Cable overnights: ‘Manhattan’ bows to 900,000
July 28, 2014
“Manhattan” is clearly no “Salem,” but WGN’s second original drama bowed to decent ratings Sunday night.
The new show averaged 900,000 total viewers in its 9 p.m. timeslot, according to Nielsen overnights, short of the 1.5 million who watched “Salem’s” debut in April.
It more than tripled WGN’s usual timeslot audience among adults 18-49 with 233,000 viewers.
“Manhattan” got another 900,000 viewers through two more airings through the night and a unique rollout strategy through which the premiere aired on 33 Tribune-owned stations in primetime Sunday night.
That gave the show a total of 1.8 million viewers and 459,000 adults 18-49 through the night.
Readers: It will be a record Super Bowl
The rest of the best of the Super Bowl
‘Kids Baking Championship,’ what fun
Rachel, the stress from work is too much
Tell us your thoughts on Hispanic media
Best tube bets this weekend
Cable overnights: ‘Americans’ dips slightly
New from Snapchat, meet Discover
Survey: Native advertising will soar this year
Coming soon: Nick without the cable bill
Disney Junior planning Latin-inspired princess
‘Empire’ holds steady in fourth week
Havas combines two agencies into Helia
- Jeremy Gibney and Rob Esmudo join San Francisco agency Eleven
- Paul Pastor becomes EVP of network strategy at Discovery Channel
- Amy Hyland and Justin Nesci rise at Nickelodeon
- Pete Rumpel becomes chief sales officer at ABI Research
- Lincoln Lopez becomes VP and GM of social media at Univision
- Jim Lawson becomes regional manager at iHeartMedia
- John Reiss rises to executive producer at NBC's 'Meet the Press'
- Roberto Ruiz becomes news anchor at Azteca America
- Tyler James Williams joins CBS's 'Criminal Minds' spinoff
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Looking to fill a media planner job in Chicago
Senior media connections planner/buyer in Columbus
Assistant media buyer opening in San Francisco
Digital media buyer job in Minneapolis
Programmatic media planner wanted in New York