Cable overnights: ESPYs grow in 18-49s
July 17, 2014
The ESPY Awards, ESPN’s answer to the Oscars, saw slight growth among adults 18-49 in Wednesday’s telecast.
The show averaged a 1.1 adults 18-49 rating from 9 to 11 p.m., according to Nielsen overnights, up a tenth from a 1.0 last year.
The show was down very slightly in total viewers, drawing 2.2 million, off from 2.3 million last year.
The ESPYs finished tied for No. 5 on cable for the day.
A&E’s “Duck Dynasty” was the night’s No. 1 program in the demo with a 1.4, even to last week, and also finished first in total viewers with 3.7 million.
|Top 10 Cable Programs
Ranked on Total Viewers
|4||THE OREILLY FACTOR-07/16/2014||FOXNC||2897|
|5||BIG BANG THEORY, THE-07/16/2014||TBSC||2759|
|6||BIG BANG THEORY, THE-07/16/2014||TBSC||2649|
|7||KELLY FILE, THE-07/16/2014||FOXNC||2648|
|8||BIG BANG THEORY, THE-07/16/2014||TBSC||2527|
|10||SECRET OF THE WINGS-07/16/2014||DSNY||2418|
|Top 10 Cable Programs
Ranked on Adults 18-49
|4||TEEN MOM II SSN5B-07/16/2014||MTV||1612|
|6||BIG BANG THEORY, THE-07/16/2014||TBSC||1429|
|7||ESPY AWARDS L-07/16/2014||ESPN||1406|
|8||BIG BANG THEORY, THE-07/16/2014||TBSC||1367|
|9||BIG BANG THEORY, THE-07/16/2014||TBSC||1267|
Age-wise, how cable stacks up
Paula Deen’s ill-advised Twitter pic
Gooool! Telemundo scores with U.S.-Japan
U.S. women win Twitter crown as well
‘Bachelorette’ surges to seven-week high
Women’s World Cup’s real winner: Nike
Record ratings for women’s big win
Hispanic ad dollars are up, defying trend
So cool: An underwater radio station
‘Dates,’ love stories of first meetings
So, what’s your take on summer TV?
Yes, Amy Schumer is unavoidable now
A bombshell in the case against Cosby
- Eric Zuncic becomes chief strategy officer at CP+B
- Carter Brokaw becomes president of digital revenue at iHeartMedia
- Denielle deWynter becomes VP of finance at Hearst Business Media
- Linda Douglass becomes head of communication at Bloomberg Media
- Mark Pesavento becomes SVP of content at Fox Sports Digital
- Benny Reuven becomes VP of development at Oxygen Media
- Jeff Karp leading Time Inc.'s new Sports Illustrated Play
- Jeremy Sisto joins the cast of ABC's 'Wicked City'
- Emily Kinney joins the cast of Showtime's 'Masters of Sex'
- Kellie Pickler, Adrienne Bailon and Ross Mathews join 'Knock Knock Live'
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Part-time media buyer job in Lake Bluff, Illinois
Media buyer/planner wanted in Louisville
Assistant media planner opening in Atlanta
Media planner position in Minneapolis
Media buyer position in Sacramento