As the year ends, Rachel reminisces
Our career columnist recounts her 10 favorite columns
December 14, 2012
Dear Media Life readers,
As the holidays approach, I always get in a nostalgic mood. I review my columns from the past year, pondering the advice I’ve given and contacting those who’ve reached out to me to see how their situations turned out.
I’m happy to report that many are in a better place than they were when they sought my advice. Some are even in new jobs, which is certainly something to celebrate as the new year draws near.
In the spirit of that nostalgia, I’ve compiled a list of my 10 favorite “Rachel Speaks” columns over the years, dating all the way back to its launch in 2004.
I hope you enjoy reading them over as much as I enjoyed compiling them and remembering all the wonderful folks who’ve reached out over the years.
Happy holidays to you and your families.
Cable’s winners and losers in July
Great art everywhere you look around
‘The Quest,’ off to the dungeon, knave
So, what’s the future for print magazines?
Yay! Boo! It’s the CrossFit Games.
Katie Couric signs off from syndication
IAB: Programmatic growing slower abroad
Lawsuit: Facebook responsible for ruined reps
Netflix reaches streaming deal with AT&T
The big problem at ‘Big Bang:’ Salaries
A healthy surge for new ‘Food Fighters’
Summer’s top programming moves
Big shakeup in cable news rankings
- Harvey Goldhersz and Phil Cowdell rise at GroupM
- José Miranda becomes regional director for analytics at MEC
- Rafi Kugler becomes director of recruiting at barrettSF
- Two join and one rises at WorkPlace Media
- Cheri Ehrlich Eisen becomes senior HR director at Fusion
- Lindsay Zoladz becomes pop music critic at New York magazine
- Four join the staff at Good Housekeeping magazine
- Sam Sifton rises to food editor at The New York Times
- Margery Eagan becomes spirituality columnist at Crux
- Five become general managers at Learfield Sports
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Media buyer manager job in Philadelphia
Assistant media planner wanted in New York
Digital media buyer position in Seattle
National DR media buyer job in Nashville
Mobile media planner opening in San Francisco