ABC gives ‘Nashville’ full-season order
November 13, 2012
"Nashville" hasn't lived up to media buyers' preseason expectations. They predicted that the ABC drama would be the fall season's breakout hit.
After a solid debut, its ratings have fallen sharply, but the network still sees enough promise in the Wednesday 10 p.m. show to pick it up for the full season.
ABC has ordered nine additional episodes of "Nashville," becoming the network's second new show to earn a pickup. "The Neighbors" has also received a full order.
"Nashville" is averaging a 2.1 adults 18-49 rating this season, though that includes a 2.8 for its first episode, which premiered last month behind a huge lead-in from a special episode of "Modern Family."
Since then "Nashville" has aired behind "Suburgatory," and its ratings have declined. Last week's episode finished third in the timeslot with a 2.0, up from the previous week.
The show follows an older country singer (Connie Britton) trying to stay relevant in an era of starlets such as Hayden Panettiere's character.
Cable overnights: ‘After Party’ heats up
A first: Streaming Super Bowl ads
Summer’s most DVRed shows: Dramas
Gold Cup final tops Spanish-language TV
Amid controversy, ‘Cait’ does great
British Open final round shines on Twitter
Big bump for ‘Bachelorette’ finale
Programming blog: Latest pickups and cancellations
The real growth in digital radio: Mobile
Play the over-the-top guessing game
Summer’s top shows: Oldies mostly
‘Knock Knock Live,’ snore, snore
For Telemundo, one caliente summer
- Julius Dunn becomes director of talent at DDB North America
- Phil Talbot rises to managing partner at DWA
- Jenn Vickery rises to senior director of digital at Nebo
- Kim Tranmer becomes managing director at Leavitt Digital
- Ian Trombley rises to president of operations at NBCUniversal
- Lleni Sandoval rises to VP of human resources at NBCU Hispanic
- Peter Krogh and Jacco de Bruijn join PhotoShelter
- Ashley Gorman and Patricia Childress join syndicated talk show 'FABLife'
- Diane Keaton joins the cast of HBO's 'The Young Pope'
- Terry O'Quinn joins the cast of ABC's 'Secrets & Lies'
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Assistant media planner job in Atlanta
Local marketing specialist wanted in Greensboro
Part-time media buyer job in Lake Bluff, Illinois
Media buyer/planner wanted in Louisville
Assistant media planner opening in Atlanta