As the year ends, Rachel reminisces
Our career columnist recounts her 10 favorite columns
December 14, 2012
Dear Media Life readers,
As the holidays approach, I always get in a nostalgic mood. I review my columns from the past year, pondering the advice I’ve given and contacting those who’ve reached out to me to see how their situations turned out.
I’m happy to report that many are in a better place than they were when they sought my advice. Some are even in new jobs, which is certainly something to celebrate as the new year draws near.
In the spirit of that nostalgia, I’ve compiled a list of my 10 favorite “Rachel Speaks” columns over the years, dating all the way back to its launch in 2004.
I hope you enjoy reading them over as much as I enjoyed compiling them and remembering all the wonderful folks who’ve reached out over the years.
Happy holidays to you and your families.
A night of declines for broadcast
Early takeaways from the TV season
Fact, is, people still trust advertising
‘Dr. Ken,’ a malady with no known cure
Catch the next big wave: Hispanic media
Rachel, I said awful things to a client
Weekend TV: A slew of premieres
Josh Tyrangiel exiting Businessweek
TiVo’s new DVR skips whole ad breaks
Google: We’re guaranteeing viewability
‘Empire’ week two: Down but still strong
Nielsen: Total audience ratings by year’s end
New from YouTube, shop from ads
- Brad Dancer rises to EVP of programming at National Geographic Channels
- Susie Fitzgerald rises to scripted EVP at AMC/SundanceTV
- Jon Slusser rises to SVP of sports and specials at Spike TV
- Stephen Pope rises to editor in chief at Flying magazine
- David Chavern becomes president and CEO at the NAA
- Jason Shugars becomes SVP of partnerships at ROKT
- CNBC names six moderators for Oct. 28 GOP debate
- Peter Gadiot joins USA's 'Queen of the South'
- David Schwimmer joins UK comedy 'Morning Has Broken'
- Kelli Williams and Rob Morrow join ABC Family's 'The Fosters'
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Digital media planner opening in Seattle
Paid social media planner wanted in McLean, Virginia
Assistant OOH strategist position in New York
Media planner wanted in Philadelphia
Media buyer coordinator opening in New Haven