Cable overnights: ESPYs grow in 18-49s
July 17, 2014
The ESPY Awards, ESPN’s answer to the Oscars, saw slight growth among adults 18-49 in Wednesday’s telecast.
The show averaged a 1.1 adults 18-49 rating from 9 to 11 p.m., according to Nielsen overnights, up a tenth from a 1.0 last year.
The show was down very slightly in total viewers, drawing 2.2 million, off from 2.3 million last year.
The ESPYs finished tied for No. 5 on cable for the day.
A&E’s “Duck Dynasty” was the night’s No. 1 program in the demo with a 1.4, even to last week, and also finished first in total viewers with 3.7 million.
|Top 10 Cable Programs
Ranked on Total Viewers
|4||THE OREILLY FACTOR-07/16/2014||FOXNC||2897|
|5||BIG BANG THEORY, THE-07/16/2014||TBSC||2759|
|6||BIG BANG THEORY, THE-07/16/2014||TBSC||2649|
|7||KELLY FILE, THE-07/16/2014||FOXNC||2648|
|8||BIG BANG THEORY, THE-07/16/2014||TBSC||2527|
|10||SECRET OF THE WINGS-07/16/2014||DSNY||2418|
|Top 10 Cable Programs
Ranked on Adults 18-49
|4||TEEN MOM II SSN5B-07/16/2014||MTV||1612|
|6||BIG BANG THEORY, THE-07/16/2014||TBSC||1429|
|7||ESPY AWARDS L-07/16/2014||ESPN||1406|
|8||BIG BANG THEORY, THE-07/16/2014||TBSC||1367|
|9||BIG BANG THEORY, THE-07/16/2014||TBSC||1267|
‘Dome’ rebounds from series low
The internet of things, demystified
Radio ad $ in first half: Flat to last year
A local TV station, a national tragedy
New Orleans: Looking back at Katrina
‘Narcos,’ ripping tale of the drug wars
Tell us your thoughts on Hispanic media
Boost your media IQ. Sign up here.
Weekend TV: Jammin’ with Miley Cyrus
Survey: Social media ad spending will rise
Cable overnights: Another big night for FNC
The new YouTube Gaming at a glance
Another boffo bow for an NBC sitcom
- Kyla Jacobs rises to global business development director at TBWA
- Rob FitzGerald becomes U.S. president at We Are Social
- Mandy Graham joins and Maria Smith rises at M&C Saatchi
- David Duncan becomes chief strategy officer at BBDO Minneapolis
- Zan Goodman becomes design director at Chandelier
- Patty Hirsch becomes digital GM for sports at Time Inc.
- Bob Gold becomes SVP of distribution at Poker Central
- Alison Fitzgerald becomes health policy correspondent at NPR
- Baratunde Thurston becomes supervising producer at 'The Daily Show'
- Jim Belushi joins the cast of Fox's pilot "Urban Cowboy'
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Interactive media buyer job in Cedar Falls, Iowa
Junior media planner wanted in Austin
Assistant media planner job in Atlanta
Local marketing specialist wanted in Greensboro
Part-time media buyer job in Lake Bluff, Illinois