As the year ends, Rachel reminisces
Our career columnist recounts her 10 favorite columns
December 14, 2012
Dear Media Life readers,
As the holidays approach, I always get in a nostalgic mood. I review my columns from the past year, pondering the advice I’ve given and contacting those who’ve reached out to me to see how their situations turned out.
I’m happy to report that many are in a better place than they were when they sought my advice. Some are even in new jobs, which is certainly something to celebrate as the new year draws near.
In the spirit of that nostalgia, I’ve compiled a list of my 10 favorite “Rachel Speaks” columns over the years, dating all the way back to its launch in 2004.
I hope you enjoy reading them over as much as I enjoyed compiling them and remembering all the wonderful folks who’ve reached out over the years.
Happy holidays to you and your families.
ABC wins first night of November sweeps
Game 7 smacks a home run for Fox
A buyer’s primer on out of home measurement
‘Olive Kitteridge,’ fine tale brilliantly told
Rachel, talk to me about networking
The new frontier: Digital out of home
Best tube bets this weekend
So, who will win the November sweeps?
The complete TV schedule for election night
‘Sleepy Hollow’ scares up some buzz with Lyft
NBC Universal renews Meredith Vieira’s show
Native advertising gives NY Times a lift
NBC keeps on riding the Breeder’s Cup
- Jessie McGuire becomes U.S. strategy director at Elmwood
- Greg McAlinden becomes creative director at ODD
- Nick Ascheim rises and Shaun Hekking joins at BBC Worldwide
- Jonathan Hills becomes VP of digital media at Bravo Media
- Debbie Reichig becomes SVP of sales research at Twentieth TV
- Isaac Payam Ahdout becomes SVP of engineering at Tapad
- Fred Melamed joins Showtime's 'House of Lies'
- Lily Rabe appearing on FX's 'American Horror Story'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' cast guesting on TBS's 'Conan'
- Joel McHale remaining host of E!’s ‘The Soup’
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Media buyer wanted in Las Vegas
Junior media buyer opening in Venice, California
Media freelancer available for all markets
Media buyer job in Syracuse
Assistant media planner/buyer wanted in Austin