‘American Idol’ spreads Christmas cheer
December 20, 2012
“American Idol” can do more than provide the soundtrack for a holiday celebration.
To promote the upcoming 12th season of the hit show, Fox has dispatched “Idol”-themed gift wrappers to malls across the country, where they will provide free services through Christmas Eve.
Wrapping stations are set up at Westchester Mall in New York, Beverly Center in Los Angeles, Orland Square Mall in Chicago, Lenox Square Mall in Atlanta, and Grapevine Mills Mall in Dallas.
The wrapping paper is branded with “Idol’s” name and network.
While shoppers wait for their packages to be wrapped, they can watch clips from the upcoming season, which features new judges Keith Urban, Nicki Minaj and Mariah Carey.
Fox is also accepting donations on behalf of the Red Cross for Hurricane Sandy Relief efforts.
“Idol” premieres on Jan. 16.
Tags: alternative media, american idol, american idol gift wrapping, american idol premiere, american idol season 12, Christmas Eve, features, fox, fox alternative media, holiday, keith urban, New York, Red Cross
Getting out of home measurement right
‘Blindspot’ bumps up in week four
Whoa: No more naked ladies in Playboy
Magazines’ new play: Money-back guarantee
‘American Horror Story’ screams on Twitter
Fall TV’s winners and losers (so far)
L+7 surprises from premiere week
‘Casual,’ that about captures it
Catch the next big wave: Hispanic media
For ‘Best Time Ever,’ a tougher time
WashPost reporter convicted in Iran
OK return for NBC’s sitcom ‘Undateable’
Scripted shows fall vs. strong competition
- Toygar Bazarkaya and Matt Howell join Havas Worldwide
- Kathryn McFarlane rises to creative director at Team One
- Steve Elliott becomes VP of branded entertainment at Comedy Central
- BBC director of television Danny Cohen exiting
- Preston Hillman becomes principal data scientist at PushSpring
- Matt Melnick becomes SVP of global sales at Tracx
- Ben Sprecher becomes chief product officer at Catalina
- Cole Wright becomes host of NFL Network's 'NFL HQ'
- Taye Diggs guesting on Fox's 'Rosewood'
- Rihanna performing on CBS's 'Victoria's Secret Fashion Show'
- Paul Reubens guesting on Fox's 'Gotham'
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Digital media planner opening in Seattle
Paid social media planner wanted in McLean, Virginia
Assistant OOH strategist position in New York
Media planner wanted in Philadelphia
Media buyer coordinator opening in New Haven