Carter Murray heading up DraftFCB
March 7, 2013
DraftFCB Worldwide is calling on an outsider to help it get back on track following a number of high-profile client losses last year.
The agency has hired Carter Murray as its new chief executive.
Murray had been president and chief executive of Y&R, a division of WPP, for the past year. He has also worked for Leo Burnett Worldwide and Publicis Worldwide.
Murray replaces Laurence Boschetto, DraftFCB’s chief executive for the past four years.
Boschetto fell out of favor after DraftFCB lost clients including S.S. Johnson & Son and MillerCoors. He will remain at the agency for a transition period and then become a senior adviser to Interpublic Groups, DraftFCB’s parent company.
The New York Times reports that some candidates identified by Interpublic weren’t even interested in being interviewed.
Bruce Jenner interview draws 16.9 million
‘Grey’s Anatomy’ grows with plot twist
Why the Empire State Building is red
Comcast confirms: TWC deal is dead
Nielsen: Cord cutting’s no big deal
Washington, D.C.: TV remains strong
‘Happyish,’ happyish in spite of itself
Rachel, this rep’s driving me bonkers
So, what network will win May sweeps?
Weekend TV: Sweeps stunts & sports
Cable overnights: MTV’s ‘Catfish’ surges
Ovation upfront: Eying consistency
ABC and CBS tie for No. 1 on Wednesday
- Patty Jones, Michelle Kitchen and Melanie Johnston rise at DDB Canada
- Jamie Horowitz becomes president at Fox Sports National Networks
- Three rise to SVPs of advertising at The New York Times
- Ariff Sidi becomes SVP of digital products at Fox
- Tuwisha Rogers becomes VP of brand leadership at One Solution
- Bill Siwicki becomes VP of mobile strategy at GPShopper
- Edward D. Ciofani becomes CEO at WhereverTV Broadcasting
- Franz Drameh joins the cast of CW's 'Arrow' and "Flash' spinoff
- Ray Romano hosting David Letterman primetime special
This week’s younger viewer ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
Assistant media planner wanted in San Francisco
Media planner position open in Charlotte
Media planner and content manager opportunity
Agency sales opening in Mt. Pleasant, SC
Freelance senior media planner job in Seattle