ABC gives ‘Nashville’ full-season order
November 13, 2012
"Nashville" hasn't lived up to media buyers' preseason expectations. They predicted that the ABC drama would be the fall season's breakout hit.
After a solid debut, its ratings have fallen sharply, but the network still sees enough promise in the Wednesday 10 p.m. show to pick it up for the full season.
ABC has ordered nine additional episodes of "Nashville," becoming the network's second new show to earn a pickup. "The Neighbors" has also received a full order.
"Nashville" is averaging a 2.1 adults 18-49 rating this season, though that includes a 2.8 for its first episode, which premiered last month behind a huge lead-in from a special episode of "Modern Family."
Since then "Nashville" has aired behind "Suburgatory," and its ratings have declined. Last week's episode finished third in the timeslot with a 2.0, up from the previous week.
The show follows an older country singer (Connie Britton) trying to stay relevant in an era of starlets such as Hayden Panettiere's character.
Fox wins a Wednesday littered with reruns
Philly: Auto driving big TV dollars
Defining the big issues in digital video
A stunt that goes over the rainbow
‘Salem,’ this witches’ brew boils over
Tell us, what’s your forecast for the upfront?
Best tube bets this weekend
Tuesday cable overnights: Solid start for ‘Fargo’
NBCU: We’re ramping up digital content
‘Divorce Court’ up 24 percent this season
Pivot upfront: Four new shows on the way
ABC’s ‘S.H.I.E.L.D.’ grows in later timeslot
New from Kantar, a programmatic buying tool
- Sarah Amatuzio becomes VP and creative director at Alcone
- Tim Nolan becomes group creative director at Huge
- Jonathan Kim rises to digital engineering director at Media Kitchen
- Anand Kini rises to EVP of strategy at NBCUniversal
- Meaghan B. Murphy becomes executive editor at Good Housekeeping
- Mary Jeanne Cavanagh becomes EVP of ad sales at BabyFirst
- Steve McEvoy becomes VP of advertising sales at PageScience
- Howard Schneider becomes Federal Reserve reporter at Reuters
- Former 'The View' co-hosts returning to honor Barbara Walters
- Brad Paisley guesting on CBS's 'Two and a Half Men'
- MSNBC personality Lawrence O'Donnell injured in car accident
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
Media planner/buyer opening in Des Moines
Media planner/buyer opening in Austin
Online media buyer position in Provo, Utah
Digital media planner/buyer job in Minneapolis
Senior media planner job in Dallas/Fort Worth