ABC slates ‘Private Practice’ series finale
December 14, 2012
ABC has scheduled the series finale of “Private Practice,” the “Grey’s Anatomy” spinoff that aired for years on Thursday nights.
“Practice” will broadcast its final episode Jan. 22, with Audra McDonald, an original cast member on the show, returning for the goodbye.
“Practice” followed former “Grey’s” doctor Addison to a new life in Los Angeles and ran for six seasons.
Meanwhile, in other programming, the new season of Discovery Channel’s “Bering Sea Gold” will bow Jan. 4 at 10 p.m.
VH1’s “Mob Wives” returns Jan. 6 at 8 p.m., leading into the new show “Making Mr. Right” at 9 p.m. “Love & Hip Hop” returns Jan. 7 at 8 p.m., followed by the new reality show “Black Ink Crew” at 9 p.m. And “The Jenny McCarthy Show” will bow Feb. 8 at 10:30 p.m.
MTV’s new late-night comedy series “Nikki & Sara LIVE” will bow Jan. 29 at 11 p.m., based on Nikki Glaser and Sara Schaefer’s popular podcast “You Had to Be There.”
Logo is launching “The Sex Show” on Feb. 4 at 11 p.m. It will air live nightly and sounds like MTV’s old “Loveline,” with a panel of experts taking viewers’ calls, including host Heidi Hamilton, ex-porn star Katie Morgan, psychic life coach Dougall Fraser and relationship and sexuality expert Dr. Mike Dow.
And TV Land has renewed “The Soul Man” and “The Exes.”
Tags: abc, bering sea gold, Black Ink Crew, cast member, discovery channel, Dougall Fraser, Grey, Heidi Hamilton, Katie Morgan, los angeles, love & hip hop, Mike Dow, mob wives, mtv, Nikki & Sara LIVE, private practice, private practice finale, VH1, viewers
The secrets to advertising on Snapchat
What’s next in the Bill Cosby criminal case
CBS makes a clean sweep of the season
Surprise: ABC surges past NBC on final Monday
Billboard Music Awards tumble on Twitter
Imagine, cable TV brought to you by Hulu
Big trends of the Spanish-language upfronts
Maybe 100 percent viewability isn’t the goal
Expect disruption with new overtime rules
So what’s your take on the fall schedules?
Cold comfort: Oh what an NHL playoffs
Coming, the boom in social media video advertising
JWT wants that infamous lawsuit dismissed
- Rachel Mercer becomes digital strategy director at Deutsch
- Becka Walter-Vigorito and Silmo Bonomi join VML
- Krysten de Quesada rises to account director at Pinta
- Kt Thayer becomes creative director at Crispin Porter + Bogusky
- María Martínez-Guzmán and Gabriela Tristán rise at Univision
- Keith Summa, George Lansbury and Alexis Madrigal rise at Fusion
- Dana Bowen becomes executive editor at Martha Stewart Living
- Dayne Damme becomes marketing director at Entercom
- Madelin Bosakewich becomes VP of sales at IBT Media
- George Grobar rises to COO at Penske Media Corp.
- Jim Shilale becomes global head of supply at Cuebiq
- Michael Azzolino becomes EVP of creative affairs at ITV Studios
This week’s top-rated movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Freelance broadcast planner/buyer available
Assistant media buyer job in Fort Worth
Needed in Louisville: In-house media buyer
Memphis agency seeks a media planner
Needed: Globally conscious sales/marketing rep