CBS keeping ‘Golden Boy’ on Tuesdays
March 7, 2013
CBS has given a vote of confidence to “Golden Boy” and one of significantly less confidence to “Vegas.”
The network has decided to keep “Boy” in the Tuesday 10 p.m. timeslot, where it aired a two-episode tryout over the past two weeks, instead of moving the show to Fridays, where it was scheduled to air at 9 p.m.
Instead, “Vegas,” which had occupied the 10 p.m. Tuesday hour, will move to the Friday slot starting April 5.
It’s a sign that CBS sees more promise in “Boy,” which averaged a 1.7 adults 18-49 rating in two outings, than “Vegas,” which has drawn the same rating.
“Vegas” bowed to good numbers last fall but slid sharply since then, and its chances of renewal have declined because of it. Still, if the show can maintain its audience on Friday, it could get a second season.
CBS has struggled at 9 p.m. on Friday this season, where “Made in Jersey” and “CSI: NY” have both drawn low ratings.
Huge surge for Sweet Sixteen games
Latest forecast for the upfront: Not good
Jon Swallen on the media economy
‘The Dovekeepers,’ a long four hours
Rachel, the interview did not go well
Tell us, what’s the state of late-night TV?
Best bets on TV this weekend 3.27.15
Cable overnights: ‘Catfish’ hooks a win
Social’s share of display ads is on the rise
Apple eyes a foray into streaming music
Alas, it’s farewell to ‘Downton Abbey’
A lackluster return for ‘American Idol’
Programming blog: Latest pickups and cancellations
- Kristi DesJarlais becomes SVP and GM at Saxum
- Jason Wyrick rises to VP of digital platforms at Starz
- Brad Dunn becomes chief digital officer at Athlon Media Group/Parade
- Jazmine Hughes becomes associate digital editor at NY Times Magazine
- Steele Marcoux becomes editor at Coastal Living
- Erantzeri Corona becomes VP of marketing at MoviePass
- Zendaya hosting the Radio Disney Music Awards
- Rex Linn joins the cast of ABC's 'Nashville'
- Chris McDonald replaces James Caan in Fox's 'Fantasy Life'
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Media planner/buyer position in Columbia, SC
Media planner/buyer job in Summit, NJ
Job opening: Next president of TAB
Digital media buyer job in Salt Lake City
TV media buyer wanted in New York