Carter Murray heading up DraftFCB
March 7, 2013
DraftFCB Worldwide is calling on an outsider to help it get back on track following a number of high-profile client losses last year.
The agency has hired Carter Murray as its new chief executive.
Murray had been president and chief executive of Y&R, a division of WPP, for the past year. He has also worked for Leo Burnett Worldwide and Publicis Worldwide.
Murray replaces Laurence Boschetto, DraftFCB’s chief executive for the past four years.
Boschetto fell out of favor after DraftFCB lost clients including S.S. Johnson & Son and MillerCoors. He will remain at the agency for a transition period and then become a senior adviser to Interpublic Groups, DraftFCB’s parent company.
The New York Times reports that some candidates identified by Interpublic weren’t even interested in being interviewed.
‘American Idol’ finale takes a big dive
CBS upfront analysis: Cruising at full speed
ESPN snags U.S. Open rights away from CBS
NBC: We’re seeing record Olympics ad sales
CW upfront leftovers: Comedy in the wings
Carell returns for ‘The Office’ finale
For the CW, changes on every night
‘Does Someone Have to Go?,’ yikes
For USA, a new focus on laughs
Imagine, a crowdfunded newspaper
Best tube bets this weekend
So, how will the upfront shake out?
Fox wins night but part one of ‘Idol’ finale fades
- Chris Newport and Soyoung Kim join Billups Worldwide
- Melanie Hughes becomes EVP of human resources at Tribune
- Ben Widdicombe becomes contributing editor at The New York Observer
- Jennifer Lopez becomes CCO at NUVOtv
- Jason Shafton becomes VP of brand marketing at Comedy Central
- Clifford S. Harris rises to SVP of law and programming at Cablevision
- Steve Sinicropi becomes VP and market manager at Entercom
- Bob Pares becomes EVP of sales development at NewMediaMetrics
- Matthew Zeitlin becomes economics and finance reporter at BuzzFeed
- Nick Cannon leaving his syndicated radio show
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Associate media director in New York
Digital media planner opening in Boston
Assistant media planner in Jacksonville, Fla.
Digital media specialist job in Austin
Opening: New business director for West Coast