Awards’ most-replayed moment: Waltz speech
February 26, 2013
It was Christolph Waltz’s heartfelt speech after winning best supporting actor for his role in “Django Unchained,” which was replayed more than any other moment, according to research released by TiVo.
The digital video recording company said that MacFarlane’s bit about the Flying Nun, during which he hit on Sally Field in the green room, was the second-most-replayed moment, followed by presenters Melissa McCarthy and Paul Rudd talking about their lack of animation work.
Rounding out the top five: MacFarlane joking about the age of 9-year-old best actress nominee Quvenzhane Wallis and Captain Kirk (William Shatner) appearing from the future to tell MacFarlane he blew the gig.
Interestingly, all the top five moments came before 9:05 p.m., and only one top-10 moment, Anne Hathaway winning best supporting actress, happened after 10:15 p.m.
Tags: academy awards, anne hathaway, Christolph Waltz, digital video, Django Unchained, dvr, Flying Nun, green, most replayed oscars moment, oscars, oscars ratings, oscars tivo, oscars viewers, Paul Rudd, Sally Field, tivo, tivo oscars
Fox rolls to a July sweeps victory
Who listens to the most radio? Hispanics.
Family viewing isn’t dead. It’s on cable.
‘Mr. Robinson,’ off to an early funeral
Tell us your thoughts on radio
For ‘The Game,’ one final play
OMG: Meet Tiger Beat’s new investors
On the horizon, a DVR for the Xbox
‘Wild’ matches second-best rating
Summer’s DVR winners: ‘Pines’ and ‘Dome’
UFC fight pounds the Twitter competition
Programming blog: Latest pickups and cancellations
Coming, a new way to listen to FM radio
- Jeffrey Gorder, Jane Delworth and Paula Biondich rise at mono
- Jennifer Putnam becomes CCO at Allen & Gerritsen
- Hollie Newton becomes executive creative director at Sunshine
- Katy Loria rises to chief revenue officer at Screenvision
- Marty Sartini Garner rises to senior editor at Flood Magazine
- Tasha Blasi Pannuzzo becomes SVP of marketing at Westwood One
- Oren Liebermann and Matt Rivers join CNN International
- Jenna Dewan-Tatum joins the cast of CBS's 'Supergirl'
- James Cromwell joins HBO's 'The Young Pope'
- Falk Hentschel joins CW's 'Legends of Tomorrow'
- Vivica A. Fox and Romeo Miller join TV One holiday movies
- Carla Gugino joins Showtime's upcoming 'Roadies'
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Interactive media buyer job in Cedar Falls, Iowa
Junior media planner wanted in Austin
Assistant media planner job in Atlanta
Local marketing specialist wanted in Greensboro
Part-time media buyer job in Lake Bluff, Illinois