A live stream of photos on billboards
April 14, 2016
We’ve seen live tweets on billboards. Now it’s time for live photo streaming.
Lamar Advertising will post photos from an upcoming photo shoot promoting a nonprofit in what it’s billing its first-ever live stream, though it won’t actually be video.
Still, it’s a cool real-time promotion that ties in with Earth Week.
The space is being donated to the nonprofit organization Recycle Across America for an event on April 21, a PSA photo shoot featuring celebrities promoting RAA’s “Let’s recycle right!” campaign.
Kristen Bell, Angie Harmon, Bill Maher, Ian Somerhalder, Alanis Morissette, Gabby Reece, Anthony Mackie, Stana Katic, Elvis Nolasco and Josie Maran are among the celebrities taking part.
Celebrity photographer Timothy White will take the photos.
Lamar will provide use of hundreds of digital billboards across the U.S. for the stunt, which it values at more than $350,000 in ad inventory. The company is also donating inventory to RAA to use throughout Earth Week, which will result in more than 3 million spots.
The event is for a good cause, but it’s also a smart opportunity for Lamar to showcase the real-time capabilities of digital OOH media. In theory, any advertiser could make use of live events to quickly update OOH creative in real time.
New York leads the Ellie nominations, once again
CBS’s ‘Hunted’: Little hope of sustaining its big bow
Best of the week: On the origins of fake news
In this digital age, the allure of alternative OOH
Digital radio: A primer for media planners and buyers
Weekend TV: ‘Beaches’ for a new generation
Cable overnights: Good start for ‘Six’ on History
Warriors-Cavs sets three-year high on TNT
The rundown on media coverage of the inauguration
New sitcom ‘Speechless’ tops a slow Wednesday
Puzzling out Carlos Slim’s bold U.S. ambitions
TV programming blog: All the cancellations and renewals
This week’s broadcast ratings
- Michael Lieberman becomes CSO at Kinetic Worldwide
- Ryan Haskins becomes director of media at Figliulo&Partners
- Deborah Furey becomes SVP of strategy at Wunderman Health
- Martin McDonald becomes VP of strategic sales at V Digital Services
- Bob Johns becomes chief revenue officer at Big Outdoor
- Chris Brooks rises to EVP of distribution at CW
- Salil Mehta becomes president at FoxNext
- David Perpich becomes president and GM at The Wirecutter
- Jessica Sebor and Aaron Hersh rise at Competitor Group
- Jeff Hackett joins and Mike Owen rises at AdColony
- James Frain joins CBS All Access' 'Star Trek: Discovery'
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top-rated movies, songs and books
This month’s digital traffic data: November 2016
This week’s daypart ratings
Opening for a media planner at a top OOH agency
Orlando agency looking for a media planner/buyer
Freelance media planner/buyer available
Junior media planner/buyer position in Minneapolis-St. Paul
Media sales coordinator opening in New York