Cable overnights: ‘Manhattan’ bows to 900,000
July 28, 2014
“Manhattan” is clearly no “Salem,” but WGN’s second original drama bowed to decent ratings Sunday night.
The new show averaged 900,000 total viewers in its 9 p.m. timeslot, according to Nielsen overnights, short of the 1.5 million who watched “Salem’s” debut in April.
It more than tripled WGN’s usual timeslot audience among adults 18-49 with 233,000 viewers.
“Manhattan” got another 900,000 viewers through two more airings through the night and a unique rollout strategy through which the premiere aired on 33 Tribune-owned stations in primetime Sunday night.
That gave the show a total of 1.8 million viewers and 459,000 adults 18-49 through the night.
Huge surge for Sweet Sixteen games
Latest forecast for the upfront: Not good
Jon Swallen on the media economy
‘The Dovekeepers,’ a long four hours
Rachel, the interview did not go well
Tell us, what’s the state of late-night TV?
Best bets on TV this weekend 3.27.15
Cable overnights: ‘Catfish’ hooks a win
Social’s share of display ads is on the rise
Apple eyes a foray into streaming music
Alas, it’s farewell to ‘Downton Abbey’
A lackluster return for ‘American Idol’
Programming blog: Latest pickups and cancellations
- Kristi DesJarlais becomes SVP and GM at Saxum
- Jason Wyrick rises to VP of digital platforms at Starz
- Brad Dunn becomes chief digital officer at Athlon Media Group/Parade
- Jazmine Hughes becomes associate digital editor at NY Times Magazine
- Steele Marcoux becomes editor at Coastal Living
- Erantzeri Corona becomes VP of marketing at MoviePass
- Zendaya hosting the Radio Disney Music Awards
- Rex Linn joins the cast of ABC's 'Nashville'
- Chris McDonald replaces James Caan in Fox's 'Fantasy Life'
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Media planner/buyer position in Columbia, SC
Media planner/buyer job in Summit, NJ
Job opening: Next president of TAB
Digital media buyer job in Salt Lake City
TV media buyer wanted in New York