CBS keeping ‘Golden Boy’ on Tuesdays
March 7, 2013
CBS has given a vote of confidence to “Golden Boy” and one of significantly less confidence to “Vegas.”
The network has decided to keep “Boy” in the Tuesday 10 p.m. timeslot, where it aired a two-episode tryout over the past two weeks, instead of moving the show to Fridays, where it was scheduled to air at 9 p.m.
Instead, “Vegas,” which had occupied the 10 p.m. Tuesday hour, will move to the Friday slot starting April 5.
It’s a sign that CBS sees more promise in “Boy,” which averaged a 1.7 adults 18-49 rating in two outings, than “Vegas,” which has drawn the same rating.
“Vegas” bowed to good numbers last fall but slid sharply since then, and its chances of renewal have declined because of it. Still, if the show can maintain its audience on Friday, it could get a second season.
CBS has struggled at 9 p.m. on Friday this season, where “Made in Jersey” and “CSI: NY” have both drawn low ratings.
Rachel, I don’t think my boss likes me
So, what’s your take on Fox-Time Warner?
Best tube bets this weekend
Cable overnights: A surge for ‘Suits’
Washington Post: Iran detained our reporter
Ahhh, a little light mooding for ‘Sharknado 2′
Study: Good Twitter buzz can really lift a movie
More rumors about ‘Meet the Press’ host
A night of ups and downs for broadcast
Two more summer shows get the axe
St. Louis: Picking up after a slow start
‘Married,’ funny, yes. Deep? No.
For Fox, extra helpings of chef Ramsay
- CBS Outdoor president and COO Wally Kelly exiting
- Matt Miller becomes ECD at BBDO San Francisco
- Drew Brown becomes SVP of production at AMC
- Denise Vance rises to head of U.S. video and radio at the AP
- Josh Topolsky becomes an online editor at Bloomberg
- David Rubin becomes head of brand at Pinterest
- Amie Deutch becomes publisher at Tasting Table
- Caroline Sheu becomes chief marketing officer at Care.com
- Paul Burden becomes SVP of sales at XAPPmedia
- Maude Apatow guesting on HBO's 'Girls'
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Digital media planner position in Austin
Media planning supervisor job in New York
Digital media planner opening in Chicago
Assistant media buyer job in Iowa City
Media strategist position in Stamford