As the year ends, Rachel reminisces
Our career columnist recounts her 10 favorite columns
December 14, 2012
Dear Media Life readers,
As the holidays approach, I always get in a nostalgic mood. I review my columns from the past year, pondering the advice I’ve given and contacting those who’ve reached out to me to see how their situations turned out.
I’m happy to report that many are in a better place than they were when they sought my advice. Some are even in new jobs, which is certainly something to celebrate as the new year draws near.
In the spirit of that nostalgia, I’ve compiled a list of my 10 favorite “Rachel Speaks” columns over the years, dating all the way back to its launch in 2004.
I hope you enjoy reading them over as much as I enjoyed compiling them and remembering all the wonderful folks who’ve reached out over the years.
Happy holidays to you and your families.
Another host defects from ‘The View’
Age-wise, how cable stacks up
Paula Deen’s ill-advised Twitter pic
Gooool! Telemundo scores with U.S.-Japan
U.S. women win Twitter crown as well
‘Bachelorette’ surges to seven-week high
Women’s World Cup’s real winner: Nike
Record ratings for women’s big win
Hispanic ad dollars are up, defying trend
So cool: An underwater radio station
‘Dates,’ love stories of first meetings
Yes, Amy Schumer is unavoidable now
A bombshell in the case against Cosby
- Eric Zuncic becomes chief strategy officer at CP+B
- Carter Brokaw becomes president of digital revenue at iHeartMedia
- Denielle deWynter becomes VP of finance at Hearst Business Media
- Linda Douglass becomes head of communication at Bloomberg Media
- Mark Pesavento becomes SVP of content at Fox Sports Digital
- Benny Reuven becomes VP of development at Oxygen Media
- Jeff Karp leading Time Inc.'s new Sports Illustrated Play
- Jeremy Sisto joins the cast of ABC's 'Wicked City'
- Emily Kinney joins the cast of Showtime's 'Masters of Sex'
- Kellie Pickler, Adrienne Bailon and Ross Mathews join 'Knock Knock Live'
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Part-time media buyer job in Lake Bluff, Illinois
Media buyer/planner wanted in Louisville
Assistant media planner opening in Atlanta
Media planner position in Minneapolis
Media buyer position in Sacramento