Cable overnights: ESPYs grow in 18-49s
July 17, 2014
The ESPY Awards, ESPN’s answer to the Oscars, saw slight growth among adults 18-49 in Wednesday’s telecast.
The show averaged a 1.1 adults 18-49 rating from 9 to 11 p.m., according to Nielsen overnights, up a tenth from a 1.0 last year.
The show was down very slightly in total viewers, drawing 2.2 million, off from 2.3 million last year.
The ESPYs finished tied for No. 5 on cable for the day.
A&E’s “Duck Dynasty” was the night’s No. 1 program in the demo with a 1.4, even to last week, and also finished first in total viewers with 3.7 million.
|Top 10 Cable Programs
Ranked on Total Viewers
|4||THE OREILLY FACTOR-07/16/2014||FOXNC||2897|
|5||BIG BANG THEORY, THE-07/16/2014||TBSC||2759|
|6||BIG BANG THEORY, THE-07/16/2014||TBSC||2649|
|7||KELLY FILE, THE-07/16/2014||FOXNC||2648|
|8||BIG BANG THEORY, THE-07/16/2014||TBSC||2527|
|10||SECRET OF THE WINGS-07/16/2014||DSNY||2418|
|Top 10 Cable Programs
Ranked on Adults 18-49
|4||TEEN MOM II SSN5B-07/16/2014||MTV||1612|
|6||BIG BANG THEORY, THE-07/16/2014||TBSC||1429|
|7||ESPY AWARDS L-07/16/2014||ESPN||1406|
|8||BIG BANG THEORY, THE-07/16/2014||TBSC||1367|
|9||BIG BANG THEORY, THE-07/16/2014||TBSC||1267|
TV programming blog: All the cancellations and renewals
CBS dominates Thursday with more NCAA playoffs
Podcasting comes of age: What’s behind a recent boom
CBS renews a slew of shows, with a few missing
Best of the week: Advertisers revolt against Google
Putting a pricetag on ad fraud: $16.4 billion
Surprise: There’s one area where TV viewing is soaring
Media Life’s Digital Media Transparency Initiative
Weekend TV: Can anyone beat the UConn women?
‘Empire’ rises slightly in its return to lift Fox to first
Well now: Mobile usage is even bigger than you think
CBS, the daytime leader, leads Daytime Emmy nominations
Whoa: Almost a third of Millennials cut the cord
- Arun Kumar becomes chief data and marketing tech officer at IPG
- Jenny Campbell rises to managing director at 72andSunny
- Adam Crandall becomes director of strategy at mono
- Mark Wildman rises to EVP of partnerships at Westwood One
- Kevin Craig rises to SVP of newspaper relations at AMG/Parade
- Bill Corvalan becomes VP of West Coast partnerships at AllOver Media
- Richard Just becomes editor at The Washington Post Magazine
- Gemma Lawson rises to VP and design director at Nickelodeon
- Ashley Judd joins Epix' 'Berlin Station'
- Former NBC ad sales executive Robert Blackmore dies at age 90
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top-rated movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s digital traffic data: December 2016
Ad sales rep for a digital-only magazine
Freelance media planner/buyer available for all markets
Wanted: Media buyer in Philadelphia
Paid social media planner wanted in Detroit
Opening for a media planner at a top OOH agency