Carter Murray heading up DraftFCB
March 7, 2013
DraftFCB Worldwide is calling on an outsider to help it get back on track following a number of high-profile client losses last year.
The agency has hired Carter Murray as its new chief executive.
Murray had been president and chief executive of Y&R, a division of WPP, for the past year. He has also worked for Leo Burnett Worldwide and Publicis Worldwide.
Murray replaces Laurence Boschetto, DraftFCB’s chief executive for the past four years.
Boschetto fell out of favor after DraftFCB lost clients including S.S. Johnson & Son and MillerCoors. He will remain at the agency for a transition period and then become a senior adviser to Interpublic Groups, DraftFCB’s parent company.
The New York Times reports that some candidates identified by Interpublic weren’t even interested in being interviewed.
St. Louis: Picking up after a slow start
Won’t you help Jon Stewart buy CNN?
Huge management shakeup at Conde Nast
Lukewarm debut for NBC’s ‘Food Fighters’
This summer’s winners and losers
The future for Forbes and other business titles
Swing and a miss for the British Open
‘Manhattan,’ not a bomb but little spark
So, what’s your take on Fox-Time Warner?
For Lifetime, heels kicking up high
Cable overnights: ‘Hip Hop’ jumps on VH1
How many subscribers did Aereo have, anyway?
Right now at Comic-Con: PETA’s latest work
- Shoshana Winter becomes executive planning director at mcgarrybowen
- Danna Castiglia rises to VP of business development at CBS News
- Tim Pastore becomes programming president at National Geographic Channel
- Bill Cox and Walter Naar join Grit and Escape
- Nick Catucci becomes features editor at Billboard
- Paul Cushman becomes chief revenue officer at Dstillery
- Michelle Fairley joins the cast of ABC's 'Resurrection'
- Shemar Moore returning to CBS's 'Young and the Restless'
- Lucy Lawless joins ABC's 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.'
- Cast of 'Orange is the New Black' guesting on TBS's 'Conan'
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Digital media planner position in Austin
Media planning supervisor job in New York
Digital media planner opening in Chicago
Assistant media buyer job in Iowa City
Media strategist position in Stamford