Al Gore sued over Current TV sale
March 7, 2013
Al Gore has admitted that he wasn’t immediately on board with the idea of selling his cable TV network, Current, to Al Jazeera in a deal that ultimately came to be worth $500 million.
But did he cut out the man who claims he came up with the sale idea?
That’s the contention of a lawsuit filed against Gore Tuesday in San Francisco Superior Court.
John Terenzio, a media consultant and TV producer, claims to have come up with the idea for distributing an American Al Jazeera. He says he identified Current TV as a potential avenue for Al Jazeera and went so far as to present a proposal for the deal to one of Current’s board members, who said he would send it on to Gore.
Gore, the court documents state, was initially against the idea but had a change of heart and ultimately agreed to the sale.
Terenzio is suing for breach of implied agreement, unjust enrichment and quantum meruit. He is seeking $5 million for each alleged violation.
Alas, New Day won’t see another one
The ever-elusive promise of podcasting
What to watch for at the Newfronts: Day four
Digital Content Newfronts blog: Day three update
Psst! The truth about Cinco de Mayo
Tell us, what’s the state of magazines right now?
Watching as the Millennials come of age
Cable overnights: Another slam dunk for basketball
Tribune to Gannett: No thanks, we’re good
Dish Network: Let us come fix your iPhone
Owners: We’re iffy on the Apple Watch
Just how many satellite radio subscribers are there?
‘The Voice’ falls behind ‘NCIS’ on Tuesday
- Nelson Pinero becomes senior partner at GroupM Multicultural
- Erh Ray and Gal Barradas become co-CEOs at Havas Brazil
- Carrin Johnson rises to VP of operations at HackerAgency
- Droga5 group creative director Justin Ebert exits
- Syfy SVPs Paul Shapiro and Erik Storey exit
- Perla Farias and Carmen Urbaneja rise at Telemundo Studios
- Stacey Dash joins Syfy's 'Sharknado: The 4th Awakens'
- Chris Brancato developing El Chapo project at History
- Radio stations simulcasting Prince's 'Nothing Compares 2 U'
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top-rated movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Assistant media buyer job in Fort Worth
Needed in Louisville: In-house media buyer
Memphis agency seeks a media planner
Needed: Globally conscious sales/marketing rep
San Diego opening for a digital marketing account manager