‘American Idol’ spreads Christmas cheer
December 20, 2012
“American Idol” can do more than provide the soundtrack for a holiday celebration.
To promote the upcoming 12th season of the hit show, Fox has dispatched “Idol”-themed gift wrappers to malls across the country, where they will provide free services through Christmas Eve.
Wrapping stations are set up at Westchester Mall in New York, Beverly Center in Los Angeles, Orland Square Mall in Chicago, Lenox Square Mall in Atlanta, and Grapevine Mills Mall in Dallas.
The wrapping paper is branded with “Idol’s” name and network.
While shoppers wait for their packages to be wrapped, they can watch clips from the upcoming season, which features new judges Keith Urban, Nicki Minaj and Mariah Carey.
Fox is also accepting donations on behalf of the Red Cross for Hurricane Sandy Relief efforts.
“Idol” premieres on Jan. 16.
Tags: alternative media, american idol, american idol gift wrapping, american idol premiere, american idol season 12, Christmas Eve, features, fox, fox alternative media, holiday, keith urban, New York, Red Cross
NBC keeps on riding the Breeder’s Cup
‘Black-ish’ grows against World Series Game 7
A buyer’s primer on out of home measurement
CBS’s challenge: Life after football
With mobile devices, we’re all different
Las Vegas: Political pulls in TV dollars
The new frontier: Digital out of home
‘The McCarthys,’ honed to a dull edge
For ‘Mom,’ a chance for a new start
So, who will win the November sweeps?
Game 6 surges to best viewership of World Series
Cable overnights: Duggar wedding lifts ’19 Kids’
‘Women of the Bible’ coming to Lifetime
- Jessie McGuire becomes U.S. strategy director at Elmwood
- Greg McAlinden becomes creative director at ODD
- Nick Ascheim rises and Shaun Hekking joins at BBC Worldwide
- Jonathan Hills becomes VP of digital media at Bravo Media
- Debbie Reichig becomes SVP of sales research at Twentieth TV
- Isaac Payam Ahdout becomes SVP of engineering at Tapad
- Fred Melamed joins Showtime's 'House of Lies'
- Lily Rabe appearing on FX's 'American Horror Story'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' cast guesting on TBS's 'Conan'
- Joel McHale remaining host of E!’s ‘The Soup’
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Media buyer wanted in Las Vegas
Junior media buyer opening in Venice, California
Media freelancer available for all markets
Media buyer job in Syracuse
Assistant media planner/buyer wanted in Austin