‘American Idol’ spreads Christmas cheer
December 20, 2012
“American Idol” can do more than provide the soundtrack for a holiday celebration.
To promote the upcoming 12th season of the hit show, Fox has dispatched “Idol”-themed gift wrappers to malls across the country, where they will provide free services through Christmas Eve.
Wrapping stations are set up at Westchester Mall in New York, Beverly Center in Los Angeles, Orland Square Mall in Chicago, Lenox Square Mall in Atlanta, and Grapevine Mills Mall in Dallas.
The wrapping paper is branded with “Idol’s” name and network.
While shoppers wait for their packages to be wrapped, they can watch clips from the upcoming season, which features new judges Keith Urban, Nicki Minaj and Mariah Carey.
Fox is also accepting donations on behalf of the Red Cross for Hurricane Sandy Relief efforts.
“Idol” premieres on Jan. 16.
Tags: alternative media, american idol, american idol gift wrapping, american idol premiere, american idol season 12, Christmas Eve, features, fox, fox alternative media, holiday, keith urban, New York, Red Cross
Stunner: Univision axes ‘Sabado Gigante’
CBS wins for the third straight night
A la carte, kinda: Verizon’s new deal
Online video’s not getting the ad dollars
May’s most-anticipated sweeps stunts
‘Tatau,’ silliness in the South Pacific
Rachel, I’m thinking of going on my own
Weekend TV: The NBA playoffs tip off
Tell us, which bubble shows will survive?
Tops for OTT: Baltimore & Minneapolis
Veteran ‘Survivor’ finishes No. 1
Programming blog: Latest pickups and cancellations
Nat Geo Channel upfront: Five new shows
- Matt Baker becomes head of planning at JWT NY
- Kevin Amos and Dan Gbur becomes VPs at Brunner
- Mark Lopez becomes EVP and GM at Univision Digital
- Sara Morris becomes senior director of government affairs at iHeartMedia
- Meggan Crum becomes accessories director at InStyle
- Neil Versel, Thornton McEnery and Kathryn Rubino join Breaking Media
- Anand Subramanian becomes SVP of operations at Synacor
- Christina Cole joins the cast of USA's 'Suits'
- Four join the cast of AMC's upcoming adaptation 'The Night Manager'
- Dave Matthews Band performing on 'Legends on Letterman'
- NY Times reporter and editor Barbara Strauch dies at age 63
This week’s younger viewer ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
Agency sales opening in Mt. Pleasant, SC
Freelance senior media planner job in Seattle
Digital media planner wanted in Boston
Out-of-home specialist available for all markets
Media planner/buyer job in Raleigh