Al Jazeera America eyeing August launch
June 12, 2013
Current TV will switch to Al Jazeera America in August, months after the surprising sale of the Al Gore-co-founded network.
The switch will happen the week of Aug. 24, according to reports out yesterday, and the network has two new shows slated to launch that week, including nightly newsmagazine “America Tonight,” which will air at 9 p.m.
“Real Money” will take the nightly 7 p.m. slot. The channel will also launch a morning program without the usual fluff of such shows.
The channel has yet to name a president as the launch nears.
Meanwhile, in other programming, “Oprah’s Master Class” will feature Berry Gordy and Diahann Carroll in back-to-back episodes airing Sunday at 9 and 10 p.m. on the Oprah Winfrey Network.
Lifetime’s “Supermarket Superstar,” hosted by Stacy Keibler, will launch July 22 at 10 p.m.
National Geographic Channel’s “Battleground Afghanistan,” which shows the war through American Marines’ eyes, will bow July 1 at 9 p.m., followed by “Eyewitness War” at 10 p.m.
WeTV has renewed “Joan & Melissa: Joan Knows Best?” for a fourth season and “Tamar & Vince” for a second season.
And DirecTV has ordered thriller “Rogue,” to debut next year.
ABC wins first night of November sweeps
Game 7 smacks a home run for Fox
A buyer’s primer on out of home measurement
‘Olive Kitteridge,’ fine tale brilliantly told
Rachel, talk to me about networking
The new frontier: Digital out of home
Best tube bets this weekend
So, who will win the November sweeps?
The complete TV schedule for election night
‘Sleepy Hollow’ scares up some buzz with Lyft
NBC Universal renews Meredith Vieira’s show
Native advertising gives NY Times a lift
NBC keeps on riding the Breeder’s Cup
- Jessie McGuire becomes U.S. strategy director at Elmwood
- Greg McAlinden becomes creative director at ODD
- Nick Ascheim rises and Shaun Hekking joins at BBC Worldwide
- Jonathan Hills becomes VP of digital media at Bravo Media
- Debbie Reichig becomes SVP of sales research at Twentieth TV
- Isaac Payam Ahdout becomes SVP of engineering at Tapad
- Fred Melamed joins Showtime's 'House of Lies'
- Lily Rabe appearing on FX's 'American Horror Story'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' cast guesting on TBS's 'Conan'
- Joel McHale remaining host of E!’s ‘The Soup’
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Media buyer wanted in Las Vegas
Junior media buyer opening in Venice, California
Media freelancer available for all markets
Media buyer job in Syracuse
Assistant media planner/buyer wanted in Austin