Cable overnights: ‘Manhattan’ bows to 900,000
July 28, 2014
“Manhattan” is clearly no “Salem,” but WGN’s second original drama bowed to decent ratings Sunday night.
The new show averaged 900,000 total viewers in its 9 p.m. timeslot, according to Nielsen overnights, short of the 1.5 million who watched “Salem’s” debut in April.
It more than tripled WGN’s usual timeslot audience among adults 18-49 with 233,000 viewers.
“Manhattan” got another 900,000 viewers through two more airings through the night and a unique rollout strategy through which the premiere aired on 33 Tribune-owned stations in primetime Sunday night.
That gave the show a total of 1.8 million viewers and 459,000 adults 18-49 through the night.
Summer’s most DVRed shows: Dramas
Gold Cup final tops Spanish-language TV
Amid controversy, ‘Cait’ does great
British Open final round shines on Twitter
Big bump for ‘Bachelorette’ finale
Programming blog: Latest pickups and cancellations
The real growth in digital radio: Mobile
Play the over-the-top guessing game
Summer’s top shows: Oldies mostly
‘Knock Knock Live,’ snore, snore
Tell us your thoughts on radio
For Telemundo, one caliente summer
From Pandora, a new way to listen ad-free
- Julius Dunn becomes director of talent at DDB North America
- Phil Talbot rises to managing partner at DWA
- Jenn Vickery rises to senior director of digital at Nebo
- Kim Tranmer becomes managing director at Leavitt Digital
- Ian Trombley rises to president of operations at NBCUniversal
- Lleni Sandoval rises to VP of human resources at NBCU Hispanic
- Peter Krogh and Jacco de Bruijn join PhotoShelter
- Ashley Gorman and Patricia Childress join syndicated talk show 'FABLife'
- Diane Keaton joins the cast of HBO's 'The Young Pope'
- Terry O'Quinn joins the cast of ABC's 'Secrets & Lies'
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Assistant media planner job in Atlanta
Local marketing specialist wanted in Greensboro
Part-time media buyer job in Lake Bluff, Illinois
Media buyer/planner wanted in Louisville
Assistant media planner opening in Atlanta