Carter Murray heading up DraftFCB
March 7, 2013
DraftFCB Worldwide is calling on an outsider to help it get back on track following a number of high-profile client losses last year.
The agency has hired Carter Murray as its new chief executive.
Murray had been president and chief executive of Y&R, a division of WPP, for the past year. He has also worked for Leo Burnett Worldwide and Publicis Worldwide.
Murray replaces Laurence Boschetto, DraftFCB’s chief executive for the past four years.
Boschetto fell out of favor after DraftFCB lost clients including S.S. Johnson & Son and MillerCoors. He will remain at the agency for a transition period and then become a senior adviser to Interpublic Groups, DraftFCB’s parent company.
The New York Times reports that some candidates identified by Interpublic weren’t even interested in being interviewed.
For TV, hitching on to new technology
Green Monday lives up to its name online
Goodbye, Bio channel, and hello to FYI
Cable overnights: ‘Sons’ closes season strong
For magazines, moving beyond print and digital
The five best Christmas specials
Why the bright outlook for local advertising
Real-time buying: Media’s next revolution
An early look at the Heisman favorite
Study: Millennials aren’t glued to smartphones
‘Victoria’s Secret’ struts to third-biggest crowd
Time’s person of the year: Pope Francis
CBS: Our streaming audience has soared
- Myles Kellam becomes director of client development at LevLane
- Elizabeth Tumulty rises to president of affiliate relations at CBS
- Bear Fisher becomes SVP of marketing at NBCUniversal
- Vernon Loeb becomes managing editor at The Houston Chronicle
- Jennie Morris and Jerry Blake join cable network Pivot
- Jeff Sottolano becomes director of programming at CBS Radio
- Four join online ad technology company Rubicon Project
- Bette Midler producing and starring in HBO's 'Mae West'
- Megan Mullally guesting on NBC's 'Sean Saves the World'
- Kevin Pollak joins CBS's comedy 'Mom'
- Dann Florek leaving NBC's 'Law & Order: SVU'
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Senior media planner opening in New York
Senior media buyer and planner in Denver
Programmatic media director in Chicago
Senior media planner position in Calgaray
Senior media planner in Midtown Manhattan