Cable overnights: ESPYs grow in 18-49s
July 17, 2014
The ESPY Awards, ESPN’s answer to the Oscars, saw slight growth among adults 18-49 in Wednesday’s telecast.
The show averaged a 1.1 adults 18-49 rating from 9 to 11 p.m., according to Nielsen overnights, up a tenth from a 1.0 last year.
The show was down very slightly in total viewers, drawing 2.2 million, off from 2.3 million last year.
The ESPYs finished tied for No. 5 on cable for the day.
A&E’s “Duck Dynasty” was the night’s No. 1 program in the demo with a 1.4, even to last week, and also finished first in total viewers with 3.7 million.
|Top 10 Cable Programs
Ranked on Total Viewers
|4||THE OREILLY FACTOR-07/16/2014||FOXNC||2897|
|5||BIG BANG THEORY, THE-07/16/2014||TBSC||2759|
|6||BIG BANG THEORY, THE-07/16/2014||TBSC||2649|
|7||KELLY FILE, THE-07/16/2014||FOXNC||2648|
|8||BIG BANG THEORY, THE-07/16/2014||TBSC||2527|
|10||SECRET OF THE WINGS-07/16/2014||DSNY||2418|
|Top 10 Cable Programs
Ranked on Adults 18-49
|4||TEEN MOM II SSN5B-07/16/2014||MTV||1612|
|6||BIG BANG THEORY, THE-07/16/2014||TBSC||1429|
|7||ESPY AWARDS L-07/16/2014||ESPN||1406|
|8||BIG BANG THEORY, THE-07/16/2014||TBSC||1367|
|9||BIG BANG THEORY, THE-07/16/2014||TBSC||1267|
‘Late Show’ finale hits 21-year high
‘Modern Family’ falls to low in finale
Once again, ABC wins May sweep
This fall’s five big timeslot battles
Oh my! There goes Marilyn’s skirt.
‘Late Show With David Letterman,’ bravo
Tell us, how do you rate the fall lineups?
Weekend TV: Indy 500 revs up
Cable overnights: NBA stays hot
Fun facts about the Indy 500
Buyouts coming at Wall Street Journal
A record season for Telemundo
‘Late Show’ hits a six-year high
- Twelve join California agency David&Goliath
- Ellie Duque becomes publisher at Entertainment Weekly
- CBS Entertainment EVP of comedy Wendi Trilling exiting
- New York Times chief information officer Marc Frons exiting
- Marjorie Miller rises to director of global news at the Associated Press
- Melissa Bell rises to VP of growth and analytics at Vox Media
- Josh Swade becomes executive producer for film and video at Rolling Stone
- Jessica Lussenhop becomes senior writer at BBC News Magazine
- Emily Banks becomes deputy mobile editor at Bloomberg Digital
This week’s younger viewer ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
Media buyer/planner wanted in Louisville
Display media planner opening in Chicago
Media planner/buyer opening in Omaha
Assistant media planner wanted in Atlanta
Media buyer wanted in Pittsburgh