Cable overnights: ‘Manhattan’ bows to 900,000
July 28, 2014
“Manhattan” is clearly no “Salem,” but WGN’s second original drama bowed to decent ratings Sunday night.
The new show averaged 900,000 total viewers in its 9 p.m. timeslot, according to Nielsen overnights, short of the 1.5 million who watched “Salem’s” debut in April.
It more than tripled WGN’s usual timeslot audience among adults 18-49 with 233,000 viewers.
“Manhattan” got another 900,000 viewers through two more airings through the night and a unique rollout strategy through which the premiere aired on 33 Tribune-owned stations in primetime Sunday night.
That gave the show a total of 1.8 million viewers and 459,000 adults 18-49 through the night.
NFL preseason pushes NBC to first on Thursday
This summer, more digital backlash
Columbus: Political’s hot. Everything else is not.
Rachel, I’m failing fast in my new job
The next wave: America’s Hispanics and the New America
Tell us, how’s Donald Trump’s campaign going?
Weekend TV: It’s the MTV Video Music Awards
Cable overnights: Fox News dominates Wednesday night
Salt Lake City remains top local Olympics market
Closing ceremony tumbles among Hispanic viewers
NBC runs primetime winning streak to 20 nights
Programming blog: What’s canceled and renewed
It could be that ESPN is ripe for a takedown
- Matthew Zaifert becomes creative director at 22squared
- James Klein and Jim Ayer join GPJ
- Erik McKinney and Erik Reponen rise at GPJ
- Dave Kalman becomes chief technology officer at HackerAgency
- Mitchell Harris and Mel Smith join RAIN
- Patsy Loris rises to EVP of news at Univision
- Chandar Pattabhiram rises to SVP and CMO at Marketo
- Tim Bock becomes SVP of production at dick clark productions
- Donovan McNabb, O.J. McDuffie and Ki-Jana Carter join beIN Sports
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top-rated movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s digital traffic data: June 2016
This month’s new media traffic data
Associate media planner wanted in Brooklyn
Senior media planner job in Dearborn, Michigan
Needed: Print media buyer in Chicago
Digital media buyer wanted in El Segundo
Media buyer wanted in Austin