Cable overnights: ‘Manhattan’ bows to 900,000
July 28, 2014
“Manhattan” is clearly no “Salem,” but WGN’s second original drama bowed to decent ratings Sunday night.
The new show averaged 900,000 total viewers in its 9 p.m. timeslot, according to Nielsen overnights, short of the 1.5 million who watched “Salem’s” debut in April.
It more than tripled WGN’s usual timeslot audience among adults 18-49 with 233,000 viewers.
“Manhattan” got another 900,000 viewers through two more airings through the night and a unique rollout strategy through which the premiere aired on 33 Tribune-owned stations in primetime Sunday night.
That gave the show a total of 1.8 million viewers and 459,000 adults 18-49 through the night.
Uber to drivers: Please listen to Pandora
ABC’s premiere strategy: Rolling through October
NBC springs back ahead of ABC on Monday night
Set to soar: Programmatic TV advertising
The media we consume: What’s hot, what’s not
Upfront begins its chug to the finish line
The coming great shift in mobile advertising
America’s most patriotic brands: Jeep and Disney
Tell us, what’s your take on ad agency kickbacks?
For ‘Zoo,’ maintaining that animal instinct
Shocker: Global newspaper readership rises
Correction: Those 126 papers closed over a decade
Strong start for ABC’s Sunday game show block
- Matthieu Habra becomes head of Havas' new network Adcity
- Nils Leonard, Lucy Jameson and Natalie Graeme leave Grey London
- Roy Huhta becomes chief product officer at West Cary Group
- Sheryl Grigsby becomes GM at True Blue Media
- Starz CEO Chris Albrecht adds network president to his duties
- Keith Bradsher becomes Shanghai bureau chief at NY Times
- Nancy O’Dell hosting CBS's 'Boston Pops Fireworks Spectacular'
- Matthew Goode joins WGN America's 'Roadside Picnic'
- Freida Pinto joins the cast of Showtime's 'Guerrilla'
This week’s top-rated movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s digital traffic data: May 2016
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
Associate media director position in LA
Media assistant opening in Northern Virginia
Freelance broadcast planner/buyer available
Assistant media buyer job in Fort Worth
Needed in Louisville: In-house media buyer