Awards’ most-replayed moment: Waltz speech
February 26, 2013
It was Christolph Waltz’s heartfelt speech after winning best supporting actor for his role in “Django Unchained,” which was replayed more than any other moment, according to research released by TiVo.
The digital video recording company said that MacFarlane’s bit about the Flying Nun, during which he hit on Sally Field in the green room, was the second-most-replayed moment, followed by presenters Melissa McCarthy and Paul Rudd talking about their lack of animation work.
Rounding out the top five: MacFarlane joking about the age of 9-year-old best actress nominee Quvenzhane Wallis and Captain Kirk (William Shatner) appearing from the future to tell MacFarlane he blew the gig.
Interestingly, all the top five moments came before 9:05 p.m., and only one top-10 moment, Anne Hathaway winning best supporting actress, happened after 10:15 p.m.
Tags: academy awards, anne hathaway, Christolph Waltz, digital video, Django Unchained, dvr, Flying Nun, green, most replayed oscars moment, oscars, oscars ratings, oscars tivo, oscars viewers, Paul Rudd, Sally Field, tivo, tivo oscars
Another series low for ‘American Idol’
‘Duck’ flies higher after season low
Disney Interactive chops 700 jobs
NBC’s dilemma: Whither ‘Community’?
‘Late Night With Seth Meyers,’ go to bed
Rachel, I’ve been stuck bigtime by co-workers
‘Resurrection,’ it’s got a shot
Tell us, are you happy with your salary?
Best tube bets this weekend
Shocker: Isaiah Washington back on ‘Grey’s’
ABC, CBS and Fox bounce back on Wednesday
RJ Palmer, Varick and TargetCast merge into Assembly
Pew: Pope’s getting good buzz on Twitter
- Heather Sandford becomes digital media manager at Ad Partners
- Martin Mohr becomes creative director at TBWA\Chiat\Day
- Carlos Sanchez becomes EVP and GM at Fox Deportes
- Greg Daniel, Laura Nelson, Saul Rosenberg and Marcy Shinder join Nielsen
- Liz Coddington and Melissa Stein join Adara Global
- Akiba Solomon becomes editorial director at Colorlines
- Matthew Galkin rises to partner at Warrior Poets
- Carlos Hermosillo joins Telemundo's sportscasting team
- Brooke Burke-Charvet guesting on ABC Family's 'Melissa & Joey'
- Gabriel Luna starring in El Rey Network's 'Matador'
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Senior planner/buyer opening in Daytona Beach
Media coordinator job in Anchroage
Media planner opening in San Francisco
Media planner/buyer opening in Ancorage
Online marketing media buyer in Camas, Wash.