Carter Murray heading up DraftFCB
March 7, 2013
DraftFCB Worldwide is calling on an outsider to help it get back on track following a number of high-profile client losses last year.
The agency has hired Carter Murray as its new chief executive.
Murray had been president and chief executive of Y&R, a division of WPP, for the past year. He has also worked for Leo Burnett Worldwide and Publicis Worldwide.
Murray replaces Laurence Boschetto, DraftFCB’s chief executive for the past four years.
Boschetto fell out of favor after DraftFCB lost clients including S.S. Johnson & Son and MillerCoors. He will remain at the agency for a transition period and then become a senior adviser to Interpublic Groups, DraftFCB’s parent company.
The New York Times reports that some candidates identified by Interpublic weren’t even interested in being interviewed.
A night of declines for broadcast
Early takeaways from the TV season
Fact, is, people still trust advertising
‘Dr. Ken,’ a malady with no known cure
Catch the next big wave: Hispanic media
Rachel, I said awful things to a client
Weekend TV: A slew of premieres
Josh Tyrangiel exiting Businessweek
TiVo’s new DVR skips whole ad breaks
Google: We’re guaranteeing viewability
‘Empire’ week two: Down but still strong
Nielsen: Total audience ratings by year’s end
New from YouTube, shop from ads
- Brad Dancer rises to EVP of programming at National Geographic Channels
- Susie Fitzgerald rises to scripted EVP at AMC/SundanceTV
- Jon Slusser rises to SVP of sports and specials at Spike TV
- Stephen Pope rises to editor in chief at Flying magazine
- David Chavern becomes president and CEO at the NAA
- Jason Shugars becomes SVP of partnerships at ROKT
- CNBC names six moderators for Oct. 28 GOP debate
- Peter Gadiot joins USA's 'Queen of the South'
- David Schwimmer joins UK comedy 'Morning Has Broken'
- Kelli Williams and Rob Morrow join ABC Family's 'The Fosters'
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Digital media planner opening in Seattle
Paid social media planner wanted in McLean, Virginia
Assistant OOH strategist position in New York
Media planner wanted in Philadelphia
Media buyer coordinator opening in New Haven