3 billion people watched Sochi opening ceremony
February 12, 2014
The opening ceremony of the Winter Games drew quite an audience worldwide.
The International Olympic Committee says that 3 billion people tuned in to the ceremony on Friday night.
That included a record 43 million in host country Russia, where the Games became the most-watched sporting event ever.
Some of those viewers watched on a tape delay, with about 33 percent of all Russians tuning in live.
The Games averaged 31.7 million viewers in the United States, according to Nielsen.
Remembering Leonard Nimoy, ‘Star Trek’s’ Spock
Solid sendoff for ‘How to Get Away with Murder’
Alas, 2014 wasn’t good for advertising
Nickelodeon upfront: Cutting the cord
‘The Last Man on Earth,’ quite good
Rachel, I’m fed up with his dirty talk
Tell us your thoughts on Hispanic media
Best tube bets this weekend
Cable overnights: ‘O’Reilly’ tops 3 million again
CBS slates summer premiere dates
FCC votes yes on new net neutrality laws
Solid rebound for Fox’s Daytona 500
Yes, ‘Empire’ hits yet another series high
- Dan Matarelli becomes VP and director at SMG Performance Marketing
- Chris Gyorgy becomes group creative director at Havas Chicago
- Jonathan Lewis and Dave Ortega rise at McKee Wallwork + Co.
- Alan Brydon becomes CEO at the Outdoor Media Centre
- Mike Sundet becomes director of sports and entertainment at Momentum
- Remy Stern rises to chief digital officer at The New York Post
- Deena Schacter joins and Katie Tomlinson rises at Veranda
- Luz Maria Doria, Irma Martinez and Luz Avila-Kyncl join Siempre Mujer
- Mark Boudreaux becomes director of sales at Entercom New Orleans
- Duncan Lawrence and Sharna Morelli rise at Morpace
- Rob Stone becomes studio host for Fox's Women's World Cup
- Andrew J. West joins CW's 'Dead People'
- Adam Rodriguez joins ABC drama pilot 'Runner'
This week’s cable ratings
This month’s new media traffic data
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s top movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This week’s younger viewer ratings
Communications strategist/media planner in Chicago
Digital campaign and analytics manager
Digital media buyer job in Springfield, MO
Assistant media planner job in Santa Monica
Digital media planner opening in Las Vegas