Carter Murray heading up DraftFCB
March 7, 2013
DraftFCB Worldwide is calling on an outsider to help it get back on track following a number of high-profile client losses last year.
The agency has hired Carter Murray as its new chief executive.
Murray had been president and chief executive of Y&R, a division of WPP, for the past year. He has also worked for Leo Burnett Worldwide and Publicis Worldwide.
Murray replaces Laurence Boschetto, DraftFCB’s chief executive for the past four years.
Boschetto fell out of favor after DraftFCB lost clients including S.S. Johnson & Son and MillerCoors. He will remain at the agency for a transition period and then become a senior adviser to Interpublic Groups, DraftFCB’s parent company.
The New York Times reports that some candidates identified by Interpublic weren’t even interested in being interviewed.
No new shows have been axed. Why?
Rachel, I’ve gone years with no raise
Best tube bets this weekend
Tell us, what’s your take on Martha Stewart?
World Series viewership rises in Game 2
Behind AMC’s decision to buy into BBC America
Final cable upfront tally: Down from last year
There goes ‘Honey Boo Boo?’ Show may be done.
FCC: Media mega-mergers are on hold
Competition holds up against World Series
Ben Bradlee, in other people’s words
How the MRC investigates snafus
New York City: TV is suddenly tight
- Matt Herrmann becomes CSO at Pereira & O’Dell
- Jeff Maldavir rises to VP of client services at Millennium Communications
- Peter Lattman rises to deputy business editor at The NY Times
- Boris Gartner becomes chief strategy officer at Fusion
- Paul Greenberg becomes CEO at Nylon Media
- Andrew Horlick rises to VP of sales at Bidtellect
- Courtney Love joins the cast of Fox's 'Empire’
- Steve Coogan replacing late Philip Seymour Hoffman in Showtime's 'Happyish'
- Michelle Trachtenberg guesting on Fox's 'Sleepy Hollow'
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Media freelancer available for all markets
Media buyer job in Syracuse
Assistant media planner/buyer wanted in Austin
Digital media buyer/planner job in Norcross, Georgia
Associate media planner wanted in Chicago