Carter Murray heading up DraftFCB
March 7, 2013
DraftFCB Worldwide is calling on an outsider to help it get back on track following a number of high-profile client losses last year.
The agency has hired Carter Murray as its new chief executive.
Murray had been president and chief executive of Y&R, a division of WPP, for the past year. He has also worked for Leo Burnett Worldwide and Publicis Worldwide.
Murray replaces Laurence Boschetto, DraftFCB’s chief executive for the past four years.
Boschetto fell out of favor after DraftFCB lost clients including S.S. Johnson & Son and MillerCoors. He will remain at the agency for a transition period and then become a senior adviser to Interpublic Groups, DraftFCB’s parent company.
The New York Times reports that some candidates identified by Interpublic weren’t even interested in being interviewed.
‘The Simpsons’ receives another boost from the NFL
ABC’s ‘This Week’ posting best numbers in 15 years
NFL scores with Sunday playoffs rising to new heights
Study: Couples who post happy pictures may be unhappy
TV programming blog: All the cancellations and renewals
NBC holds steady among 18-49s on Thursday
TV trend that won’t go away: Revivals and reboots
Best of the best: Your weekend media reading list
As a new year begins, Rachel takes a look back
Tell us: What will be the big media stories of 2017?
The rescue of Univision: Chance to get back its mojo
Weekend TV: ‘The Young Pope’ bows on HBO
That time C-SPAN started broadcasting in Russian
- Sara Frucci and Rachel Regan join Young & Laramore
- Evelyn Webster becomes interim CEO at Guardian U.S.
- Wolfgang Blau and Albert Read rise at Condé Nast
- Mike Keller becomes strategic account manager at QuickShift
- Sarah Cristobal becomes executive features director at InStyle
- Corey Lewandowski joins One America News Network
- Kevin Hart producing History's 'The Black Man’s Guide to History'
- Mike Greenberg starring in new ESPN morning show
- Boomer Esiason and Daniela Ruah hosting CBS's 'Super Bowl Greatest Commercials'
- Dakota Fanning joins TNT's 'The Alienist'
- Giancarlo Esposito joins AMC's 'Better Call Saul'
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top-rated movies, songs and books
This month’s digital traffic data: November 2016
This week’s daypart ratings
Orlando agency looking for a media planner/buyer
Freelance media planner/buyer available
Junior media planner/buyer position in Minneapolis-St. Paul
Media sales coordinator opening in New York
Freelance media buyer available