Cable overnights: ESPYs grow in 18-49s
July 17, 2014
The ESPY Awards, ESPN’s answer to the Oscars, saw slight growth among adults 18-49 in Wednesday’s telecast.
The show averaged a 1.1 adults 18-49 rating from 9 to 11 p.m., according to Nielsen overnights, up a tenth from a 1.0 last year.
The show was down very slightly in total viewers, drawing 2.2 million, off from 2.3 million last year.
The ESPYs finished tied for No. 5 on cable for the day.
A&E’s “Duck Dynasty” was the night’s No. 1 program in the demo with a 1.4, even to last week, and also finished first in total viewers with 3.7 million.
|Top 10 Cable Programs
Ranked on Total Viewers
|4||THE OREILLY FACTOR-07/16/2014||FOXNC||2897|
|5||BIG BANG THEORY, THE-07/16/2014||TBSC||2759|
|6||BIG BANG THEORY, THE-07/16/2014||TBSC||2649|
|7||KELLY FILE, THE-07/16/2014||FOXNC||2648|
|8||BIG BANG THEORY, THE-07/16/2014||TBSC||2527|
|10||SECRET OF THE WINGS-07/16/2014||DSNY||2418|
|Top 10 Cable Programs
Ranked on Adults 18-49
|4||TEEN MOM II SSN5B-07/16/2014||MTV||1612|
|6||BIG BANG THEORY, THE-07/16/2014||TBSC||1429|
|7||ESPY AWARDS L-07/16/2014||ESPN||1406|
|8||BIG BANG THEORY, THE-07/16/2014||TBSC||1367|
|9||BIG BANG THEORY, THE-07/16/2014||TBSC||1267|
Stunner: Univision axes ‘Sabado Gigante’
CBS wins for the third straight night
A la carte, kinda: Verizon’s new deal
Online video’s not getting the ad dollars
May’s most-anticipated sweeps stunts
‘Tatau,’ silliness in the South Pacific
Rachel, I’m thinking of going on my own
Weekend TV: The NBA playoffs tip off
Tell us, which bubble shows will survive?
Tops for OTT: Baltimore & Minneapolis
Veteran ‘Survivor’ finishes No. 1
Programming blog: Latest pickups and cancellations
Nat Geo Channel upfront: Five new shows
- Matt Baker becomes head of planning at JWT NY
- Kevin Amos and Dan Gbur becomes VPs at Brunner
- Mark Lopez becomes EVP and GM at Univision Digital
- Sara Morris becomes senior director of government affairs at iHeartMedia
- Meggan Crum becomes accessories director at InStyle
- Neil Versel, Thornton McEnery and Kathryn Rubino join Breaking Media
- Anand Subramanian becomes SVP of operations at Synacor
- Christina Cole joins the cast of USA's 'Suits'
- Four join the cast of AMC's upcoming adaptation 'The Night Manager'
- Dave Matthews Band performing on 'Legends on Letterman'
- NY Times reporter and editor Barbara Strauch dies at age 63
This week’s younger viewer ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
Agency sales opening in Mt. Pleasant, SC
Freelance senior media planner job in Seattle
Digital media planner wanted in Boston
Out-of-home specialist available for all markets
Media planner/buyer job in Raleigh