pastore becomes programming president at National Geographic Channel
- Bill Cox and Walter Naar join Grit and Escape
- Nick Catucci becomes features editor at Billboard
- Paul Cushman becomes chief revenue officer at Dstillery
- Michelle Fairley joins the cast of ABC's 'Resurrection'
- Shemar Moore returning to CBS's 'Young and the Restless'
- Lucy Lawless joins ABC's 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.'
- Cast of 'Orange is the New Black' guesting on TBS's 'Conan'
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Digital media planner position in Austin
Media planning supervisor job in New York
Digital media planner opening in Chicago
Assistant media buyer job in Iowa City
Media strategist position in Stamford