Al Jazeera America eyeing August launch
June 12, 2013
Current TV will switch to Al Jazeera America in August, months after the surprising sale of the Al Gore-co-founded network.
The switch will happen the week of Aug. 24, according to reports out yesterday, and the network has two new shows slated to launch that week, including nightly newsmagazine “America Tonight,” which will air at 9 p.m.
“Real Money” will take the nightly 7 p.m. slot. The channel will also launch a morning program without the usual fluff of such shows.
The channel has yet to name a president as the launch nears.
Meanwhile, in other programming, “Oprah’s Master Class” will feature Berry Gordy and Diahann Carroll in back-to-back episodes airing Sunday at 9 and 10 p.m. on the Oprah Winfrey Network.
Lifetime’s “Supermarket Superstar,” hosted by Stacy Keibler, will launch July 22 at 10 p.m.
National Geographic Channel’s “Battleground Afghanistan,” which shows the war through American Marines’ eyes, will bow July 1 at 9 p.m., followed by “Eyewitness War” at 10 p.m.
WeTV has renewed “Joan & Melissa: Joan Knows Best?” for a fourth season and “Tamar & Vince” for a second season.
And DirecTV has ordered thriller “Rogue,” to debut next year.
Richard Beckman hops to a new media venture
Hacker hijinks: Station stuck with anti-Trump song
Trump inauguration draws 30.6 million viewers
CBS takes Thursday night with ‘Big Bang Theory’
Puzzling out Carlos Slim’s bold U.S. ambitions
New York leads the Ellie nominations, once again
CBS’s ‘Hunted’: Little hope of sustaining its big bow
Best of the week: On the origins of fake news
In this digital age, the allure of alternative OOH
Digital radio: A primer for media planners and buyers
Weekend TV: ‘Beaches’ for a new generation
Cable overnights: Good start for ‘Six’ on History
Warriors-Cavs sets three-year high on TNT
- Michael Lieberman becomes CSO at Kinetic Worldwide
- Ryan Haskins becomes director of media at Figliulo&Partners
- Deborah Furey becomes SVP of strategy at Wunderman Health
- Martin McDonald becomes VP of strategic sales at V Digital Services
- Bob Johns becomes chief revenue officer at Big Outdoor
- Chris Brooks rises to EVP of distribution at CW
- Salil Mehta becomes president at FoxNext
- David Perpich becomes president and GM at The Wirecutter
- Jessica Sebor and Aaron Hersh rise at Competitor Group
- Jeff Hackett joins and Mike Owen rises at AdColony
- James Frain joins CBS All Access' 'Star Trek: Discovery'
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top-rated movies, songs and books
This month’s digital traffic data: November 2016
This week’s daypart ratings
Opening for a media planner at a top OOH agency
Orlando agency looking for a media planner/buyer
Freelance media planner/buyer available
Junior media planner/buyer position in Minneapolis-St. Paul
Media sales coordinator opening in New York