CBS keeping ‘Golden Boy’ on Tuesdays
March 7, 2013
CBS has given a vote of confidence to “Golden Boy” and one of significantly less confidence to “Vegas.”
The network has decided to keep “Boy” in the Tuesday 10 p.m. timeslot, where it aired a two-episode tryout over the past two weeks, instead of moving the show to Fridays, where it was scheduled to air at 9 p.m.
Instead, “Vegas,” which had occupied the 10 p.m. Tuesday hour, will move to the Friday slot starting April 5.
It’s a sign that CBS sees more promise in “Boy,” which averaged a 1.7 adults 18-49 rating in two outings, than “Vegas,” which has drawn the same rating.
“Vegas” bowed to good numbers last fall but slid sharply since then, and its chances of renewal have declined because of it. Still, if the show can maintain its audience on Friday, it could get a second season.
CBS has struggled at 9 p.m. on Friday this season, where “Made in Jersey” and “CSI: NY” have both drawn low ratings.
TLC yanks ’19 Kids and Counting’
‘Late Show’ finale hits 21-year high
‘Modern Family’ falls to low in finale
Once again, ABC wins May sweep
This fall’s five big timeslot battles
Oh my! There goes Marilyn’s skirt.
‘Late Show With David Letterman,’ bravo
Tell us, how do you rate the fall lineups?
Weekend TV: Indy 500 revs up
Cable overnights: NBA stays hot
Fun facts about the Indy 500
Buyouts coming at Wall Street Journal
A record season for Telemundo
- Twelve join California agency David&Goliath
- Ellie Duque becomes publisher at Entertainment Weekly
- CBS Entertainment EVP of comedy Wendi Trilling exiting
- New York Times chief information officer Marc Frons exiting
- Marjorie Miller rises to director of global news at the Associated Press
- Melissa Bell rises to VP of growth and analytics at Vox Media
- Josh Swade becomes executive producer for film and video at Rolling Stone
- Jessica Lussenhop becomes senior writer at BBC News Magazine
- Emily Banks becomes deputy mobile editor at Bloomberg Digital
This week’s younger viewer ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
Media buyer/planner wanted in Louisville
Display media planner opening in Chicago
Media planner/buyer opening in Omaha
Assistant media planner wanted in Atlanta
Media buyer wanted in Pittsburgh