Cable overnights: ‘Manhattan’ bows to 900,000
July 28, 2014
“Manhattan” is clearly no “Salem,” but WGN’s second original drama bowed to decent ratings Sunday night.
The new show averaged 900,000 total viewers in its 9 p.m. timeslot, according to Nielsen overnights, short of the 1.5 million who watched “Salem’s” debut in April.
It more than tripled WGN’s usual timeslot audience among adults 18-49 with 233,000 viewers.
“Manhattan” got another 900,000 viewers through two more airings through the night and a unique rollout strategy through which the premiere aired on 33 Tribune-owned stations in primetime Sunday night.
That gave the show a total of 1.8 million viewers and 459,000 adults 18-49 through the night.
Yet another woman lobs accusations at Ailes
Alas, the VCR is dead. It hung on for so long.
On the final night of the DNC, Clinton falls behind
‘Big Brother’ boosts CBS to first in 18-49s
Programming blog: What’s canceled and renewed
The coming slowdown in auto sales and advertising
How viewers plan to view the Olympics: On TV
The next wave: America’s Hispanics and the New America
Rachel, I think it may be my time to leave media
Tell us, what do you expect from the Rio Games?
Weekend TV: Skydiving without a parachute
MLB sprints past other sports leagues in OOH beacons
Big stink over missing Hillary in newspapers
- Morgan Carroll rises to managing director at DigitasLBi Chicago
- Hwa-Shih Lee rises to SVP of digital at Palisades MediaGroup
- Katrien De Bauw becomes managing director at TBWA\Media Arts Lab
- Tori Socha rises to VP of original series at Spike TV
- Melissa Bell rises to publisher at Vox Media
- Michael Holderle becomes VP of integrated marketing at Entravision
- Lin-Manuel Miranda hosting 'PBS Arts Fall Festival'
- Idina Menzel starring in Lifetime's 'Beaches' remake
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s digital traffic data: June 2016
This week’s top-rated movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
Needed: Print media buyer in Chicago
Digital media buyer wanted in El Segundo
Media buyer wanted in Austin
Digital media planner wanted in Salt Lake City
Direct mail media planner job in Minneapolis