Cable overnights: ‘Manhattan’ bows to 900,000
July 28, 2014
“Manhattan” is clearly no “Salem,” but WGN’s second original drama bowed to decent ratings Sunday night.
The new show averaged 900,000 total viewers in its 9 p.m. timeslot, according to Nielsen overnights, short of the 1.5 million who watched “Salem’s” debut in April.
It more than tripled WGN’s usual timeslot audience among adults 18-49 with 233,000 viewers.
“Manhattan” got another 900,000 viewers through two more airings through the night and a unique rollout strategy through which the premiere aired on 33 Tribune-owned stations in primetime Sunday night.
That gave the show a total of 1.8 million viewers and 459,000 adults 18-49 through the night.
The latest: Bloomberg Pursuits folds print edition
Victoria’s Secret sashays to No. 1 on Monday night
Orlando is the best city to party in on New Year’s Eve
Dallas Cowboys’ latest win tops social media
Five ad spending trends to watch for next year
Pondering the future of troubled Pandora (cont’d.)
Here are the top cable channels among Millennials
Back from the dead, yes, it’s Paste magazine
Introducing Media Life’s Out of Home Premium
Honoring Jimmy V with good early-season matchups
Time’s up: The Apple Watch appears to be tanking.
‘This Is Us’ rises to broadcast’s top L+3 drama
The worldwide leader in ad blocking: Poland
- Robert Arrindell becomes programmatic director at Rouge Media
- Mark Andersen becomes group creative director at Colle+McVoy
- Stephen Mooallem becomes editor in chief at The Village Voice
- Bruce Perlmutter becomes SVP of production at Condé Nast Entertainment
- Julia Ioffe becomes foreign policy reporter at The Atlantic
- Yoel Flohr becomes SVP of franchise development at AMC
- Dorothy Crompton becomes VP of format licensing at Fox TV Distribution
- Steve Dennen becomes head of partnerships at Simmons Research
- Nick McCarthy becomes UK and EMEA managing director at Signal
- Alexandra Breckenridge joins NBC's 'This Is Us'
- Jimmy Kimmel hosting ABC's Academy Awards
This week’s top-rated movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s digital traffic data: August 2016
This month’s new media traffic data
SEO and SEM manager opening in Pittsburgh
Media supervisor opening in New York
Media buyer/planner position in Madison, WI
Cincinnati agency needs a senior media strategist (online)
Senior media buyer position in San Diego