‘American Idol’ spreads Christmas cheer
December 20, 2012
“American Idol” can do more than provide the soundtrack for a holiday celebration.
To promote the upcoming 12th season of the hit show, Fox has dispatched “Idol”-themed gift wrappers to malls across the country, where they will provide free services through Christmas Eve.
Wrapping stations are set up at Westchester Mall in New York, Beverly Center in Los Angeles, Orland Square Mall in Chicago, Lenox Square Mall in Atlanta, and Grapevine Mills Mall in Dallas.
The wrapping paper is branded with “Idol’s” name and network.
While shoppers wait for their packages to be wrapped, they can watch clips from the upcoming season, which features new judges Keith Urban, Nicki Minaj and Mariah Carey.
Fox is also accepting donations on behalf of the Red Cross for Hurricane Sandy Relief efforts.
“Idol” premieres on Jan. 16.
Tags: alternative media, american idol, american idol gift wrapping, american idol premiere, american idol season 12, Christmas Eve, features, fox, fox alternative media, holiday, keith urban, New York, Red Cross
Who listens to the most radio? Hispanics.
‘Wild’ matches second-best rating
Summer’s DVR winners: ‘Pines’ and ‘Dome’
UFC fight pounds the Twitter competition
Programming blog: Latest pickups and cancellations
Coming, a new way to listen to FM radio
Study: Think digital video, think mobile
Whoa, wild animals lit brightly at night
‘Life in Pieces,’ lacking instructions
Tell us your thoughts on radio
Jamming with country’s top acts
AT&T makes its first DirecTV play
Why ratings decline: A case study
- Jeffrey Gorder, Jane Delworth and Paula Biondich rise at mono
- Jennifer Putnam becomes CCO at Allen & Gerritsen
- Hollie Newton becomes executive creative director at Sunshine
- Katy Loria rises to chief revenue officer at Screenvision
- Marty Sartini Garner rises to senior editor at Flood Magazine
- Tasha Blasi Pannuzzo becomes SVP of marketing at Westwood One
- Oren Liebermann and Matt Rivers join CNN International
- Jenna Dewan-Tatum joins the cast of CBS's 'Supergirl'
- James Cromwell joins HBO's 'The Young Pope'
- Falk Hentschel joins CW's 'Legends of Tomorrow'
- Vivica A. Fox and Romeo Miller join TV One holiday movies
- Carla Gugino joins Showtime's upcoming 'Roadies'
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Interactive media buyer job in Cedar Falls, Iowa
Junior media planner wanted in Austin
Assistant media planner job in Atlanta
Local marketing specialist wanted in Greensboro
Part-time media buyer job in Lake Bluff, Illinois