ABC gives ‘Nashville’ full-season order
November 13, 2012
"Nashville" hasn't lived up to media buyers' preseason expectations. They predicted that the ABC drama would be the fall season's breakout hit.
After a solid debut, its ratings have fallen sharply, but the network still sees enough promise in the Wednesday 10 p.m. show to pick it up for the full season.
ABC has ordered nine additional episodes of "Nashville," becoming the network's second new show to earn a pickup. "The Neighbors" has also received a full order.
"Nashville" is averaging a 2.1 adults 18-49 rating this season, though that includes a 2.8 for its first episode, which premiered last month behind a huge lead-in from a special episode of "Modern Family."
Since then "Nashville" has aired behind "Suburgatory," and its ratings have declined. Last week's episode finished third in the timeslot with a 2.0, up from the previous week.
The show follows an older country singer (Connie Britton) trying to stay relevant in an era of starlets such as Hayden Panettiere's character.
Ahhh, a little light mooding for ‘Sharknado 2′
Study: Good Twitter buzz can really lift a movie
More rumors about ‘Meet the Press’ host
A night of ups and downs for broadcast
Two more summer shows get the axe
St. Louis: Picking up after a slow start
‘Married,’ funny, yes. Deep? No.
So, what’s your take on Fox-Time Warner?
For Fox, extra helpings of chef Ramsay
No ‘Jump of the Century’ after all
Cable overnights: ‘Rizzoli’ rises in 18-49s
A college radio fundraiser gone awry
Won’t you help Jon Stewart buy CNN?
- Shoshana Winter becomes executive planning director at mcgarrybowen
- Danna Castiglia rises to VP of business development at CBS News
- Tim Pastore becomes programming president at National Geographic Channel
- Bill Cox and Walter Naar join Grit and Escape
- Nick Catucci becomes features editor at Billboard
- Paul Cushman becomes chief revenue officer at Dstillery
- Michelle Fairley joins the cast of ABC's 'Resurrection'
- Shemar Moore returning to CBS's 'Young and the Restless'
- Lucy Lawless joins ABC's 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.'
- Cast of 'Orange is the New Black' guesting on TBS's 'Conan'
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Digital media planner position in Austin
Media planning supervisor job in New York
Digital media planner opening in Chicago
Assistant media buyer job in Iowa City
Media strategist position in Stamford