Cable overnights: ‘Manhattan’ bows to 900,000
July 28, 2014
“Manhattan” is clearly no “Salem,” but WGN’s second original drama bowed to decent ratings Sunday night.
The new show averaged 900,000 total viewers in its 9 p.m. timeslot, according to Nielsen overnights, short of the 1.5 million who watched “Salem’s” debut in April.
It more than tripled WGN’s usual timeslot audience among adults 18-49 with 233,000 viewers.
“Manhattan” got another 900,000 viewers through two more airings through the night and a unique rollout strategy through which the premiere aired on 33 Tribune-owned stations in primetime Sunday night.
That gave the show a total of 1.8 million viewers and 459,000 adults 18-49 through the night.
‘Extant’ returns to a series low
Facebook monetizing booming videos
Record crowd turns out for semifinal win
What’s ailng the U. S. media economy
Dallas: TV builds on furniture spending
Wack job: A Donald Trump rantalogue
‘Hollywood Cycle,’ peddling to nowhere
Weekend TV: Women play for title
Cable overnights: ‘Haves’ hits a high
‘Avenida Brasil’ helps boost Telemundo
Microsoft eases out of display advertising
TV Land yanks ‘Dukes of Hazzard’
Okay start for new drama ‘Zoo’
- Chris Garbutt becomes global creative president at TBWA
- Steve Jun becomes CEO at INNOCEAN Worldwide Americas
- Jon Ruppel becomes creative director at Team One
- Karen Kaufman becomes managing partner at Gain Theory
- Clay Fisher becomes SVP of consumer marketing at The NY Times
- Merope Mills and Paul Lewis rise at Guardian U.S.
- Kurt Hoy becomes content strategy director at Bonnier Motorcycle Group
- Mike Zaneis becomes president and CEO at Trustworthy Accountability Group
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Part-time media buyer job in Lake Bluff, Illinois
Media buyer/planner wanted in Louisville
Assistant media planner opening in Atlanta
Media planner position in Minneapolis
Media buyer position in Sacramento