‘American Idol’ spreads Christmas cheer
December 20, 2012
“American Idol” can do more than provide the soundtrack for a holiday celebration.
To promote the upcoming 12th season of the hit show, Fox has dispatched “Idol”-themed gift wrappers to malls across the country, where they will provide free services through Christmas Eve.
Wrapping stations are set up at Westchester Mall in New York, Beverly Center in Los Angeles, Orland Square Mall in Chicago, Lenox Square Mall in Atlanta, and Grapevine Mills Mall in Dallas.
The wrapping paper is branded with “Idol’s” name and network.
While shoppers wait for their packages to be wrapped, they can watch clips from the upcoming season, which features new judges Keith Urban, Nicki Minaj and Mariah Carey.
Fox is also accepting donations on behalf of the Red Cross for Hurricane Sandy Relief efforts.
“Idol” premieres on Jan. 16.
Tags: alternative media, american idol, american idol gift wrapping, american idol premiere, american idol season 12, Christmas Eve, features, fox, fox alternative media, holiday, keith urban, New York, Red Cross
Big shakeup at NBC News, as expected
February sweep’s winners and losers
Whoa: The Hispanic population will double
Nearly everyone’s got a smartphone
‘The Returned,’ just why is the question
Tell us, what’s the mood at your agency?
Best tube bets this weekend 3.6.15
President and CEO fizzle out at TheBlaze
Pew: Race influences local news consumption
More changes at the top at Viacom
Hefty fine for a misleading Snuggie ads
Your selfie on a digital billboard, for a cause
You guessed it, another record for ‘Empire’
- Tim Libby becomes SVP and digital director at Starcom USA
- Cedric Devitt becomes chief creative officer at Big Spaceship
- Tony Zito rises to CEO at Rakuten Marketing
- Nick Maine, Sam Thompson and Ashraf Mohammad join Digital Pulp
- Scott Bailey becomes automotive president at TEN
- Bill Brink rises to media editor at The New York Times
- Cara Rubinsky rises to associate Europe editor at The AP
- John Strong and Alexi Lalas leading FS1's MLS coverage
- Three join the cast of AMC's 'The Night Manager'
- Griffin Gluck joins NBC comedy pilot 'Cuckoo'
- Martha Stewart among Justin Bieber roasters
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Remote media buyer available for all markets
Offline media buyer job in San Francisco
Spot media buyer wanted in Greenville, S.C.
Communications strategist/media planner in Chicago
Digital campaign and analytics manager