Awards’ most-replayed moment: Waltz speech
February 26, 2013
It was Christolph Waltz’s heartfelt speech after winning best supporting actor for his role in “Django Unchained,” which was replayed more than any other moment, according to research released by TiVo.
The digital video recording company said that MacFarlane’s bit about the Flying Nun, during which he hit on Sally Field in the green room, was the second-most-replayed moment, followed by presenters Melissa McCarthy and Paul Rudd talking about their lack of animation work.
Rounding out the top five: MacFarlane joking about the age of 9-year-old best actress nominee Quvenzhane Wallis and Captain Kirk (William Shatner) appearing from the future to tell MacFarlane he blew the gig.
Interestingly, all the top five moments came before 9:05 p.m., and only one top-10 moment, Anne Hathaway winning best supporting actress, happened after 10:15 p.m.
Tags: academy awards, anne hathaway, Christolph Waltz, digital video, Django Unchained, dvr, Flying Nun, green, most replayed oscars moment, oscars, oscars ratings, oscars tivo, oscars viewers, Paul Rudd, Sally Field, tivo, tivo oscars
Richard Beckman hops to a new media venture
Hacker hijinks: Station stuck with anti-Trump song
Trump inauguration draws 30.6 million viewers
CBS takes Thursday night with ‘Big Bang Theory’
Puzzling out Carlos Slim’s bold U.S. ambitions
New York leads the Ellie nominations, once again
CBS’s ‘Hunted’: Little hope of sustaining its big bow
Best of the week: On the origins of fake news
In this digital age, the allure of alternative OOH
Digital radio: A primer for media planners and buyers
Weekend TV: ‘Beaches’ for a new generation
Cable overnights: Good start for ‘Six’ on History
Warriors-Cavs sets three-year high on TNT
- Michael Lieberman becomes CSO at Kinetic Worldwide
- Ryan Haskins becomes director of media at Figliulo&Partners
- Deborah Furey becomes SVP of strategy at Wunderman Health
- Martin McDonald becomes VP of strategic sales at V Digital Services
- Bob Johns becomes chief revenue officer at Big Outdoor
- Chris Brooks rises to EVP of distribution at CW
- Salil Mehta becomes president at FoxNext
- David Perpich becomes president and GM at The Wirecutter
- Jessica Sebor and Aaron Hersh rise at Competitor Group
- Jeff Hackett joins and Mike Owen rises at AdColony
- James Frain joins CBS All Access' 'Star Trek: Discovery'
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top-rated movies, songs and books
This month’s digital traffic data: November 2016
This week’s daypart ratings
Opening for a media planner at a top OOH agency
Orlando agency looking for a media planner/buyer
Freelance media planner/buyer available
Junior media planner/buyer position in Minneapolis-St. Paul
Media sales coordinator opening in New York