ABC slates ‘Private Practice’ series finale
December 14, 2012
ABC has scheduled the series finale of “Private Practice,” the “Grey’s Anatomy” spinoff that aired for years on Thursday nights.
“Practice” will broadcast its final episode Jan. 22, with Audra McDonald, an original cast member on the show, returning for the goodbye.
“Practice” followed former “Grey’s” doctor Addison to a new life in Los Angeles and ran for six seasons.
Meanwhile, in other programming, the new season of Discovery Channel’s “Bering Sea Gold” will bow Jan. 4 at 10 p.m.
VH1’s “Mob Wives” returns Jan. 6 at 8 p.m., leading into the new show “Making Mr. Right” at 9 p.m. “Love & Hip Hop” returns Jan. 7 at 8 p.m., followed by the new reality show “Black Ink Crew” at 9 p.m. And “The Jenny McCarthy Show” will bow Feb. 8 at 10:30 p.m.
MTV’s new late-night comedy series “Nikki & Sara LIVE” will bow Jan. 29 at 11 p.m., based on Nikki Glaser and Sara Schaefer’s popular podcast “You Had to Be There.”
Logo is launching “The Sex Show” on Feb. 4 at 11 p.m. It will air live nightly and sounds like MTV’s old “Loveline,” with a panel of experts taking viewers’ calls, including host Heidi Hamilton, ex-porn star Katie Morgan, psychic life coach Dougall Fraser and relationship and sexuality expert Dr. Mike Dow.
And TV Land has renewed “The Soul Man” and “The Exes.”
Tags: abc, bering sea gold, Black Ink Crew, cast member, discovery channel, Dougall Fraser, Grey, Heidi Hamilton, Katie Morgan, los angeles, love & hip hop, Mike Dow, mob wives, mtv, Nikki & Sara LIVE, private practice, private practice finale, VH1, viewers
Study: Hostile couch potatoes at risk of injury
The scoop on Millennials’ viewing habits
Big surge for ‘Señor de los Cielos’
New from Hulu, commercial-free viewing
Rebekah Brooks back at News Corp. Really.
NFL pushes further into streaming
Mobile’s chunk of ad dollars soars
A look at summer’s new hits and misses
A shift for the ‘Video Music Awards’
‘Arthur & George,’ no Holmesean zip
For ‘Mr. Robot,’ a new type of hit
Pandora: We’re going advertising-free
Big news: Amazon videos going offline
- Kerri Clark rises to VP at Turner Content Distribution
- Amol Jadhav becomes VP of global expansion at The Weather Co.
- Michelle Harper rises to VP of sales at Cox Media Group
- Tom Betts rises to chief data officer at The Financial Times
- Julie Shapiro becomes executive producer at PRX's Radiotopia
- David Hill and Reginald Hudlin producing ABC's Oscars telecast
- Alex Kingston appearing in BBC America's 'Doctor Who' Christmas special
- Eric Stoltz guesting on CBS's 'Madam Secretary'
- Ross Partridge joins the cast of Netflix's 'Stranger Things'
- Sarah Carter joins CBS's 'Hawaii Five-0'
- Ronny Chieng, Desi Lydic and Roy Wood Jr. join ‘The Daily Show’
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Interactive media buyer job in Cedar Falls, Iowa
Junior media planner wanted in Austin
Assistant media planner job in Atlanta
Local marketing specialist wanted in Greensboro
Part-time media buyer job in Lake Bluff, Illinois