Al Gore sued over Current TV sale
March 7, 2013
Al Gore has admitted that he wasn’t immediately on board with the idea of selling his cable TV network, Current, to Al Jazeera in a deal that ultimately came to be worth $500 million.
But did he cut out the man who claims he came up with the sale idea?
That’s the contention of a lawsuit filed against Gore Tuesday in San Francisco Superior Court.
John Terenzio, a media consultant and TV producer, claims to have come up with the idea for distributing an American Al Jazeera. He says he identified Current TV as a potential avenue for Al Jazeera and went so far as to present a proposal for the deal to one of Current’s board members, who said he would send it on to Gore.
Gore, the court documents state, was initially against the idea but had a change of heart and ultimately agreed to the sale.
Terenzio is suing for breach of implied agreement, unjust enrichment and quantum meruit. He is seeking $5 million for each alleged violation.
Cable overnights: A surge for ‘Suits’
Washington Post: Iran detained our reporter
Ahhh, a little light mooding for ‘Sharknado 2′
Study: Good Twitter buzz can really lift a movie
More rumors about ‘Meet the Press’ host
A night of ups and downs for broadcast
Two more summer shows get the axe
St. Louis: Picking up after a slow start
‘Married,’ funny, yes. Deep? No.
So, what’s your take on Fox-Time Warner?
For Fox, extra helpings of chef Ramsay
No ‘Jump of the Century’ after all
Cable overnights: ‘Rizzoli’ rises in 18-49s
- CBS Outdoor president and COO Wally Kelly exiting
- Matt Miller becomes ECD at BBDO San Francisco
- Drew Brown becomes SVP of production at AMC
- Denise Vance rises to head of U.S. video and radio at the AP
- Josh Topolsky becomes an online editor at Bloomberg
- David Rubin becomes head of brand at Pinterest
- Amie Deutch becomes publisher at Tasting Table
- Caroline Sheu becomes chief marketing officer at Care.com
- Paul Burden becomes SVP of sales at XAPPmedia
- Maude Apatow guesting on HBO's 'Girls'
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Digital media planner position in Austin
Media planning supervisor job in New York
Digital media planner opening in Chicago
Assistant media buyer job in Iowa City
Media strategist position in Stamford