ABC gives ‘Nashville’ full-season order
November 13, 2012
"Nashville" hasn't lived up to media buyers' preseason expectations. They predicted that the ABC drama would be the fall season's breakout hit.
After a solid debut, its ratings have fallen sharply, but the network still sees enough promise in the Wednesday 10 p.m. show to pick it up for the full season.
ABC has ordered nine additional episodes of "Nashville," becoming the network's second new show to earn a pickup. "The Neighbors" has also received a full order.
"Nashville" is averaging a 2.1 adults 18-49 rating this season, though that includes a 2.8 for its first episode, which premiered last month behind a huge lead-in from a special episode of "Modern Family."
Since then "Nashville" has aired behind "Suburgatory," and its ratings have declined. Last week's episode finished third in the timeslot with a 2.0, up from the previous week.
The show follows an older country singer (Connie Britton) trying to stay relevant in an era of starlets such as Hayden Panettiere's character.
Coming soon, a new way to measure online TV
Five smart tips on buying billboards
Fact: Mobile ads now top banner ads
‘Yikes, that is one spooky psychic!’
‘Project Runway: Threads,’ threadbare
Tell us, what’s your take on Martha Stewart?
A most unlikely World Series matchup
Cable overnights: ‘Dead’ stays strong in week two
Mom to toy store: Stop selling Walt White doll!
Fox orders a horror series from Ryan Murphy
CBS Outdoor is dropping the CBS name
‘Sunday Night Football’ scores for NBC
Washington Post rolls out national tab
- Abbey Klaassen becomes director of corporate development at Dentsu
- Robert Kellner becomes SVP of strategy at Barker
- Anhelo Reyes becomes VP of brand marketing at Spike TV
- ABC News SVP of communications Jeffrey Schneider exits
- Carlos Lamadrid becomes VP of national sales at Entercom
- Claudine Cazian rises to VP of programming at Premiere Networks
- Michael Foster becomes VP of demand platform at MediaAlpha
- Susan Sarandon joins Lifetime's 'Marilyn'
- Pitbull hosting ABC's American Music Awards
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Assistant media planner/buyer wanted in Austin
Digital media buyer/planner job in Norcross, Georgia
Associate media planner wanted in Chicago
Media buyer job in Medford, Oregon
Media planner position in Chicago