3 billion people watched Sochi opening ceremony
February 12, 2014
The opening ceremony of the Winter Games drew quite an audience worldwide.
The International Olympic Committee says that 3 billion people tuned in to the ceremony on Friday night.
That included a record 43 million in host country Russia, where the Games became the most-watched sporting event ever.
Some of those viewers watched on a tape delay, with about 33 percent of all Russians tuning in live.
The Games averaged 31.7 million viewers in the United States, according to Nielsen.
‘The Simpsons’ receives another boost from the NFL
ABC’s ‘This Week’ posting best numbers in 15 years
NFL scores with Sunday playoffs rising to new heights
Study: Couples who post happy pictures may be unhappy
TV programming blog: All the cancellations and renewals
NBC holds steady among 18-49s on Thursday
TV trend that won’t go away: Revivals and reboots
Best of the best: Your weekend media reading list
As a new year begins, Rachel takes a look back
Tell us: What will be the big media stories of 2017?
The rescue of Univision: Chance to get back its mojo
Weekend TV: ‘The Young Pope’ bows on HBO
That time C-SPAN started broadcasting in Russian
- Sara Frucci and Rachel Regan join Young & Laramore
- Evelyn Webster becomes interim CEO at Guardian U.S.
- Wolfgang Blau and Albert Read rise at Condé Nast
- Mike Keller becomes strategic account manager at QuickShift
- Sarah Cristobal becomes executive features director at InStyle
- Corey Lewandowski joins One America News Network
- Kevin Hart producing History's 'The Black Man’s Guide to History'
- Mike Greenberg starring in new ESPN morning show
- Boomer Esiason and Daniela Ruah hosting CBS's 'Super Bowl Greatest Commercials'
- Dakota Fanning joins TNT's 'The Alienist'
- Giancarlo Esposito joins AMC's 'Better Call Saul'
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top-rated movies, songs and books
This month’s digital traffic data: November 2016
This week’s daypart ratings
Orlando agency looking for a media planner/buyer
Freelance media planner/buyer available
Junior media planner/buyer position in Minneapolis-St. Paul
Media sales coordinator opening in New York
Freelance media buyer available