Another record quarter for online ads
January 2, 2013
No big surprise that internet advertising revenue set yet another record during third quarter of last year.
What’s interesting is that online is now earning more than $9 billion per quarter, roughly three times what it was pulling in just seven years ago.
Ad revenue hit an all-time record $9.26 billion during third quarter, according to the Interactive Advertising Bureau, up 6 percent over second quarter of last year, when $8.72 billion was spent.
It was also up 18 percent year-to-year, from $7.8 billion.
That should lead into another record quarter to end the year, as fourth quarter spending is traditionally high, with advertisers trying to reach consumers for holiday sales.
Though this year’s holiday sales weren’t nearly as strong as retailers had hoped, many more did use the internet to advertise them, both because of the continued gains in online usage and because TV, the most popular retail medium, was tight due to the president election.
Tags: ad spending, ads, consumers, holiday, iab, interactive advertising bureau, internet, internet ad spending, online, online ad spending, online ad spending record, online ads, online spending, retail, tv
Game 7 smacks a home run for Fox
A buyer’s primer on out of home measurement
‘Olive Kitteridge,’ fine tale brilliantly told
Rachel, talk to me about networking
The new frontier: Digital out of home
Best tube bets this weekend
So, who will win the November sweeps?
The complete TV schedule for election night
‘Sleepy Hollow’ scares up some buzz with Lyft
NBC Universal renews Meredith Vieira’s show
Native advertising gives NY Times a lift
NBC keeps on riding the Breeder’s Cup
‘Black-ish’ grows against World Series Game 7
- Jessie McGuire becomes U.S. strategy director at Elmwood
- Greg McAlinden becomes creative director at ODD
- Nick Ascheim rises and Shaun Hekking joins at BBC Worldwide
- Jonathan Hills becomes VP of digital media at Bravo Media
- Debbie Reichig becomes SVP of sales research at Twentieth TV
- Isaac Payam Ahdout becomes SVP of engineering at Tapad
- Fred Melamed joins Showtime's 'House of Lies'
- Lily Rabe appearing on FX's 'American Horror Story'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' cast guesting on TBS's 'Conan'
- Joel McHale remaining host of E!’s ‘The Soup’
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Media buyer wanted in Las Vegas
Junior media buyer opening in Venice, California
Media freelancer available for all markets
Media buyer job in Syracuse
Assistant media planner/buyer wanted in Austin