CBS: Super Bowl is almost sold out
November 8, 2012
CBS is on pace to sell out the Super Bowl very early this year, marking the third straight year of high demand for the game.
Yesterday CBS chief executive officer Les Moonves told analysts on an earnings conference call that inventory for the game is nearly sold out.
Some 30-second spots are going for $4 million, Moonves said, up from the $3.5 million that NBC commanded last year.
NBC also moved its ads quickly, with a sell out last fall. CBS is expected to do the same, a change from years ago, when there would always be a handful of ads still available in the weeks before the game.
Advertisers seem to have decided that, despite the exorbitant pricetag, the Super Bowl is worth the splurge because it draws so many viewers.
February’s game drew a record 111.35 million total viewers, the largest audience ever to watch a TV program, according to Nielsen.
Cable overnights: Monday shows rebound post-Games
Time Inc.’s long, rough summer continues
Which U.S. Olympic athlete’s sponsors spent most?
Even with Olympics over, NBC stays on top
Olympics finish strong on social media
Programming blog: What’s canceled and renewed
Where political is booming: Social and search
Quiet close to up-and-down Summer Games
Fox’s ‘The Exorcist’: Bloody hell, this looks bad
For ‘The View,’ still dishing amid the drama
One last look at Gawker’s impressive numbers
Pandora’s new strategy: It’s going on-demand
Stripped down: Speedo and other sponsors flee Lochte
- Bill Cimino becomes CCO at McCann Detroit
- Randy Rovegno, Michael Voice and Caroline Wilson join Pop
- Jennifer Csengody-Novetsky becomes senior editor at Harper's Bazaar
- Jeff Tamarkin becomes editor at BestClassicBands.com
- Jason Solinsky becomes chief technology officer at fuboTV
- Rey Mysterio signs first-look deal at El Rey Network
- Rupert Grint, Ed Westwick and Dougray Scott join Crackle's 'Snatch'
- Sarah Paulson joins the cast of FX's 'Feud'
- Newspaperman George E. Curry dies at age 69
This week’s top-rated movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s digital traffic data: June 2016
This month’s new media traffic data
Associate media planner wanted in Brooklyn
Senior media planner job in Dearborn, Michigan
Needed: Print media buyer in Chicago
Digital media buyer wanted in El Segundo
Media buyer wanted in Austin