Awards’ most-replayed moment: Waltz speech
February 26, 2013
It was Christolph Waltz’s heartfelt speech after winning best supporting actor for his role in “Django Unchained,” which was replayed more than any other moment, according to research released by TiVo.
The digital video recording company said that MacFarlane’s bit about the Flying Nun, during which he hit on Sally Field in the green room, was the second-most-replayed moment, followed by presenters Melissa McCarthy and Paul Rudd talking about their lack of animation work.
Rounding out the top five: MacFarlane joking about the age of 9-year-old best actress nominee Quvenzhane Wallis and Captain Kirk (William Shatner) appearing from the future to tell MacFarlane he blew the gig.
Interestingly, all the top five moments came before 9:05 p.m., and only one top-10 moment, Anne Hathaway winning best supporting actress, happened after 10:15 p.m.
Tags: academy awards, anne hathaway, Christolph Waltz, digital video, Django Unchained, dvr, Flying Nun, green, most replayed oscars moment, oscars, oscars ratings, oscars tivo, oscars viewers, Paul Rudd, Sally Field, tivo, tivo oscars
TV programming blog: All the cancellations and renewals
CBS dominates Thursday with more NCAA playoffs
Podcasting comes of age: What’s behind a recent boom
CBS renews a slew of shows, with a few missing
Best of the week: Advertisers revolt against Google
Putting a pricetag on ad fraud: $16.4 billion
Surprise: There’s one area where TV viewing is soaring
Media Life’s Digital Media Transparency Initiative
Weekend TV: Can anyone beat the UConn women?
‘Empire’ rises slightly in its return to lift Fox to first
Well now: Mobile usage is even bigger than you think
CBS, the daytime leader, leads Daytime Emmy nominations
Whoa: Almost a third of Millennials cut the cord
- Arun Kumar becomes chief data and marketing tech officer at IPG
- Jenny Campbell rises to managing director at 72andSunny
- Adam Crandall becomes director of strategy at mono
- Mark Wildman rises to EVP of partnerships at Westwood One
- Kevin Craig rises to SVP of newspaper relations at AMG/Parade
- Bill Corvalan becomes VP of West Coast partnerships at AllOver Media
- Richard Just becomes editor at The Washington Post Magazine
- Gemma Lawson rises to VP and design director at Nickelodeon
- Ashley Judd joins Epix' 'Berlin Station'
- Former NBC ad sales executive Robert Blackmore dies at age 90
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top-rated movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s digital traffic data: December 2016
Ad sales rep for a digital-only magazine
Freelance media planner/buyer available for all markets
Wanted: Media buyer in Philadelphia
Paid social media planner wanted in Detroit
Opening for a media planner at a top OOH agency