CBS keeping ‘Golden Boy’ on Tuesdays
March 7, 2013
CBS has given a vote of confidence to “Golden Boy” and one of significantly less confidence to “Vegas.”
The network has decided to keep “Boy” in the Tuesday 10 p.m. timeslot, where it aired a two-episode tryout over the past two weeks, instead of moving the show to Fridays, where it was scheduled to air at 9 p.m.
Instead, “Vegas,” which had occupied the 10 p.m. Tuesday hour, will move to the Friday slot starting April 5.
It’s a sign that CBS sees more promise in “Boy,” which averaged a 1.7 adults 18-49 rating in two outings, than “Vegas,” which has drawn the same rating.
“Vegas” bowed to good numbers last fall but slid sharply since then, and its chances of renewal have declined because of it. Still, if the show can maintain its audience on Friday, it could get a second season.
CBS has struggled at 9 p.m. on Friday this season, where “Made in Jersey” and “CSI: NY” have both drawn low ratings.
ABC’s ‘Scandal’ surges to record finale
Fox wins a Wednesday littered with reruns
Philly: Auto driving big TV dollars
Defining the big issues in digital video
A stunt that goes over the rainbow
‘Salem,’ this witches’ brew boils over
Tell us, what’s your forecast for the upfront?
Best tube bets this weekend
Tuesday cable overnights: Solid start for ‘Fargo’
NBCU: We’re ramping up digital content
‘Divorce Court’ up 24 percent this season
Pivot upfront: Four new shows on the way
ABC’s ‘S.H.I.E.L.D.’ grows in later timeslot
- Sarah Amatuzio becomes VP and creative director at Alcone
- Tim Nolan becomes group creative director at Huge
- Jonathan Kim rises to digital engineering director at Media Kitchen
- Anand Kini rises to EVP of strategy at NBCUniversal
- Meaghan B. Murphy becomes executive editor at Good Housekeeping
- Mary Jeanne Cavanagh becomes EVP of ad sales at BabyFirst
- Steve McEvoy becomes VP of advertising sales at PageScience
- Howard Schneider becomes Federal Reserve reporter at Reuters
- Former 'The View' co-hosts returning to honor Barbara Walters
- Brad Paisley guesting on CBS's 'Two and a Half Men'
- MSNBC personality Lawrence O'Donnell injured in car accident
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
Media planner/buyer opening in Des Moines
Media planner/buyer opening in Austin
Online media buyer position in Provo, Utah
Digital media planner/buyer job in Minneapolis
Senior media planner job in Dallas/Fort Worth