As the year ends, Rachel reminisces
Our career columnist recounts her 10 favorite columns
December 14, 2012
Dear Media Life readers,
As the holidays approach, I always get in a nostalgic mood. I review my columns from the past year, pondering the advice I’ve given and contacting those who’ve reached out to me to see how their situations turned out.
I’m happy to report that many are in a better place than they were when they sought my advice. Some are even in new jobs, which is certainly something to celebrate as the new year draws near.
In the spirit of that nostalgia, I’ve compiled a list of my 10 favorite “Rachel Speaks” columns over the years, dating all the way back to its launch in 2004.
I hope you enjoy reading them over as much as I enjoyed compiling them and remembering all the wonderful folks who’ve reached out over the years.
Happy holidays to you and your families.
A look at summer’s new hits and misses
Pandora: We’re going advertising-free
Big news: Amazon videos going offline
‘Ninja Warrior’ ties a three-year high
A shift for the ‘Video Music Awards’
Want to reach Hispanics? Try mobile ads.
MTV’s VMAs set a Twitter TV record
Programming blog: Latest pickups and cancellations
Summer’s top shows among Millennials
The future of agencies: Mining for data
Denver: TV and radio spending are flat
‘Hand of God,’ off to parts unknown
Boost your media IQ. Sign up here.
- Dan Donovan becomes ECD at McCann New York
- Devin Reiter becomes Crispin Porter + Bogusky managing director in Boulder
- Alvaro Cabrera becomes chief strategy officer at DigitasLBi
- Roy Torres becomes creative director at 22squared
- Sarah McNaughton becomes site director at new Dr. Oz site
- David Woolfson and Michael Benowitz become SVPs at Screenvision
- Lindsay Sloane becomes EVP of production at MGM Television
- 'The View' executive producer Bill Wolff exiting
- Scott Van Pelt hosting midnight edition of 'SportsCenter'
- Alex Morgan and Chris Paul appearing on Disney XD's 'Becoming'
- Tom Selleck starring in new 'Jesse Stone' movie at Hallmark Channel
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Interactive media buyer job in Cedar Falls, Iowa
Junior media planner wanted in Austin
Assistant media planner job in Atlanta
Local marketing specialist wanted in Greensboro
Part-time media buyer job in Lake Bluff, Illinois