Al Gore sued over Current TV sale
March 7, 2013
Al Gore has admitted that he wasn’t immediately on board with the idea of selling his cable TV network, Current, to Al Jazeera in a deal that ultimately came to be worth $500 million.
But did he cut out the man who claims he came up with the sale idea?
That’s the contention of a lawsuit filed against Gore Tuesday in San Francisco Superior Court.
John Terenzio, a media consultant and TV producer, claims to have come up with the idea for distributing an American Al Jazeera. He says he identified Current TV as a potential avenue for Al Jazeera and went so far as to present a proposal for the deal to one of Current’s board members, who said he would send it on to Gore.
Gore, the court documents state, was initially against the idea but had a change of heart and ultimately agreed to the sale.
Terenzio is suing for breach of implied agreement, unjust enrichment and quantum meruit. He is seeking $5 million for each alleged violation.
ABC, CBS and Fox bounce back on Wednesday
RJ Palmer, Varick and TargetCast merge into Assembly
Pew: Pope’s getting good buzz on Twitter
How much is new media encroaching on old?
Premiere of ‘The Game’ scores for BET
Facebook shoots down illegal gun sales
Android tablets take a bite out of Apple
British ad bosses nix Oscar Pistorius ad
‘Men,’ from top show to bubble show
Washington, D.C.: Political is big
‘Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey,’ take it
Tell us, are you happy with your salary?
For CNN, a new approach to primetime
- Heather Sandford becomes digital media manager at Ad Partners
- Martin Mohr becomes creative director at TBWA\Chiat\Day
- Carlos Sanchez becomes EVP and GM at Fox Deportes
- Greg Daniel, Laura Nelson, Saul Rosenberg and Marcy Shinder join Nielsen
- Liz Coddington and Melissa Stein join Adara Global
- Akiba Solomon becomes editorial director at Colorlines
- Matthew Galkin rises to partner at Warrior Poets
- Carlos Hermosillo joins Telemundo's sportscasting team
- Brooke Burke-Charvet guesting on ABC Family's 'Melissa & Joey'
- Gabriel Luna starring in El Rey Network's 'Matador'
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Senior planner/buyer opening in Daytona Beach
Media coordinator job in Anchroage
Media planner opening in San Francisco
Media planner/buyer opening in Ancorage
Online marketing media buyer in Camas, Wash.