‘American Idol’ spreads Christmas cheer
December 20, 2012
“American Idol” can do more than provide the soundtrack for a holiday celebration.
To promote the upcoming 12th season of the hit show, Fox has dispatched “Idol”-themed gift wrappers to malls across the country, where they will provide free services through Christmas Eve.
Wrapping stations are set up at Westchester Mall in New York, Beverly Center in Los Angeles, Orland Square Mall in Chicago, Lenox Square Mall in Atlanta, and Grapevine Mills Mall in Dallas.
The wrapping paper is branded with “Idol’s” name and network.
While shoppers wait for their packages to be wrapped, they can watch clips from the upcoming season, which features new judges Keith Urban, Nicki Minaj and Mariah Carey.
Fox is also accepting donations on behalf of the Red Cross for Hurricane Sandy Relief efforts.
“Idol” premieres on Jan. 16.
Tags: alternative media, american idol, american idol gift wrapping, american idol premiere, american idol season 12, Christmas Eve, features, fox, fox alternative media, holiday, keith urban, New York, Red Cross
Another Thursday night of football preemptions
The new king of late night indeed
Sports’ sudden superstar: Mo’ne Davis
Dallas: Cowboys kick up TV spending
‘Intruders,’ eerie at a measured pace
Tell us, what’s your take on automated buying?
Best tube bets this weekend
TNT nabs rights to ‘Hunger Games’ and ‘Divergent’
Cable overnights: FNC snaps CNN win streak
Amazon’s drones are coming! (In India, not U.S.)
Now on music sharing site SoundCloud, advertising
Lawsuit claims People is biased against blacks
‘Big Brother’ lifts CBS to Wednesday win
- Neil Munn rises to global CEO at BBH
- Kim Heneghan joins and Kim Castro rises at U.S. News & World Report
- Patty Adams Martinez, Busra Erkara and Mickey Stanley join Nylon
- Kevin Frazier becomes co-host at 'Entertainment Tonight'
- Rachel Brosnahan joins CBS's 'The Dovekeepers'
- Eva Longoria guesting on Fox's 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine'
- Megan Mullally and Natalie Morales guesting on 'Parks and Recreation'
- Tony Shalhoub joins the cast of Showtime's 'Nurse Jackie'
- Emmy-winning animator Liz Holzman dies at age 61
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Media planner/buyer opening in Detroit
Senior media planner/buyer job in Phoenix
Opening for an associate media director in SF
Media buyer opening in Milwaukee
Manager of media planning job in Dallas