‘American Idol’ spreads Christmas cheer
December 20, 2012
“American Idol” can do more than provide the soundtrack for a holiday celebration.
To promote the upcoming 12th season of the hit show, Fox has dispatched “Idol”-themed gift wrappers to malls across the country, where they will provide free services through Christmas Eve.
Wrapping stations are set up at Westchester Mall in New York, Beverly Center in Los Angeles, Orland Square Mall in Chicago, Lenox Square Mall in Atlanta, and Grapevine Mills Mall in Dallas.
The wrapping paper is branded with “Idol’s” name and network.
While shoppers wait for their packages to be wrapped, they can watch clips from the upcoming season, which features new judges Keith Urban, Nicki Minaj and Mariah Carey.
Fox is also accepting donations on behalf of the Red Cross for Hurricane Sandy Relief efforts.
“Idol” premieres on Jan. 16.
Tags: alternative media, american idol, american idol gift wrapping, american idol premiere, american idol season 12, Christmas Eve, features, fox, fox alternative media, holiday, keith urban, New York, Red Cross
‘How to Get Away With Murder’ equals a season high
Satellite’s now an afterthought in the era of digital radio
NASCAR spins its wheels as season gets underway
Best of the week: Ranking black American influencers
Paper cuts: Axe swings at The Financial Times
It’s time to get over the gimcrack of Times Square
Weekend TV: It’s Oscar time in la la land
People really didn’t like media coverage of the election
Cable overnights: ‘Alaskan Bush People’ rises in finale
ABC wins Wednesday with night’s top four shows
TV programming blog: All the cancellations and renewals
Who’s leading the February sweep? It’s complicated.
So-so start for HBO’s much-hyped latest new series
- Eight join at FCB Chicago
- Seth Kusiak rises to VP of infrastructure and security services at Advertising Specialty Institute
- John Podesta joins The Washington Post as contributing columnist
- Kim Lamoreaux joins DeForest Times-Tribune
- Lauren Burack rises to SVP of brand and consumer marketing at IFC
- Matthew Broderick starring in ‘Katrina: American Crime Story’
- Brad Garrett joins CBS drama pilot ‘The Get’
- Lea Michele joins ABC comedy pilot
- Lauren Graham joins Fox comedy ‘Linda From HR’
- Former Fox News Channel host Alan Colmes dies at 66
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top-rated movies, songs and books
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s digital traffic data: December 2016
Opening for a media planner at a top OOH agency
Orlando agency looking for a media planner/buyer
Freelance media planner/buyer available
Junior media planner/buyer position in Minneapolis-St. Paul
Media sales coordinator opening in New York