‘Car Talk’ tops games and hobbies podcasts
January 9, 2017
The “Car Talk” podcast from NPR tops iTunes’ games and hobbies category for the week ended Jan. 9, showing the enduring popularity of the long-running call in show.
“Car Talk” is actually a best-of podcast, highlighting some of the best and funniest episodes from the series’ history. The show began in 1977 and went national in 1987, running until hosts Tom and Ray Magliozzi retired in 2012.
Also hot: Video gaming podcasts
Among the rest of the top 10 games and hobbies podcasts, video games rule. The “CoolGames Inc” podcast from gaming site Polygon came in at No. 2 on the most recent chart from iTunes.
Elsewhere, fellow video game site IGN has three podcasts in the top 10. Its “Game Scoop!” podcast came in at No. 3, while “Nintendo Voice Chat” was at No. 7 and “Podcast Beyond” at No. 8.
Finally, the “Kinda Funny Gamecast” was at No. 4 for the week. The weekly podcast features Tim Gettys, Greg Miller and Colin Moriarty talking about the latest happenings in the video games industry.
Top 10 Games and Hobbies Podcasts
Courtesy of iTunes
1. NPR – Car Talk
2. Polygon – CoolGames Inc.
3. IGN Staff – Game Scoop!
4. Giant Bombcast
5. Kinda Funny Gamecast
6. Dude Soup
7. IGN Staff – Nintendo Voice Chat
8. IGN Staff – Podcast Beyond
9. Kinda Funny – PS I Love You XOXO
10. Hahaas Comedy Ringtones – ! iPhone Ringtones
New York leads the Ellie nominations, once again
CBS’s ‘Hunted’: Little hope of sustaining its big bow
Best of the week: On the origins of fake news
In this digital age, the allure of alternative OOH
Digital radio: A primer for media planners and buyers
Weekend TV: ‘Beaches’ for a new generation
Cable overnights: Good start for ‘Six’ on History
Warriors-Cavs sets three-year high on TNT
The rundown on media coverage of the inauguration
New sitcom ‘Speechless’ tops a slow Wednesday
Puzzling out Carlos Slim’s bold U.S. ambitions
TV programming blog: All the cancellations and renewals
This week’s broadcast ratings
- Michael Lieberman becomes CSO at Kinetic Worldwide
- Ryan Haskins becomes director of media at Figliulo&Partners
- Deborah Furey becomes SVP of strategy at Wunderman Health
- Martin McDonald becomes VP of strategic sales at V Digital Services
- Bob Johns becomes chief revenue officer at Big Outdoor
- Chris Brooks rises to EVP of distribution at CW
- Salil Mehta becomes president at FoxNext
- David Perpich becomes president and GM at The Wirecutter
- Jessica Sebor and Aaron Hersh rise at Competitor Group
- Jeff Hackett joins and Mike Owen rises at AdColony
- James Frain joins CBS All Access' 'Star Trek: Discovery'
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top-rated movies, songs and books
This month’s digital traffic data: November 2016
This week’s daypart ratings
Opening for a media planner at a top OOH agency
Orlando agency looking for a media planner/buyer
Freelance media planner/buyer available
Junior media planner/buyer position in Minneapolis-St. Paul
Media sales coordinator opening in New York