CBS keeping ‘Golden Boy’ on Tuesdays
March 7, 2013
CBS has given a vote of confidence to “Golden Boy” and one of significantly less confidence to “Vegas.”
The network has decided to keep “Boy” in the Tuesday 10 p.m. timeslot, where it aired a two-episode tryout over the past two weeks, instead of moving the show to Fridays, where it was scheduled to air at 9 p.m.
Instead, “Vegas,” which had occupied the 10 p.m. Tuesday hour, will move to the Friday slot starting April 5.
It’s a sign that CBS sees more promise in “Boy,” which averaged a 1.7 adults 18-49 rating in two outings, than “Vegas,” which has drawn the same rating.
“Vegas” bowed to good numbers last fall but slid sharply since then, and its chances of renewal have declined because of it. Still, if the show can maintain its audience on Friday, it could get a second season.
CBS has struggled at 9 p.m. on Friday this season, where “Made in Jersey” and “CSI: NY” have both drawn low ratings.
ABC and Fox tie for first on Thursday
The coming political boom for radio
How papers are reaching out to Millennials
Local Super Bowl advertising at a glance
Rachel, my boss doesn’t know when day’s done
So, what are your thoughts on Donald Trump now?
Weekend TV: The zombies are back
Newsweek tears down its paywall
Maybe it’s not quite time for the smartwatch
Cable overnights: Less excitement for Cavs-Lakers
A tight Wednesday night for broadcast
Programming blog: What’s canceled and renewed
Our most endangered medium: Direct mail
- Philippe Krakowsky rises to chairman at IPG Mediabrands
- Rodrigo Grau becomes CCO at JWT Latin America
- Charles Thornton becomes VP of digital at the Automotive Ad Agency
- Todd Eisner becomes creative director at barrettSF
- Sarah Katt becomes VP of product development at AccuWeather
- David Pescovitz becomes editor at large at WebbyAwards.com
- Eddie Jordan and Sabine Schmitz join BBC America's 'Top Gear'
- Lee Majors joins Starz' 'Ash vs. Evil Dead'
- Kyle Schmid joins History military drama 'Six'
- Shawn Ashmore joins ABC drama pilot 'Conviction'
- Scott Wilson joins Netflix's 'The OA'
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Digital content manager opening in Atlanta
Senior media planner wanted in Des Moines
Media planner/buyer position in Cincinnati
Looking for a media strategist in Cincinnati
Opening for a marketing communications manager