CBS drops ‘Glass House’ lawsuit against ABC
August 20, 2012
Apparently there's little reason to pursue a copyright infringement case against a show that flopped.
On Friday CBS dropped its lawsuit against ABC over the reality program "The Glass House," which it had charged with copycatting the long-running CBS summer hit "Big Brother."
Both shows feature contestants living together and engaging in challenges as they compete for a prize.
CBS filed suit in May and had attempted to have the show's debut blocked, but a judge ruled against the network.
Not every element of the case has been abandoned, however. CBS will still pursue claims in private arbitration against several of the show's producers who had previously worked on "Brother," saying they violated confidentiality agreements by working on "Glass."
"House" is one of summer's lowest-rated programs on the Big Four, averaging a mere 0.7 adults 18-49 rating last Monday, according to Nielsen.
"The viewers have spoken and delivered the ultimate form of justice against 'The Glass House,'" said a statement released Friday by CBS.
Another series low for ‘American Idol’
‘Duck’ flies higher after season low
Disney Interactive chops 700 jobs
NBC’s dilemma: Whither ‘Community’?
‘Late Night With Seth Meyers,’ go to bed
Rachel, I’ve been stuck bigtime by co-workers
‘Resurrection,’ it’s got a shot
Tell us, are you happy with your salary?
Best tube bets this weekend
Shocker: Isaiah Washington back on ‘Grey’s’
ABC, CBS and Fox bounce back on Wednesday
RJ Palmer, Varick and TargetCast merge into Assembly
Pew: Pope’s getting good buzz on Twitter
- Heather Sandford becomes digital media manager at Ad Partners
- Martin Mohr becomes creative director at TBWA\Chiat\Day
- Carlos Sanchez becomes EVP and GM at Fox Deportes
- Greg Daniel, Laura Nelson, Saul Rosenberg and Marcy Shinder join Nielsen
- Liz Coddington and Melissa Stein join Adara Global
- Akiba Solomon becomes editorial director at Colorlines
- Matthew Galkin rises to partner at Warrior Poets
- Carlos Hermosillo joins Telemundo's sportscasting team
- Brooke Burke-Charvet guesting on ABC Family's 'Melissa & Joey'
- Gabriel Luna starring in El Rey Network's 'Matador'
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Senior planner/buyer opening in Daytona Beach
Media coordinator job in Anchroage
Media planner opening in San Francisco
Media planner/buyer opening in Ancorage
Online marketing media buyer in Camas, Wash.