Cable overnights: ‘Manhattan’ bows to 900,000
July 28, 2014
“Manhattan” is clearly no “Salem,” but WGN’s second original drama bowed to decent ratings Sunday night.
The new show averaged 900,000 total viewers in its 9 p.m. timeslot, according to Nielsen overnights, short of the 1.5 million who watched “Salem’s” debut in April.
It more than tripled WGN’s usual timeslot audience among adults 18-49 with 233,000 viewers.
“Manhattan” got another 900,000 viewers through two more airings through the night and a unique rollout strategy through which the premiere aired on 33 Tribune-owned stations in primetime Sunday night.
That gave the show a total of 1.8 million viewers and 459,000 adults 18-49 through the night.
TLC yanks ’19 Kids and Counting’
‘Late Show’ finale hits 21-year high
‘Modern Family’ falls to low in finale
Once again, ABC wins May sweep
This fall’s five big timeslot battles
Oh my! There goes Marilyn’s skirt.
‘Late Show With David Letterman,’ bravo
Tell us, how do you rate the fall lineups?
Weekend TV: Indy 500 revs up
Cable overnights: NBA stays hot
Fun facts about the Indy 500
Buyouts coming at Wall Street Journal
A record season for Telemundo
- Twelve join California agency David&Goliath
- Ellie Duque becomes publisher at Entertainment Weekly
- CBS Entertainment EVP of comedy Wendi Trilling exiting
- New York Times chief information officer Marc Frons exiting
- Marjorie Miller rises to director of global news at the Associated Press
- Melissa Bell rises to VP of growth and analytics at Vox Media
- Josh Swade becomes executive producer for film and video at Rolling Stone
- Jessica Lussenhop becomes senior writer at BBC News Magazine
- Emily Banks becomes deputy mobile editor at Bloomberg Digital
This week’s younger viewer ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
Media buyer/planner wanted in Louisville
Display media planner opening in Chicago
Media planner/buyer opening in Omaha
Assistant media planner wanted in Atlanta
Media buyer wanted in Pittsburgh