‘American Idol’ spreads Christmas cheer
December 20, 2012
“American Idol” can do more than provide the soundtrack for a holiday celebration.
To promote the upcoming 12th season of the hit show, Fox has dispatched “Idol”-themed gift wrappers to malls across the country, where they will provide free services through Christmas Eve.
Wrapping stations are set up at Westchester Mall in New York, Beverly Center in Los Angeles, Orland Square Mall in Chicago, Lenox Square Mall in Atlanta, and Grapevine Mills Mall in Dallas.
The wrapping paper is branded with “Idol’s” name and network.
While shoppers wait for their packages to be wrapped, they can watch clips from the upcoming season, which features new judges Keith Urban, Nicki Minaj and Mariah Carey.
Fox is also accepting donations on behalf of the Red Cross for Hurricane Sandy Relief efforts.
“Idol” premieres on Jan. 16.
Tags: alternative media, american idol, american idol gift wrapping, american idol premiere, american idol season 12, Christmas Eve, features, fox, fox alternative media, holiday, keith urban, New York, Red Cross
ABC and Fox tie for first on Thursday
The coming political boom for radio
How papers are reaching out to Millennials
Local Super Bowl advertising at a glance
Rachel, my boss doesn’t know when day’s done
So, what are your thoughts on Donald Trump now?
Weekend TV: The zombies are back
Newsweek tears down its paywall
Maybe it’s not quite time for the smartwatch
Cable overnights: Less excitement for Cavs-Lakers
A tight Wednesday night for broadcast
Programming blog: What’s canceled and renewed
Our most endangered medium: Direct mail
- Philippe Krakowsky rises to chairman at IPG Mediabrands
- Rodrigo Grau becomes CCO at JWT Latin America
- Charles Thornton becomes VP of digital at the Automotive Ad Agency
- Todd Eisner becomes creative director at barrettSF
- Sarah Katt becomes VP of product development at AccuWeather
- David Pescovitz becomes editor at large at WebbyAwards.com
- Eddie Jordan and Sabine Schmitz join BBC America's 'Top Gear'
- Lee Majors joins Starz' 'Ash vs. Evil Dead'
- Kyle Schmid joins History military drama 'Six'
- Shawn Ashmore joins ABC drama pilot 'Conviction'
- Scott Wilson joins Netflix's 'The OA'
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Digital content manager opening in Atlanta
Senior media planner wanted in Des Moines
Media planner/buyer position in Cincinnati
Looking for a media strategist in Cincinnati
Opening for a marketing communications manager