Awards’ most-replayed moment: Waltz speech
February 26, 2013
It was Christolph Waltz’s heartfelt speech after winning best supporting actor for his role in “Django Unchained,” which was replayed more than any other moment, according to research released by TiVo.
The digital video recording company said that MacFarlane’s bit about the Flying Nun, during which he hit on Sally Field in the green room, was the second-most-replayed moment, followed by presenters Melissa McCarthy and Paul Rudd talking about their lack of animation work.
Rounding out the top five: MacFarlane joking about the age of 9-year-old best actress nominee Quvenzhane Wallis and Captain Kirk (William Shatner) appearing from the future to tell MacFarlane he blew the gig.
Interestingly, all the top five moments came before 9:05 p.m., and only one top-10 moment, Anne Hathaway winning best supporting actress, happened after 10:15 p.m.
Tags: academy awards, anne hathaway, Christolph Waltz, digital video, Django Unchained, dvr, Flying Nun, green, most replayed oscars moment, oscars, oscars ratings, oscars tivo, oscars viewers, Paul Rudd, Sally Field, tivo, tivo oscars
Another magazine bids farewell to print: Complex
Coming soon from Hearst, Pioneer Woman magazine
New from Google: New York’s holiday windows
Solid but not spectacular numbers for ‘Hairspray’
New from Facebook, a tool testing for fake news
Programming blog: What’s canceled and renewed
Cable overnights: Big decline for Leah Remini show
Yet another suitor lines up for Time Inc.
What’s hot and what’s not in syndication this fall
Struggling Pandora unveils its challenge to Spotify
It’s here: Media Life’s Hispanic Premium Newsletter
Media Life’s Digital Media Transparency Initiative
Hot this holiday season: Taraji P. Henson
- ABC ad sales president Geri Wang retiring
- Lydia Polgreen becomes editor at The Huffington Post
- Laura Henderson becomes SVP of marketing at BuzzFeed
- Erin McPherson becomes head of content strategy at Verizon
- Josephine Livingstone becomes culture writer at The New Republic
- Jessica Lichtenfeld becomes associate consultant at Coleman Insights
- Julie Ginches and Glenn Kiladis join ViralGains
- Stephan Horbelt becomes executive editor at Hornet
- Tony Rock hosting TV One's 'The Game of Dating'
- New York Times Vietnam guide Nguyen Ngoc Luong dies at 79
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top-rated movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s digital traffic data: August 2016
This month’s new media traffic data
Luxury media sales in Chicago
Public relations account supervisor in Atlanta
SEO and SEM manager opening in Pittsburgh
Media supervisor opening in New York
Media buyer/planner position in Madison, WI