Carter Murray heading up DraftFCB
March 7, 2013
DraftFCB Worldwide is calling on an outsider to help it get back on track following a number of high-profile client losses last year.
The agency has hired Carter Murray as its new chief executive.
Murray had been president and chief executive of Y&R, a division of WPP, for the past year. He has also worked for Leo Burnett Worldwide and Publicis Worldwide.
Murray replaces Laurence Boschetto, DraftFCB’s chief executive for the past four years.
Boschetto fell out of favor after DraftFCB lost clients including S.S. Johnson & Son and MillerCoors. He will remain at the agency for a transition period and then become a senior adviser to Interpublic Groups, DraftFCB’s parent company.
The New York Times reports that some candidates identified by Interpublic weren’t even interested in being interviewed.
A catalog of Donald Trump’s many Twitter insults
Nielsen: We’ll use PPMs to measure OOH TV viewing
Football overrun lifts CBS’s Sunday lineup
Programming blog: What’s canceled and renewed
Cubs clincher sets a record for Fox Sports 1
The high cost of this vitriolic election on our nation
For ESPN2, targeting a new type of sports viewer
New way to use beacons: Passing on lifestyle tips
What the AT&T-Time Warner deal means for media
Tell us, what is the future of digital radio?
It’s here: Media Life’s new sports newsletter
The broad family sitcom lives on at CBS
ABC’s ‘Shark Tank’ returns to the top on Friday
- Michael Gross becomes editor in chief at Avenue
- Scott Mayerowitz rises at the Associated Press
- Joshua Mann becomes energy reporter at the Houston Business Journal
- Michelle Iracheta joins the Yakima Herald-Republic
- Carol Burnett starring in a comedy pilot
- Vine Star King Bach joining Fox comedy pilot
- Liz Kruger and Craig Shapiro team up for CBS summer show
- Michael Stahl-David and Matt Whelan become regulars on ‘Narcos’
- Patricia Clarkson and Campbell Scott join ‘House of Cards’
- David Bunnell, founder of PC Magazine and PC World, dies at 69
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top-rated movies, songs and books
This month’s digital traffic data: August 2016
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
Search and analytics manager job in Columbus
Stamford agency needs a mass media manager
Media traffic specialist position in Stamford
Wanted: Cross channel media reporting analyst
Media research analyst opening in Stamford