Carter Murray heading up DraftFCB
March 7, 2013
DraftFCB Worldwide is calling on an outsider to help it get back on track following a number of high-profile client losses last year.
The agency has hired Carter Murray as its new chief executive.
Murray had been president and chief executive of Y&R, a division of WPP, for the past year. He has also worked for Leo Burnett Worldwide and Publicis Worldwide.
Murray replaces Laurence Boschetto, DraftFCB’s chief executive for the past four years.
Boschetto fell out of favor after DraftFCB lost clients including S.S. Johnson & Son and MillerCoors. He will remain at the agency for a transition period and then become a senior adviser to Interpublic Groups, DraftFCB’s parent company.
The New York Times reports that some candidates identified by Interpublic weren’t even interested in being interviewed.
Cable overnights: Postseason MLB draws a crowd
Adios, ‘Utopia:’ Fox yanks show’s Tuesday edition
DirecTV hangs on to NFL Sunday Ticket
Where’s the hope for magazines? Mobile.
PBS and CBS lead News & Documentary Emmys
Paper cuts: The New York Times chops jobs
NBC’s ‘Voice’ dominates another Tuesday night
NBC wins premiere week, yet again
A promising postseason for MLB
Here it is, big talk on Advertising Week
‘Bad Judge,’ just all around way bad
On ‘Minds,’ new face for an aging show
FCC spikes the NFL blackout rule
- C. Brett Marottoli rises to VP of program acquisitions at Starz
- E! president Suzanne Kolb exits the network
- Sandy Alouete rises to SVP of talent and music programming at VH1
- Jack Foley becomes VP of business development at Westwood One
- Marie Joshi becomes director of strategic partnerships at Adaptly
- Liane Pierce becomes VP of client services at Yieldbot
- Stephanie Pilon becomes head of UK sales at adjust
- Ryan Hansen guesting on CW's upcoming 'iZombie'
- Soap opera writer Sam Hall dies at age 93
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Senior media buyer job in Los Angeles
Media assistant position in Boise, Idaho
Online media buyer position in San Francisco
Senior media planner/buyer job in Des Moines
Needed: Inside multimedia sales rep in Mass.