CBS keeping ‘Golden Boy’ on Tuesdays
March 7, 2013
CBS has given a vote of confidence to “Golden Boy” and one of significantly less confidence to “Vegas.”
The network has decided to keep “Boy” in the Tuesday 10 p.m. timeslot, where it aired a two-episode tryout over the past two weeks, instead of moving the show to Fridays, where it was scheduled to air at 9 p.m.
Instead, “Vegas,” which had occupied the 10 p.m. Tuesday hour, will move to the Friday slot starting April 5.
It’s a sign that CBS sees more promise in “Boy,” which averaged a 1.7 adults 18-49 rating in two outings, than “Vegas,” which has drawn the same rating.
“Vegas” bowed to good numbers last fall but slid sharply since then, and its chances of renewal have declined because of it. Still, if the show can maintain its audience on Friday, it could get a second season.
CBS has struggled at 9 p.m. on Friday this season, where “Made in Jersey” and “CSI: NY” have both drawn low ratings.
Small bump for Thursday ‘Big Brother’
Programming blog: Latest pickups and cancellations
Real loser in digital ads surge: TV
Millennials barely watch regular TV
‘Wet Hot American Summer,’ better
Rachel, I just got a counter offer. Advice?
Tell us your thoughts on radio
Weekend TV: Degrassi kids graduate
Cable overnights: ‘Dance’ improves slot
Coverup: Cosmo going under wraps
Nielsen examines Jen and Ben and Jen
Study: Tube time really adds up over the years
NBC dominates with ‘Talent’ special
- Andrea Gustafson becomes design director at Havas Worldwide
- Tim Dingersen and Morgan Leykam join Reason2Be
- Danielle Maged becomes EVP of partnerships at Fox Networks
- Margaret de Streel rises to international editor at Wall Street Journal
- Arthur Gregg Sulzberger rises to associate editor at The NY Times
- Alex Berkett becomes SVP of corporate development at Viacom
- David O’Connell rises to EVP of production management at NBCU
- John Cook becomes acting executive editor at Gawker
- Vicky Ward and David Bouley join Town & Country
- Scott Nelson becomes head of Viber North America
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Assistant media planner job in Atlanta
Local marketing specialist wanted in Greensboro
Part-time media buyer job in Lake Bluff, Illinois
Media buyer/planner wanted in Louisville
Assistant media planner opening in Atlanta