Al Gore sued over Current TV sale
March 7, 2013
Al Gore has admitted that he wasn’t immediately on board with the idea of selling his cable TV network, Current, to Al Jazeera in a deal that ultimately came to be worth $500 million.
But did he cut out the man who claims he came up with the sale idea?
That’s the contention of a lawsuit filed against Gore Tuesday in San Francisco Superior Court.
John Terenzio, a media consultant and TV producer, claims to have come up with the idea for distributing an American Al Jazeera. He says he identified Current TV as a potential avenue for Al Jazeera and went so far as to present a proposal for the deal to one of Current’s board members, who said he would send it on to Gore.
Gore, the court documents state, was initially against the idea but had a change of heart and ultimately agreed to the sale.
Terenzio is suing for breach of implied agreement, unjust enrichment and quantum meruit. He is seeking $5 million for each alleged violation.
Letterman’s back on top in late-night
‘Mark & Derek’s Excellent Flip,’ not bad
Jenner interview draws 16.9 million
‘Grey’s Anatomy’ grows with plot twist
Why the Empire State Building is red
Comcast confirms: TWC deal is dead
Nielsen: Cord cutting’s no big deal
Washington, D.C.: TV remains strong
‘Happyish,’ happyish in spite of itself
Rachel, this rep’s driving me bonkers
So, what network will win May sweeps?
Weekend TV: Sweeps stunts & sports
Cable overnights: MTV’s ‘Catfish’ surges
- Michael Phillips becomes SVP of technology at LEVEL Studios
- Julien Tessier rises to North America CEO at Diadeis
- Alexis Madrigal rises to editor in chief at Fusion
- Aaron Mehta rises to senior staff writer at Defense News
- Ben Mims and Peter Jon Lindberg joins Saveur magazine
- Faye Brennan rises to senior editor at Women's Health
- Kristin Newman signs overall deal at ABC Studios
- Frank Langella returning for season four of FX's 'The Americans'
- Longtime Tim film critic Richard Corliss dies at age 71
This week’s younger viewer ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
Assistant media planner wanted in San Francisco
Media planner position open in Charlotte
Media planner and content manager opportunity
Agency sales opening in Mt. Pleasant, SC
Freelance senior media planner job in Seattle