Cable overnights: ‘Manhattan’ bows to 900,000
July 28, 2014
“Manhattan” is clearly no “Salem,” but WGN’s second original drama bowed to decent ratings Sunday night.
The new show averaged 900,000 total viewers in its 9 p.m. timeslot, according to Nielsen overnights, short of the 1.5 million who watched “Salem’s” debut in April.
It more than tripled WGN’s usual timeslot audience among adults 18-49 with 233,000 viewers.
“Manhattan” got another 900,000 viewers through two more airings through the night and a unique rollout strategy through which the premiere aired on 33 Tribune-owned stations in primetime Sunday night.
That gave the show a total of 1.8 million viewers and 459,000 adults 18-49 through the night.
A look at summer’s new hits and misses
Pandora: We’re going advertising-free
Big news: Amazon videos going offline
‘Ninja Warrior’ ties a three-year high
A shift for the ‘Video Music Awards’
Want to reach Hispanics? Try mobile ads.
MTV’s VMAs set a Twitter TV record
Programming blog: Latest pickups and cancellations
Summer’s top shows among Millennials
The future of agencies: Mining for data
Denver: TV and radio spending are flat
‘Hand of God,’ off to parts unknown
Boost your media IQ. Sign up here.
- Dan Donovan becomes ECD at McCann New York
- Devin Reiter becomes Crispin Porter + Bogusky managing director in Boulder
- Alvaro Cabrera becomes chief strategy officer at DigitasLBi
- Roy Torres becomes creative director at 22squared
- Sarah McNaughton becomes site director at new Dr. Oz site
- David Woolfson and Michael Benowitz become SVPs at Screenvision
- Lindsay Sloane becomes EVP of production at MGM Television
- 'The View' executive producer Bill Wolff exiting
- Scott Van Pelt hosting midnight edition of 'SportsCenter'
- Alex Morgan and Chris Paul appearing on Disney XD's 'Becoming'
- Tom Selleck starring in new 'Jesse Stone' movie at Hallmark Channel
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Interactive media buyer job in Cedar Falls, Iowa
Junior media planner wanted in Austin
Assistant media planner job in Atlanta
Local marketing specialist wanted in Greensboro
Part-time media buyer job in Lake Bluff, Illinois