‘American Idol’ spreads Christmas cheer
December 20, 2012
“American Idol” can do more than provide the soundtrack for a holiday celebration.
To promote the upcoming 12th season of the hit show, Fox has dispatched “Idol”-themed gift wrappers to malls across the country, where they will provide free services through Christmas Eve.
Wrapping stations are set up at Westchester Mall in New York, Beverly Center in Los Angeles, Orland Square Mall in Chicago, Lenox Square Mall in Atlanta, and Grapevine Mills Mall in Dallas.
The wrapping paper is branded with “Idol’s” name and network.
While shoppers wait for their packages to be wrapped, they can watch clips from the upcoming season, which features new judges Keith Urban, Nicki Minaj and Mariah Carey.
Fox is also accepting donations on behalf of the Red Cross for Hurricane Sandy Relief efforts.
“Idol” premieres on Jan. 16.
Tags: alternative media, american idol, american idol gift wrapping, american idol premiere, american idol season 12, Christmas Eve, features, fox, fox alternative media, holiday, keith urban, New York, Red Cross
Tell us, what’s your take on Martha Stewart?
World Series viewership rises in Game 2
Behind AMC’s decision to buy into BBC America
Final cable upfront tally: Down from last year
There goes ‘Honey Boo Boo?’ Show may be done.
FCC: Media mega-mergers are on hold
Competition holds up against World Series
Ben Bradlee, in other people’s words
How the MRC investigates snafus
New York City: TV is suddenly tight
‘Celebrity Name Game,’ bubblegum
For ‘Newsreaders,’ a dash of the absurd
World Series posts new low for opener
- Matt Herrmann becomes CSO at Pereira & O’Dell
- Jeff Maldavir rises to VP of client services at Millennium Communications
- Peter Lattman rises to deputy business editor at The NY Times
- Boris Gartner becomes chief strategy officer at Fusion
- Paul Greenberg becomes CEO at Nylon Media
- Andrew Horlick rises to VP of sales at Bidtellect
- Courtney Love joins the cast of Fox's 'Empire’
- Steve Coogan replacing late Philip Seymour Hoffman in Showtime's 'Happyish'
- Michelle Trachtenberg guesting on Fox's 'Sleepy Hollow'
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Media freelancer available for all markets
Media buyer job in Syracuse
Assistant media planner/buyer wanted in Austin
Digital media buyer/planner job in Norcross, Georgia
Associate media planner wanted in Chicago