‘American Idol’ spreads Christmas cheer
December 20, 2012
“American Idol” can do more than provide the soundtrack for a holiday celebration.
To promote the upcoming 12th season of the hit show, Fox has dispatched “Idol”-themed gift wrappers to malls across the country, where they will provide free services through Christmas Eve.
Wrapping stations are set up at Westchester Mall in New York, Beverly Center in Los Angeles, Orland Square Mall in Chicago, Lenox Square Mall in Atlanta, and Grapevine Mills Mall in Dallas.
The wrapping paper is branded with “Idol’s” name and network.
While shoppers wait for their packages to be wrapped, they can watch clips from the upcoming season, which features new judges Keith Urban, Nicki Minaj and Mariah Carey.
Fox is also accepting donations on behalf of the Red Cross for Hurricane Sandy Relief efforts.
“Idol” premieres on Jan. 16.
Tags: alternative media, american idol, american idol gift wrapping, american idol premiere, american idol season 12, Christmas Eve, features, fox, fox alternative media, holiday, keith urban, New York, Red Cross
ABC and CBS tie for No. 1 on sweeps’ final night
OMG, teens are so over Facebook
CBS snaps Fox’s eight-year win streak
Twitter increases security measures
Discovery launches online video network
CBS adds another comedy for next season
‘The Office’ series finale a social media hit
‘Hit the Floor,’ no, grab the remote
Rachel, I’m irked. My friend got a raise.
Order up: One freshly made billboard
Best tube bets this weekend
So, how will the upfront shake out?
NBC wins penultimate night of sweeps
- Marianne Gambelli becomes chief investment officer at Horizon Media
- Andy Grant becomes associate creative director at CP + B
- Shashi Seth becomes president at Tribune Digital Ventures
- Julie Piepenkotter rises to EVP of research at FX
- Cherie Cohen becomes SVP of cable ad sales at NBCUniversal
- Andrew Leisner rises to motorcycle group publisher at Bonnier
- Dominic Laval becomes director of business development at Capablue
- Paul Barford becomes chief scientist at Broadcast Interactive Media
- Mia Maestro joins FX drama pilot 'The Strain'
- Giuliana Rancic and Nick Jonas hosting NBC's 'Miss USA'
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Media planner opening in San Francisco
Media buyer/search specialist in Los Angeles
Media supervisor position in Kohler, WI
Associate media director in New York
Digital media planner opening in Boston