Cable overnights: ‘Manhattan’ bows to 900,000
July 28, 2014
“Manhattan” is clearly no “Salem,” but WGN’s second original drama bowed to decent ratings Sunday night.
The new show averaged 900,000 total viewers in its 9 p.m. timeslot, according to Nielsen overnights, short of the 1.5 million who watched “Salem’s” debut in April.
It more than tripled WGN’s usual timeslot audience among adults 18-49 with 233,000 viewers.
“Manhattan” got another 900,000 viewers through two more airings through the night and a unique rollout strategy through which the premiere aired on 33 Tribune-owned stations in primetime Sunday night.
That gave the show a total of 1.8 million viewers and 459,000 adults 18-49 through the night.
ABC and CBS tie for first on Friday night
Michelle Obama boosts NBC’s ‘Tonight Show’
Richard Beckman hops to a new media venture
Hacker hijinks: Station stuck with anti-Trump song
Trump inauguration draws 30.6 million viewers
CBS takes Thursday night with ‘Big Bang Theory’
Puzzling out Carlos Slim’s bold U.S. ambitions
New York leads the Ellie nominations, once again
CBS’s ‘Hunted’: Little hope of sustaining its big bow
Best of the week: On the origins of fake news
In this digital age, the allure of alternative OOH
Digital radio: A primer for media planners and buyers
Weekend TV: ‘Beaches’ for a new generation
- John Deschner becomes chief innovation officer at TBWA
- Tiffany Egan becomes Australia managing director at DWA
- Robert Langer becomes EVP and CFO at Disney|ABC Television
- Jim Fielding becomes president of consumer products at Fox
- Betty Chen and Tyler Massey join IM Global Television
- Nadine Santos rises to director of programming at Music Choice
- Jane Lynch joins the cast of Discovery Channel's 'Manifesto'
- Kristen Stewart hosting NBC's 'Saturday Night Live'
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top-rated movies, songs and books
This month’s digital traffic data: November 2016
This week’s daypart ratings
Opening for a media planner at a top OOH agency
Orlando agency looking for a media planner/buyer
Freelance media planner/buyer available
Junior media planner/buyer position in Minneapolis-St. Paul
Media sales coordinator opening in New York