ABC gives ‘Nashville’ full-season order
November 13, 2012
"Nashville" hasn't lived up to media buyers' preseason expectations. They predicted that the ABC drama would be the fall season's breakout hit.
After a solid debut, its ratings have fallen sharply, but the network still sees enough promise in the Wednesday 10 p.m. show to pick it up for the full season.
ABC has ordered nine additional episodes of "Nashville," becoming the network's second new show to earn a pickup. "The Neighbors" has also received a full order.
"Nashville" is averaging a 2.1 adults 18-49 rating this season, though that includes a 2.8 for its first episode, which premiered last month behind a huge lead-in from a special episode of "Modern Family."
Since then "Nashville" has aired behind "Suburgatory," and its ratings have declined. Last week's episode finished third in the timeslot with a 2.0, up from the previous week.
The show follows an older country singer (Connie Britton) trying to stay relevant in an era of starlets such as Hayden Panettiere's character.
Another boffo bow for an NBC sitcom
New Orleans: Looking back at Katrina
Why the ‘Mr. Robot’ finale was yanked
Big stink over NY tabloid covers
The case of the missing Millennials
Down to the wire for ABC and NBC
‘Limitless,’ fast, fun but at risk of fizzling
Tell us your thoughts on Hispanic media
Big Little League rematch: Texas-Cali
Cable overnights: ‘Haves’ grows on OWN
Introducing the McWhopper. (Oh, nevermind.)
Now streaming on Rdio, it’s native advertising
NBC crushes the competition Tuesday
- Kyla Jacobs rises to global business development director at TBWA
- Rob FitzGerald becomes U.S. president at We Are Social
- Mandy Graham joins and Maria Smith rises at M&C Saatchi
- David Duncan becomes chief strategy officer at BBDO Minneapolis
- Zan Goodman becomes design director at Chandelier
- Patty Hirsch becomes digital GM for sports at Time Inc.
- Bob Gold becomes SVP of distribution at Poker Central
- Alison Fitzgerald becomes health policy correspondent at NPR
- Baratunde Thurston becomes supervising producer at 'The Daily Show'
- Jim Belushi joins the cast of Fox's pilot "Urban Cowboy'
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Interactive media buyer job in Cedar Falls, Iowa
Junior media planner wanted in Austin
Assistant media planner job in Atlanta
Local marketing specialist wanted in Greensboro
Part-time media buyer job in Lake Bluff, Illinois