Awards’ most-replayed moment: Waltz speech
February 26, 2013
It was Christolph Waltz’s heartfelt speech after winning best supporting actor for his role in “Django Unchained,” which was replayed more than any other moment, according to research released by TiVo.
The digital video recording company said that MacFarlane’s bit about the Flying Nun, during which he hit on Sally Field in the green room, was the second-most-replayed moment, followed by presenters Melissa McCarthy and Paul Rudd talking about their lack of animation work.
Rounding out the top five: MacFarlane joking about the age of 9-year-old best actress nominee Quvenzhane Wallis and Captain Kirk (William Shatner) appearing from the future to tell MacFarlane he blew the gig.
Interestingly, all the top five moments came before 9:05 p.m., and only one top-10 moment, Anne Hathaway winning best supporting actress, happened after 10:15 p.m.
Tags: academy awards, anne hathaway, Christolph Waltz, digital video, Django Unchained, dvr, Flying Nun, green, most replayed oscars moment, oscars, oscars ratings, oscars tivo, oscars viewers, Paul Rudd, Sally Field, tivo, tivo oscars
‘Sharknado 2′ becomes a monster hit
Phoenix: TV is hot and getting hotter
‘Partners,’ tired joke after tired joke
So, what’s the future for print magazines?
Best tube bets this weekend
NBC renews new comedy ‘Undateable’
Big changes at Fox Business Network
Authorities: Woman pulls gun on Comcast worker
Love Snapchat? How Northeastern of you.
Yet another spinoff for newspaper industry
‘Extant’ holds steady in new later timeslot
Cable’s winners and losers in July
Great art everywhere you look around
- Carol Lombard becomes VP of integrated production at INNOCEAN USA
- Renee Peterson becomes VP of HR at Hearst Newspapers
- Melissa Drucker rises to SVP of TV sales at BBC America
- Rob Glaser rises to CEO at RealNetworks
- Tim Boell becomes VP of distribution at Outdoor Channel
- Julie Meisner Eagle becomes VP of production at Discovery Life Channel
- Josh Rubin and Allen Weiner join The Daily Dot
- Ilja Goossens becomes VP of business development at LoopMe
- Former football player Brady Quinn joins Fox Sports
- Actress Krysten Ritter guesting NBC's 'The Blacklist'
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Media buyer manager job in Philadelphia
Assistant media planner wanted in New York
Digital media buyer position in Seattle
National DR media buyer job in Nashville
Mobile media planner opening in San Francisco