ABC gives ‘Nashville’ full-season order
November 13, 2012
"Nashville" hasn't lived up to media buyers' preseason expectations. They predicted that the ABC drama would be the fall season's breakout hit.
After a solid debut, its ratings have fallen sharply, but the network still sees enough promise in the Wednesday 10 p.m. show to pick it up for the full season.
ABC has ordered nine additional episodes of "Nashville," becoming the network's second new show to earn a pickup. "The Neighbors" has also received a full order.
"Nashville" is averaging a 2.1 adults 18-49 rating this season, though that includes a 2.8 for its first episode, which premiered last month behind a huge lead-in from a special episode of "Modern Family."
Since then "Nashville" has aired behind "Suburgatory," and its ratings have declined. Last week's episode finished third in the timeslot with a 2.0, up from the previous week.
The show follows an older country singer (Connie Britton) trying to stay relevant in an era of starlets such as Hayden Panettiere's character.
Watch out, CBS cuts gap with NBC
ACM Awards take a dive on Twitter
ABC tops NBC newscast for third week
CBS’s ‘Scorpion’ grows in season finale
Coming, a boom in smartwatch ads
‘Saving My Tomorrow,’ save a half hour
Programming blog: Latest pickups and cancellations
Suddenly, TV spending looks stronger
The new normal: Multiscreen viewing
New York Times wins three Pulitzers
‘The Prancing Elites Project,’ lotsa heart
So, what network will win May sweeps?
The season’s biggest trend: Diversity
- Luis Martinez becomes design director at 2C Creative
- Matt Gamewell rises to VP of national sales at Learfield Sports
- Charlotte Greensit becomes managing editor at The Intercept
- Christine Buhagiar rises to European region director at Agence France-Presse
- Linda Little rises to market president at iHeartMedia
- Axie Navas rises to senior gear editor at Outside magazine
- Amer Yaqub and Rebecca Frankel rise at Foreign Policy
- Christine Cattano rises to executive producer at Framestore
- Craig T. Nelson joins Netflix's 'Grace and Frankie'
- Mitch Pileggi returning for Fox's 'X-Files' reboot
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
Assistant media planner wanted in San Francisco
Media planner position open in Charlotte
Media planner and content manager opportunity
Agency sales opening in Mt. Pleasant, SC
Freelance senior media planner job in Seattle