Cable overnights: ‘Manhattan’ bows to 900,000
July 28, 2014
“Manhattan” is clearly no “Salem,” but WGN’s second original drama bowed to decent ratings Sunday night.
The new show averaged 900,000 total viewers in its 9 p.m. timeslot, according to Nielsen overnights, short of the 1.5 million who watched “Salem’s” debut in April.
It more than tripled WGN’s usual timeslot audience among adults 18-49 with 233,000 viewers.
“Manhattan” got another 900,000 viewers through two more airings through the night and a unique rollout strategy through which the premiere aired on 33 Tribune-owned stations in primetime Sunday night.
That gave the show a total of 1.8 million viewers and 459,000 adults 18-49 through the night.
Trump: Pay up or I’ll drop this debate
Discovery’s new TV Everywhere service
‘Big Bang Theory’ delivers big DVR numbers
‘Bones’ stars sue Fox over profits
Patriots’ first loss a big win on Twitter
Solid numbers for ‘Superstore’ preview
Cyber Monday: What worked and what didn’t
Study: Brand loyalty key on Black Friday
Note to readers: We were hacked
Coming at you, the midseason premieres
Where mobile is failing: Big data
‘Wow, that’s a lotta Christmas trees!’
Programming blog: Latest pickups and cancellations
- Mary Lee Schneider becomes president and CEO at SG360
- Brittany Resnick becomes head of The Door's social media division
- Michelle Ronan Noteboom joins Amendola Communications
- Suzanne Kaufman and Christine Fontana join DGital Media
- Valerie Cabrera and Melissa Landau join AMC Studios
- Liana Huth becomes VP of programming innovation at Entercom
- Shannon Knoepke becomes market manager at CBS Radio
- Mike Woosley becomes chief operating officer at Lotame
- Rachel Nichols leaving CNN to return to ESPN
- Juanes and Trisha Yearwood join CBS's Frank Sinatra special
- TV news journalist Linda Ellerbee retiring
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Senior media planner opening in Boston
Assistant media planner job in Torrance, Calif.
Digital media planner opening in Seattle
Paid social media planner wanted in McLean, Virginia
Assistant OOH strategist position in New York