As the year ends, Rachel reminisces
Our career columnist recounts her 10 favorite columns
December 14, 2012
Dear Media Life readers,
As the holidays approach, I always get in a nostalgic mood. I review my columns from the past year, pondering the advice I’ve given and contacting those who’ve reached out to me to see how their situations turned out.
I’m happy to report that many are in a better place than they were when they sought my advice. Some are even in new jobs, which is certainly something to celebrate as the new year draws near.
In the spirit of that nostalgia, I’ve compiled a list of my 10 favorite “Rachel Speaks” columns over the years, dating all the way back to its launch in 2004.
I hope you enjoy reading them over as much as I enjoyed compiling them and remembering all the wonderful folks who’ve reached out over the years.
Happy holidays to you and your families.
Huge surge for Sweet Sixteen games
Latest forecast for the upfront: Not good
Jon Swallen on the media economy
‘The Dovekeepers,’ a long four hours
Rachel, the interview did not go well
Tell us, what’s the state of late-night TV?
Best bets on TV this weekend 3.27.15
Cable overnights: ‘Catfish’ hooks a win
Social’s share of display ads is on the rise
Apple eyes a foray into streaming music
Alas, it’s farewell to ‘Downton Abbey’
A lackluster return for ‘American Idol’
Programming blog: Latest pickups and cancellations
- Kristi DesJarlais becomes SVP and GM at Saxum
- Jason Wyrick rises to VP of digital platforms at Starz
- Brad Dunn becomes chief digital officer at Athlon Media Group/Parade
- Jazmine Hughes becomes associate digital editor at NY Times Magazine
- Steele Marcoux becomes editor at Coastal Living
- Erantzeri Corona becomes VP of marketing at MoviePass
- Zendaya hosting the Radio Disney Music Awards
- Rex Linn joins the cast of ABC's 'Nashville'
- Chris McDonald replaces James Caan in Fox's 'Fantasy Life'
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Media planner/buyer position in Columbia, SC
Media planner/buyer job in Summit, NJ
Job opening: Next president of TAB
Digital media buyer job in Salt Lake City
TV media buyer wanted in New York