Cable overnights: ‘Manhattan’ bows to 900,000
July 28, 2014
“Manhattan” is clearly no “Salem,” but WGN’s second original drama bowed to decent ratings Sunday night.
The new show averaged 900,000 total viewers in its 9 p.m. timeslot, according to Nielsen overnights, short of the 1.5 million who watched “Salem’s” debut in April.
It more than tripled WGN’s usual timeslot audience among adults 18-49 with 233,000 viewers.
“Manhattan” got another 900,000 viewers through two more airings through the night and a unique rollout strategy through which the premiere aired on 33 Tribune-owned stations in primetime Sunday night.
That gave the show a total of 1.8 million viewers and 459,000 adults 18-49 through the night.
ABC wins fourth Thursday of sweeps
CBS remains on Dish Network, for now
Fox fills out its midseason schedule
A first look at the NewFronts schedule
Aereo is broke-o: Files for Chapter 11
And now, the new show scorecard
Hartford: TV is overrun with retail
‘Hello Ladies: The Movie,’ a bit better
Rachel, I’ve had enough of the bird
What will be the big media stories of 2015?
Best tube bets this weekend
Cable overnights: A win for the Spurs, and ESPN
‘Breaking Bad’ spinoff debuting in February
- Dan Connolly rises to CEO at LEVEL Studios
- Nick Neubeck becomes editorial creative director at Hearst Digital
- Anthony DeMaio rises to publisher at Slate
- Bill Duryea and Michael Kruse join Politico
- Jay Hultgren becomes senior director of sales at Tapad
- Brian Smith becomes COO at ThinkVine
- Merrin Dungey joins ABC's 'Once Upon a Time'
- Jennifer Hudson performing on CBS's 'A Home for the Holidays'
- Director Mike Nichols dies at age 83
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Media planning coordinator wanted in Miami
Digital media planner job in Salt Lake City
Media planner/buyer job in Madison, WI
Needed: Media buyer in Baton Rouge
Digital media planner jon in Norwalk, Connecticut