ABC slates ‘Private Practice’ series finale
December 14, 2012
ABC has scheduled the series finale of “Private Practice,” the “Grey’s Anatomy” spinoff that aired for years on Thursday nights.
“Practice” will broadcast its final episode Jan. 22, with Audra McDonald, an original cast member on the show, returning for the goodbye.
“Practice” followed former “Grey’s” doctor Addison to a new life in Los Angeles and ran for six seasons.
Meanwhile, in other programming, the new season of Discovery Channel’s “Bering Sea Gold” will bow Jan. 4 at 10 p.m.
VH1’s “Mob Wives” returns Jan. 6 at 8 p.m., leading into the new show “Making Mr. Right” at 9 p.m. “Love & Hip Hop” returns Jan. 7 at 8 p.m., followed by the new reality show “Black Ink Crew” at 9 p.m. And “The Jenny McCarthy Show” will bow Feb. 8 at 10:30 p.m.
MTV’s new late-night comedy series “Nikki & Sara LIVE” will bow Jan. 29 at 11 p.m., based on Nikki Glaser and Sara Schaefer’s popular podcast “You Had to Be There.”
Logo is launching “The Sex Show” on Feb. 4 at 11 p.m. It will air live nightly and sounds like MTV’s old “Loveline,” with a panel of experts taking viewers’ calls, including host Heidi Hamilton, ex-porn star Katie Morgan, psychic life coach Dougall Fraser and relationship and sexuality expert Dr. Mike Dow.
And TV Land has renewed “The Soul Man” and “The Exes.”
Tags: abc, bering sea gold, Black Ink Crew, cast member, discovery channel, Dougall Fraser, Grey, Heidi Hamilton, Katie Morgan, los angeles, love & hip hop, Mike Dow, mob wives, mtv, Nikki & Sara LIVE, private practice, private practice finale, VH1, viewers
NBC’s ‘Tonight Show’ hits 11-month high
Friday overnights: ‘Last Man Standing’ lifts ABC
This week’s daypart ratings
Remembering Leonard Nimoy, ‘Star Trek’s’ Spock
Solid sendoff for ‘How to Get Away with Murder’
Alas, 2014 wasn’t good for advertising
Nickelodeon upfront: Cutting the cord
‘The Last Man on Earth,’ quite good
Rachel, I’m fed up with his dirty talk
Tell us your thoughts on Hispanic media
Best tube bets this weekend
Cable overnights: ‘O’Reilly’ tops 3 million again
CBS slates summer premiere dates
- Dan Matarelli becomes VP and director at SMG Performance Marketing
- Chris Gyorgy becomes group creative director at Havas Chicago
- Jonathan Lewis and Dave Ortega rise at McKee Wallwork + Co.
- Alan Brydon becomes CEO at the Outdoor Media Centre
- Mike Sundet becomes director of sports and entertainment at Momentum
- Remy Stern rises to chief digital officer at The New York Post
- Deena Schacter joins and Katie Tomlinson rises at Veranda
- Luz Maria Doria, Irma Martinez and Luz Avila-Kyncl join Siempre Mujer
- Mark Boudreaux becomes director of sales at Entercom New Orleans
- Duncan Lawrence and Sharna Morelli rise at Morpace
- Rob Stone becomes studio host for Fox's Women's World Cup
- Andrew J. West joins CW's 'Dead People'
- Adam Rodriguez joins ABC drama pilot 'Runner'
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Communications strategist/media planner in Chicago
Digital campaign and analytics manager
Digital media buyer job in Springfield, MO
Assistant media planner job in Santa Monica
Digital media planner opening in Las Vegas