Cable overnights: ‘Manhattan’ bows to 900,000
July 28, 2014
“Manhattan” is clearly no “Salem,” but WGN’s second original drama bowed to decent ratings Sunday night.
The new show averaged 900,000 total viewers in its 9 p.m. timeslot, according to Nielsen overnights, short of the 1.5 million who watched “Salem’s” debut in April.
It more than tripled WGN’s usual timeslot audience among adults 18-49 with 233,000 viewers.
“Manhattan” got another 900,000 viewers through two more airings through the night and a unique rollout strategy through which the premiere aired on 33 Tribune-owned stations in primetime Sunday night.
That gave the show a total of 1.8 million viewers and 459,000 adults 18-49 through the night.
ABC wins Friday night yet again
‘Face the Nation’ up with Schieffer adios
The word: TWC-Comcast is in doubt
Stunner: Univision axes ‘Sabado Gigante’
CBS wins for the third straight night
A la carte, kinda: Verizon’s new deal
Online video’s not getting the ad dollars
May’s most-anticipated sweeps stunts
‘Tatau,’ silliness in the South Pacific
Rachel, I’m thinking of going on my own
Weekend TV: The NBA playoffs tip off
Tell us, which bubble shows will survive?
Tops for OTT: Baltimore & Minneapolis
- Matt Baker becomes head of planning at JWT NY
- Kevin Amos and Dan Gbur becomes VPs at Brunner
- Mark Lopez becomes EVP and GM at Univision Digital
- Sara Morris becomes senior director of government affairs at iHeartMedia
- Meggan Crum becomes accessories director at InStyle
- Neil Versel, Thornton McEnery and Kathryn Rubino join Breaking Media
- Anand Subramanian becomes SVP of operations at Synacor
- Christina Cole joins the cast of USA's 'Suits'
- Four join the cast of AMC's upcoming adaptation 'The Night Manager'
- Dave Matthews Band performing on 'Legends on Letterman'
- NY Times reporter and editor Barbara Strauch dies at age 63
This week’s younger viewer ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
Agency sales opening in Mt. Pleasant, SC
Freelance senior media planner job in Seattle
Digital media planner wanted in Boston
Out-of-home specialist available for all markets
Media planner/buyer job in Raleigh